Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 08-30-2011   #41
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Must see to believe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
I'm not trying to be insensitive to anyone in this situation but I kind of know both sides. I'm not a "large" guy by any stretch (6'2 - 180) but when I am in China I am a giant (Yao not included obviously). We used to take the ferry to HK all the time and it just wasn't built for someone my size. I'd have a person that was 4'10 - 90 lbs on either side of me and my knees in my chin (This is back in the early 90's so it may have changed). I was all elbows and knees but I couldn't help but put them in the seats next to me. I started buying two tickets and just leaning all over one.

I've been on the other end when I was a kid... I used to fly to Jakarta and we would take the weirdest routes (through Hawaii and Australia and then through Canada and Taiwan). We would ride in coach and on several occasions I would get stuck next to a large individual. On a 12-14 plane ride that is not cool. They would lean into my seat and stuff because I was a kid I guess. My solution? Get a wool blanket. (I'm allergic to wool) I would reclaim my seat about 5 seconds after my allergies kicked in and I started sneezing.

Of course as an adult I would handle it differently. It isn't the, next to someone large, that bothers me, but there is certainly a line. If I am having to squeeze my shoulders together I might ask to be moved. Not if it is a one time game, but if I held season tickets and I saw them there the next week I would have to ask to be moved. That's at least a 350 -2k investment that I'm making per seat and while I may stand most of the game I can't see my gf doing it.

There has to be a way to be nice about it and still get relief.

Mike
I agree with Mike. It is more of courtesy and consider to others with a common sense. When you look at a picture, guy is on right is taking about 1/3 of seat next to him. If I was this guy, I would put this situation to other people's shoes and question myself if this may cause problem by sitting next to him/her. Because, it is obvious that this person would not fit in a normal seating. This is why I was suggesting to have a fixed armrest onto chair. The most of people who has dieting problem can be controlled(of course some case you can't) and should be controlled for better healthier life. I was over weight 2 years ago and lost about 12kgs (about 24lbs) in 8weeks by just doing walking, a little exercise and eating carefully everyday.

Whether you like it or not, there is a dieting problem exists in many countries and it would be nice for an architect to realize this situation and design some over sized chair for those in need.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #42
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
First of all I would be willing to bet those 2 in the middle are friends with their larger "bookend" mates. Those are probably 4 seats together and those 4 fans are probably together. You can see why the large couple are not sitting together, it's probably not possible in those seats, hence they have all 4 and decided they all fit best the way they are seated.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

BTW, Gma ... you are not fat or anywhere even close to those guys who are obese. Actually you looked pretty trim on that TV commercial.
Thanks Kevin!! You know how to make an old gal feel good about herself!! I'm very surprised I ended up in that commercial, and wish I could backtrack and live that day all over again! lol Such is life!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
DB!! Why isn't he a LB for the Texans?? He can sit/stand next to me anytime!!
His dream is to play for the Texans, especially after taking that All Access tour (courtesy of YOU! )

Y'all have to come to the Battle of Piney Woods game at Reliant this year. It's a Saturday game (Oct. 8), and it's a great rivalry between SFA and Sam Houston. It's a lot of fun to see a college game in our stadium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I could take him!!!
Take him out to eat, of course!

I stand correct on his weight. He gained a bit in the off-season but is 'slimming' down to around 330 now.

BTW, he still talks about going to the Blue Crew tailgate. He's looking forward to going to another Texans game this season, and of course, see y'all do tailgating right again.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read