Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-06-2011   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The "Who should I start" thread

Didn't see this one, so here goes. Try to give as much info as possible

I have 1 flex spot open on my team. Here is who I can choose between:
Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Joseph Addai, RB, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Ryan Grant, RB, Packers against NO Saints (home)
Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings against SD (away)
Old 09-06-2011   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

I think you have to go with Wayne regardless of if Manning plays. Even if Collins is throwing to him, he should still be the #1 target and get plenty of chances to score points for you. Grant would be my second choice after seeing the Saints run D in preseason.
Old 09-06-2011   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think you have to go with Wayne regardless of if Manning plays. Even if Collins is throwing to him, he should still be the #1 target and get plenty of chances to score points for you. Grant would be my second choice after seeing the Saints run D in preseason.

^this.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

agreed on Wayne.

I'm on a fantasy football website called fantasysharks.com and I think it's one of the best sources of info out there. There are some good articles, but they've got forums with player news, who should I start, waiver/free agent moves...anything. A lot of information comes from people in the NFL cities so there's a little more in-depth info than I find on some sites.

Not spamming...just letting you all know about a site that's helped me quite a bit in the fantasy football realm.
Old 09-06-2011   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh... It... We... have no response. That was perfect.

Old 09-07-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my dilemma for a W/R/T flex spot:

Starters:
QB: Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
RB1: Ray Rice (Bal - RB)
RB2: Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
WR1: Roddy White (Atl - WR)
WR2: Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)
TE: Zach Miller (Sea - TE)
DST: Chargers

Flex:

Marques Colston (NO - WR)
Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)

I'm leaning towards Reggie Bush, but I'm willing to take suggestions

Edit: 1 PPR

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 09-07-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Didn't see this one, so here goes. Try to give as much info as possible

I have 1 flex spot open on my team. Here is who I can choose between:
Reggie Wayne, WR, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Joseph Addai, RB, Colts against Houston Texans (away)
Ryan Grant, RB, Packers against NO Saints (home)
Percy Harvin, WR, Vikings against SD (away)
PPR? Wayne or Harvin.

Non PPR - Wayne or Grant. Probably Wayne though. Even though our defense was revamped, our corners are still young and can be had.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-07-2011   #8
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Starters:

Flex:

Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)

Again, PPR or no?

I would go with Olsen. Cards gave up 242.6 passing yards per game last season. They lost DRC but gained Patrick Peterson. Also Newton will probably use Olsen as his safety valve alot.

NE is good against the run so Bush isnt that attractive, unless its a PPR league.

Fred Jackson is going @ KC who is middle of the pack against the run.

Bottom line: I would go with Olsen or Jackson if you are afraid of Cam Newton.
Old 09-07-2011   #9
Blake
MMQB

My turn.

League 1: PPR flex: Bush @ NE, Wells vs. CAR, S. Moss, NYG, Britt @ JAX.

League 2: Bradford vs. PHI, Kolb vs. CAR
Old 09-07-2011   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Starters:

Flex:

Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)

Edit: 1 PPR
I would have a hard time keeping Tate out week one. Probably a riskier play but could pay huge dividends. If not Tate I would go with Bush.
Old 09-07-2011   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
My turn.

League 1: I'd go with either Moss, or Wells. I'd be taking a wait and see approach to see how Britt Gels with hasselback, and I think New Englandwould be a bad matchup for Bush this week.

League 2: Kolb vs. Car. Bradford will be throwing at Nnamdi, DRC, and Asante Samuels
Old 09-07-2011   #12
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Again, PPR or no?

I would go with Olsen. Cards gave up 242.6 passing yards per game last season. They lost DRC but gained Patrick Peterson. Also Newton will probably use Olsen as his safety valve alot.

NE is good against the run so Bush isnt that attractive, unless its a PPR league.

Fred Jackson is going @ KC who is middle of the pack against the run.

Bottom line: I would go with Olsen or Jackson if you are afraid of Cam Newton.
It's 1PPR, so I have Bush in there right now. The concern with Olsen is that he has to compete with Jeremey Shockey for targets, so I'm not sure he will get enough attention. AZ is a crappy defense though, so maybe he is worth it...
Old 09-07-2011   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
My turn.

I like Wells @ Carolina and Kolb against Carolina. I don't expect either team to have much defense, so it could be a shootout. Fitz is bound to get some TDs against the Panthers.
Old 09-08-2011   #14
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

I still try to figure out my 3d WR - I have Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress and Devin Hester. What do you guys think?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #15
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 23162 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay,

WHO SHOULD I START???

PPR, 1 point per 10 yards, 6 for TDs.

Mark Ingram or Derrick Ward?
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #16
TheDrifter
All Pro

Rep Power: 23162 TheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDrifter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I still try to figure out my 3d WR - I have Steve Smith (Car), Plaxico Burress and Devin Hester. What do you guys think?
Do individual players get return yards?

If not, I'd drop Hester from the conversation. Bears are weirdly devoted to Roy Williams.
TheDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011   #17
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34365 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrifter View Post
Do individual players get return yards?

If not, I'd drop Hester from the conversation. Bears are weirdly devoted to Roy Williams.
Yeah they do get return yards - but not as much points as for receiving yards (I think 10 return yards equal 1 receiving yard).
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #18
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected

My current top three backs are Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhell, and Darren McFadden. I clearly went RB heavy in my draft. Rice and Mendenhall are my initial starters and McFadden is my flex.

I also drafted Ben Tate to get him out of the hands of the guy who grabbed Foster, but now I have this rather tough problem on my hands. Let's say Foster and Ward both sit against Miami...

Which 3 of the 4 do I start?
Ray Rice @ Tennessee
Rashard Mendenhall vs Seattle
Darren McFadden @ Buffalo
Ben Tate @ Miami

-Credit to False Start for this signature-
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
My current top three backs are Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhell, and Darren McFadden. I clearly went RB heavy in my draft. Rice and Mendenhall are my initial starters and McFadden is my flex.

I also drafted Ben Tate to get him out of the hands of the guy who grabbed Foster, but now I have this rather tough problem on my hands. Let's say Foster and Ward both sit against Miami...

Which 3 of the 4 do I start?
Ray Rice @ Tennessee
Rashard Mendenhall vs Seattle
Darren McFadden @ Buffalo
Ben Tate @ Miami
Wow, that is quite a dilemma, but a good one to have. I think you must start Ray Rice and DMC given their production this past week. RR against the Steelers for 30 points means he should do just about as well against the Tits. Tate or Mendenhall...

The Bills allowed 6 YPC against the Chiefs this past week: NFL Team stats

The Dolphins 4.8, but the Pats didn't run much.

I'd go with Tate just for the Texans sake
Old 09-13-2011   #20
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a question regarding WR's. Which three should I start?

Brandon Marshall vs. Houston
A.J. Green @ Denver
Braylon Edwards vs. Dallas
Robert Meachem vs. Chicago
Jacoby Jones @ Miami

I'm thinking of going with Marshall, Meachem & Jones, but I wanted some advice first.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read