Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-11-2011   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Random Thought of the Day

Will be interesting to follow how Jay Cutler responds this season.

(NFL network just did a segment on him and the issues with the playoff game)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Random Thought of the Day

Baltimore and Pittsburgh will be a slugfest

I hope Vonta knocks the piss out of Harrison
Old 09-11-2011   #3
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

My thought was that Frank Caliendo impersonating Terry Bradshaw on the Fox pregame show looked a lot more like Jon Miller than Terry Bradshaw.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Baltimore and Pittsburgh will be a slugfest

I hope Vonta knocks the piss out of Harrison
Man I thought so too. What the hell happened to Pittsburgh?? I love it, but just can't believe it. 35-7 with seconds left.
Old 09-11-2011   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Looks like NFL redzone is free today for those that normally don't have it (like me)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
Looks like NFL redzone is free today for those that normally don't have it (like me)
Link please? I guess I could find it, sorry. I'm looking for the the San Fran game for the wife.
Old 09-11-2011   #7
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Man I thought so too. What the hell happened to Pittsburgh?? I love it, but just can't believe it. 35-7 with seconds left.
I didn't think it would be a blowout but I had Baltimore winning.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

In games I wasn't expecting? Buffalo crushed Kansas City 41-7, Chicago pounded Atlanta 30-12 & Cincinnati upset Cleveland 27-17.
Old 09-11-2011   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

The Falcons o-line looked like crap against the Bears D. Looks like the Falcons are going to have issues against good defenses.
Old 09-11-2011   #10
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Link please? I guess I could find it, sorry. I'm looking for the the San Fran game for the wife.
No link, it's on tv. (U-verse anyway)
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
In games I wasn't expecting? Buffalo crushed Kansas City 41-7, Chicago pounded Atlanta 30-12 & Cincinnati upset Cleveland 27-17.
Yep. Time to use a "sure thing" in survivor next week. This happened to me last year. Started out with a moderate favorite and lost. After that even my sure thing games the overwhelming favorite picked that week to lose.
Old 09-11-2011   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Grossman is playing pretty well.
Old 09-11-2011   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yep. Time to use a "sure thing" in survivor next week. This happened to me last year. Started out with a moderate favorite and lost. After that even my sure thing games the overwhelming favorite picked that week to lose.
Looking at next week these are the games that are appealing to me: Baltimore over Tennessee, Pittsburgh over Seattle, New York Jets over Jacksonville & Green Bay over Carolina.
Old 09-11-2011   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Mark sanchise, my ass
Old 09-12-2011   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

NFLN sucks bigtime. Sanders, sucks. Irvin, sucks. Holy shit.
Old 09-27-2011   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp8081
Old 09-29-2011   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Wonder what VY thinks of that "Dream Team" now .... Maybe it was a nightmare ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Jacksonville

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp8401
Old 10-09-2011   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

They said on NFL network that the jets used a buzzer in practice to get Sanchez to speed up his internal clock to get rid of the ball sooner
Old 10-17-2011   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Sam Bradford has a high ankle sprain

And Jerry Jones is talking again

Quote:
Garrett puts tight leash on Romo down stretch

“When you get in a situation like that, you’ve got to go for the kill,” Jones told Y! Sports shortly before leaving the Cowboys’ locker room. “I felt like we could’ve been more aggressive. Our defense had been good all day, but you knew Brady had a length-of-the-field drive in him – so it didn’t surprise me at all when he took them down at the end.”

If Garrett, who has been a head coach for less than a year, was scared that Romo would blow this game, he made a major miscalculation. By treating his quarterback like an irresponsible teenager lobbying to take the family car on a road trip, Garrett – and not Romo – was the one who gagged under pressure.

That’s because while many critics bash Romo as a second-tier quarterback whose penchant for making brutal mistakes at key moments is an insuperable flaw, Jones still believes the 31-year-old passer possesses greatness. The owner demonstrated his commitment four years ago with a six-year, $67.4 million contract extension through the 2013 season. He reaffirmed that faith on Sunday evening, just two weeks removed from Romo’s miserable second half against the Detroit Lions that resulted in the biggest collapse in franchise history.

“I do have complete confidence in him making throws at the end of a ballgame,” Jones said. “We’ve been burned a couple of times this year, but I still like his chances in those situations.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...garrett_101711

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read