Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-31-2011   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Arian Foster and the handcuff

Saturday was my draft. I picked him at at #3 overall and I grabbed Ben Tate in the 14th round for the handcuff.

I wasn't even worried when Kubes said Ward was gonna be the #2. I figured Ward would get the start and Tate would get the results. Then today happened....

Did anyone else freak out when Foster tweeted his MRI? Does anyone else have all 3 Texans RB's on their roster now?

We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 132014 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Foster and the handcuff

Tate struggled in blocking and blitz pick up a bit so I'd bet we see Ward more than Tate if Foster can't go. Ward has proven he can block when it gets hot.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Tate struggled in blocking and blitz pick up a bit so I'd bet we see Ward more than Tate if Foster can't go. Ward has proven he can block when it gets hot.
Yup, Kubiak wont play a back that can't pick up the blitz. He also tends to trust vets more than rooks no matter what.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage advice in the above posts.

But, I think Tate is the guy to own in fantasy leagues. If the stars align I could see Tate being this years Arian, Ward I just don't see with that high of a ceiling.

Most likely though, either Arian leads the league in rushing again or we have a RBBC and you will never know who to start.
Old 08-31-2011   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Yup, Kubiak wont play a back that can't pick up the blitz. He also tends to trust vets more than rooks no matter what.
If Slaton's healthy enough to play against the Vikes tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if a decent to good performance convinces Kubiak to keep 4 RB's on the roster - even if it might only be for a few weeks.
Old 09-01-2011   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with Tate, he looked flashy in the preseason and I think he will get the long runs. Ward may get the start, but between the two of them, I would expect Tate to get the points. I expect it to be 50/50 in the carries split, and Tate to do more with it than Ward, but it's still a tough choice. I'm not starting both of them though, I have too many other good options. If Foster is out for an extended period of time, I think Tate will take the #1 role over Ward.
Old 09-01-2011   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like it's a bad year for RBs in general. I wasn't too impressed with the draft selection after the 4th round.

Seems like the days of the stud RBs are over at least for now.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2011   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
If Slaton's healthy enough to play against the Vikes tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if a decent to good performance convinces Kubiak to keep 4 RB's on the roster - even if it might only be for a few weeks.
With Foster's hamstring, it would only make sense to keep Slaton.. a true handcuff.

Like you said, at least for a few weeks, until the trade deadline, to make sure Foster is okay.

I was talking about his hammy with a friend at work this morning. Foster is on my FF team, my friend has Tate. I told him even though it would hurt my fantasy team in the short run, I would rather Foster didn't play week 1 or week 2, just to make sure he will be good for the rest of the season.
Old 09-24-2011   #9
ADTpaul
ADT Security

Rep Power: 35 ADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respectedADTpaul is a quality contributor and well respected

glad you scooped up Tate in the late rounds. I did the same and its paying dividends! I have him and Peyton Hillis for my RBs.
ADTpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read