Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-30-2011   #301
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football League

I emailed him, just waiting for a response back.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #302
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am NOT i repeat NOT trying to pull anyone from this league, but if anyone is interested in playing in an additional league (hell, I'm in three) I've decided to cast my brother into the hell known as fantasy football for the first time.

If interested.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84510
Old 08-30-2011   #303
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I would disagree with this statement. All the players I have on the bench will probably never see the field so if we stay the way we are my players will stay as is, I see no point in even trying to rotate players.

I think the advantage with slightly smaller rosters is the fact that your bench matters and there does require some forethought on match-ups each week.

Just my .02.
All the players on my bench will likely see the field. It's because I drafted players while people were snagging DST's, K's and TE's all early and waited on them until my lineup and bench was filled. It's draft strategy and a lot of owners didn't use it.

I fully admit that there are far too many flex options...I don't think it'd hurt to have a RB/WR/TE flex spot or two. I do really like the 2 QB lineup requirement as well. There would be more than enough players to start on a weekly basis for everyone provided they don't draft unwisely. With the current format, I saw that QB's would be at a premium and went ahead and stocked up.
Old 08-30-2011   #304
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
All the players on my bench will likely see the field. It's because I drafted players while people were snagging DST's, K's and TE's all early and waited on them until my lineup and bench was filled. It's draft strategy and a lot of owners didn't use it.

I fully admit that there are far too many flex options...I don't think it'd hurt to have a RB/WR/TE flex spot or two. I do really like the 2 QB lineup requirement as well. There would be more than enough players to start on a weekly basis for everyone provided they don't draft unwisely. With the current format, I saw that QB's would be at a premium and went ahead and stocked up.
I get where you're coming from, I drafted three starting QBs for the same reason. 2 QBs is not really my biggest gripe it was the amount of flex positions and total positions on the team. It was really a lot and I really think the majority of us got a group of #3 RBs and #4 WRs...doesn't do much for strategy, again just my opinion. I've never played with this many positions and I can't and won't say how it would ultimately end up-I'm just guessing and I'm thinking I would have no need to pay a whole lot of attention to this team. I would rather play the strategy game and have a need to rotate players based on match ups and work to win.
Old 08-30-2011   #305
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

In regards to the 2 QBs... I am gonna come out and say - I really, really do not like it. If you are required to carry 2 QBs, you are essentially required to carry a third to be the swing guy when there is a bye week. If everyone in our 12-team league drafted 3 starting QBs, that is 36. Not possible. And it takes some of the fun out of it when you have no starting FA QBs. I like my flexibility with A. Rogers and K. Kolb, but I have no 3rd QB, and I had no intention of starting a 3rd until I found out what Q/R/W/T meant and that they were starters. I have never played in a league that had so many starters.

And Karl, there isnt one uniform strategy for drafting in fantasy football. I am pretty sure my options for Defense is stronger than yours, but that was a choice I made. Maybe my defense can make up what points you get from your flex positions.

Ultimately, I will go with what the rest of the league decides as far as a re-draft is concerned.
Old 09-02-2011   #306
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone get an e-mail that a new draft has been scheduled??

I was just perusing my teams and saw that there is a new draft. The roster size has changed but still lots o'flex positions.

I'll be on autodraft because it doesn't start until 10:30 p.m. EST.

Good luck to everyone!!

**Edit**I just got the e-mail!!
Old 09-02-2011   #307
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry but can i withdraw and give someone else my position? Theres just to many slots and i'll lose interest really quick . Sorry for the inconveinance .....
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #308
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not feeling the changes that were made to the starting lineups either. The flex positions are still a bit too much.
Old 09-02-2011   #309
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It looks like it was changed again. It's now set to:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
WR/RB
WR/TE
K/ST

It looks way better to me.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011   #310
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Did you guys want WR/TE or ditch it?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 09-02-2011   #311
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Ay, chihuahua! That was fast. I like that lineup much more than the previous ones. Good luck to everyone, except when you are playing me.

Old 09-02-2011   #312
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Did you guys want WR/TE or ditch it?
I am OK with that.

Another option is having just one flex positions (WR/RB/TE). How would you feel about that?

EDIT: Or just a "RB/TE" flex since we are already starting 3 WRs
Old 09-02-2011   #313
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Now here's the thing....there are 6 bench spots, but with that extra flex position, it might have to be increased to 8. If we don't have WR/TE position, 6 would be cool.

Old 09-02-2011   #314
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now here's the thing....there are 6 bench spots, but with that extra flex position, it might have to be increased to 8. If we don't have WR/TE position, 6 would be cool.
Six should be fine regardless. That leaves room for a QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense if you so desire. You don't need three RB's or WR's on your bench just because that many are starting.
Old 09-02-2011   #315
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Six should be fine regardless. That leaves room for a QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense if you so desire. You don't need three RB's or WR's on your bench just because that many are starting.
You mentioned the 6 bench spots for QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense. Say your starting WR and RB are on bye. Then you take off the WR/TE and WR/RB slots to fill the starting WR and RB. What is then being used to replace the WR/RB or WR/TE slots? You can use the TE on the bench, but what about the other one?

Situations like the above and many more can be resolved with 2 more bench spots.

Old 09-02-2011   #316
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You mentioned the 6 bench spots for QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense. Say your starting WR and RB are on bye. Then you take off the WR/TE and WR/RB slots to fill the starting WR and RB. What is then being used to replace the WR/RB or WR/TE slots? You can use the TE on the bench, but what about the other one?

Situations like the above and many more can be resolved with 2 more bench spots.
If your starting WR & RB are on a bye you replace them with your backup WR & RB. You know, the guy on the bench in the first place?
Old 09-02-2011   #317
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Gary wanted me to post the final positions for the re-draft tomorrow at 9:30 CST. If you can't make it, pre-rank! Good luck to everyone!

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Old 09-02-2011   #318
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I just thought I would check in here. Are we good now? I hope so.
Old 09-02-2011   #319
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be on the yahoo autopilot.
Old 09-02-2011   #320
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I just thought I would check in here. Are we good now? I hope so.
I'm good!! I'll be seeing how auto works...hope it works better for me than it did for HOU-TEX!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read