Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2005   #21
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGETexansfan
Sorry, new here guys. We have to just get our act together. I feel like we have gone back three years. I will always be a HUGE fan and I will ALWAYS argue with my husband over the whole Texans/Cowboys thing. But we REALLY have to come back and be a TEAM.
Sorry about butting in on something that was'nt my buisness, But if you don't mind an outsiders view, or opinion. I'm not saying anything in paticular about the Texans Organization. For a very young team,(in general) it takes time, in natural order to make you as competitive as you possibly can be, at that stage of your development. With that said, I'm a die-hard BENGALS fan! "We bleed orange & black" as we like to say, & of course I want my team to win every Sunday. Like the Stones said--"You can't allways get, what you want"---But I really do respect the city & good people of Houston, Tx.--------(I used to live there--2 hot) This machine you all have going down here is scary!!! I'm not just blowing smoke, It's not my place to sit here & tell you, oh you need "this", & "that"-(George Carlin) well ya gotta get the "other"--it's a set!!!---LOL---Seriously now folkes---sorry 'bout that---There's a lot of great peices to the puzzle, that have allready been found, & it won't be long---I believe!---I'm kind of an older guy, that remembers the first Super Bowl, & I realize I'm a little long winded, of sorts.----I've had fun talking with your fans this week! Thank You, Texans.com for letting me be a part of it. Have a great game Sunday---Wait!!!! What am I saying???---WHO DEY!!!---Ahh---That's more like it!!!----See Ya!

Last edited by ohwhyknott; 09-30-2005 at 04:35 PM.
ohwhyknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #22
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Look for the Texans to utilize thier tight ends more. They need blocking and they have good blocking TEs. By doing so and using the TE for short passes, it will make the D stay in the middle and open the outside for Andre.

Defenses have been keying on Andre and DD, as well as blitzing on pass plays. This would be a way to beat thier blitz and make them pay, in essence, giving Carr more time and taking the double team off of Johnson.
Old 09-30-2005   #23
ohwhyknott
Rookie

Thumbs up No Doubt

Hope you don't mind, dude but I happen to think you're right!---Utilizing the Tight End position is devastating to a defensive scheme,(especially a zone) They can pick that apart all day!
-----Oh Bengals here!--- (Chad Johnson)---See ya Texans!!!---Back to Ohio!

Last edited by ohwhyknott; 09-30-2005 at 04:57 PM.
ohwhyknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #24
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwhyknott
Hope you don't mind, dude but I happen to think you're right!---Utilizing the Tight End position is devastating to a defensive scheme,(especially a zone) They can pick that apart all day!
M .Murphy is dinged up, that leaves us with old man Bruener, who isn't going to be stretching the field, and Rivers. Ewww I get all giddy thinking about the talent at the TE spot. <-----that's a white flag mind you.

And seriously folks when people are saying our line sucks, it just doesn't mean 5 packs of meat on the offensive line, it includes our TE's, RB's and whoever else is in there block. Maybe the appropriate term is our "protection" stinks, or our "blocking" stinks.
Old 09-30-2005   #25
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
M .Murphy is dinged up, that leaves us with old man Bruener, who isn't going to be stretching the field, and Rivers. Ewww I get all giddy thinking about the talent at the TE spot. <-----that's a white flag mind you.

And seriously folks when people are saying our line sucks, it just doesn't mean 5 packs of meat on the offensive line, it includes our TE's, RB's and whoever else is in there block. Maybe the appropriate term is our "protection" stinks, or our "blocking" stinks.
Yeah I doubt we effectively utilize the TEs this week. Murphy wasn't all that great for being the "best" we have and I just haven't seen enough of Rivers to know what style he brings. We can always dump to Davis though. heh
Old 09-30-2005   #26
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
Yeah I doubt we effectively utilize the TEs this week. Murphy wasn't all that great for being the "best" we have and I just haven't seen enough of Rivers to know what style he brings. We can always dump to Davis though. heh
Old man Bruener is a good blocker.

Dumping to Davis when he is keyed on surprises nobody.
Old 09-30-2005   #27
CinciFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Off topic, but I don't believe it deserves it own thread...What's the story on why Bengals fans say Who Dey?
Who Dey is originally from the New Orleans Saints, who used to say "Who Dat . . ".

The bengals' fight song is "Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat dem Bengals? Nooooboody!"
CinciFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #28
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Murphy can't block. Our only healthy TE who can block is Bruener and he's no receiving threat.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #29
BengalStripes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan
Who Dey is originally from the New Orleans Saints, who used to say "Who Dat . . ".

The bengals' fight song is "Who Dey, Who Dey, Who Dey think gonna beat dem Bengals? Nooooboody!"
You couldn't be more wrong. Cincy was using "WHO DEY" years before the Saints started saying "Who Dat".

We were yelling the WHO DEY chant in November of 1981.

Saints didn't start chirping out WHO DAT until 1983. Then it went away for awhile, but it resurfaced in 1987 during their playoff run. The Saints WHO DAT got some publicity because they were in the playoffs and the Bengals made their Super Bowl run in 1988 - so everyone thought the WHO DEY chant they were hearing from Bengals fans in 1988 was copied from the Saints from 1987 - but that wasn't so. It never left Bengals' fans mouths from 1981.

Actually, it is very probable that the Bengals started it in 1981, then LSU changed it to WHO DAT during their Orange Bowl run in 1982. Then the Saints adopted it as their battle cry.

Make no mistake - WHO DEY is a Cincy chant - and a Cincy chant alone. As ignorant as "WHO DEY" might sound - it's ours and ours alone.
BengalStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #30
BengalStripes
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get A New QB
expect for the bengals to get alot of interceptions and sacks
We could use some sacks. We've been having trouble getting to the QB so far this season. :brickwall
BengalStripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #31
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I see it as DD left, DD right, DD up the middle and punt. A simple game plan from a simple coach
Old 09-30-2005   #32
throwANDREtheBALL
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to throwANDREtheBALL

Unfortunately I see it as another poor outing for our offense. Great day stat padding day for the Bengals Defense. And another week of reading "TEXANS SUCK" messages on this board.

If ever there was a time that I didn't want to be right, its right now.

Prove me wrong boys, prove me wrong.
throwANDREtheBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005   #33
CinciFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalStripes
You couldn't be more wrong. Cincy was using "WHO DEY" years before the Saints started saying "Who Dat".

We were yelling the WHO DEY chant in November of 1981.

Saints didn't start chirping out WHO DAT until 1983. Then it went away for awhile, but it resurfaced in 1987 during their playoff run. The Saints WHO DAT got some publicity because they were in the playoffs and the Bengals made their Super Bowl run in 1988 - so everyone thought the WHO DEY chant they were hearing from Bengals fans in 1988 was copied from the Saints from 1987 - but that wasn't so. It never left Bengals' fans mouths from 1981.

Actually, it is very probable that the Bengals started it in 1981, then LSU changed it to WHO DAT during their Orange Bowl run in 1982. Then the Saints adopted it as their battle cry.

Make no mistake - WHO DEY is a Cincy chant - and a Cincy chant alone. As ignorant as "WHO DEY" might sound - it's ours and ours alone.
I wonder a couple things. First, why would you come after me, a fellow Bengals fan, like that, right or wrong?

Second, why do it when your facts are iffy at best?

http://www.conk.com/search/encyclope...innati_Bengals
CinciFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read