Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-25-2011   #281
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football League

Got an email from Gary last night:

rom Gary Lynn
to "rockets34life@gmail.com" <rockets34life@gmail.com>
date Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:56 PM
subject Re: Re-draft

I am willing to redo the draft but I won't be out of the hospital until late Saturday. I can only type for a very short time right now. My feathers are not ruffled. Send me suggestions for a draft date. I am also starting school on Monday. Holla back!lol
Gary

--------------------------

So now that Gary is on-board for the re-draft but still in the hosptial, let's schedule the re-draft for next week.

Once he's out and feeling better, what's a good day/time for everyone? I can do weekday/weekend evenings.

I also suggested the roster positions for the league:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
TE
K
D/ST

10 bench spots (reserve for each spot).

What do you guys think?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #282
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Sent a trade proposal HOU-TEX.

One question...how the hell did you have Hightower ranked #1 on your board?
I didn't!! The pre-draft rankings are bullshite! I pre-ranked the 1st 100 players. I found out they don't work in another league, which was why I was trying to remind myself of this draft. I still forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post

rom Gary Lynn

I am willing to redo the draft but I won't be out of the hospital until late Saturday. I can only type for a very short time right now. My feathers are not ruffled. Send me suggestions for a draft date. I am also starting school on Monday. Holla back!lol
Gary

So now that Gary is on-board for the re-draft but still in the hosptial, let's schedule the re-draft for next week.

Once he's out and feeling better, what's a good day/time for everyone? I can do weekday/weekend evenings.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
TE
K
D/ST

What do you guys think?
I can dig that. I might add another option position. WR/TE. I think 10 BN spots are a bit high for a 12 team league.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
WR/TE
TE
K
D/ST
Old 08-25-2011   #283
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Thank whoever for correcting the spelling in the title. I'm not even in this league but my inner grammar nazi was about to go nuts.
Old 08-25-2011   #284
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Thank whoever for correcting the spelling in the title. I'm not even in this league but my inner grammar nazi was about to go nuts.
Ditto, I've been reading it as Fancy Football League
Old 08-25-2011   #285
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I didn't!! The pre-draft rankings are bullshite! I pre-ranked the 1st 100 players. I found out they don't work in another league, which was why I was trying to remind myself of this draft. I still forgot

I can dig that. I might add another option position. WR/TE. I think 10 BN spots are a bit high for a 12 team league.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
WR/TE
TE
K
D/ST
I personally don't add flex spots in my leagues I run. I just make it simple....but if we add flex, I would only add 1 - WR/RB.

The 10 bench spots is a reserve for each position. Say a player was on bye. You can't bench him for their reserve if it was less than 10 spots. The player would have to be cut....which would suck ass especially if it was a good player.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 08-25-2011   #286
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

rom Gary Lynn

Gary

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
TE
K
D/ST

What do you guys think?
I don't mind a redraft w/e to me . But I would also like less positions , something like
QB
Wr
Wr
Wr
Rb
Rb
Wr/rb/te
Te
Def
K
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #287
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I personally don't add flex spots in my leagues I run. I just make it simple....but if we add flex, I would only add 1 - WR/RB.

The 10 bench spots is a reserve for each position. Say a player was on bye. You can't bench him for their reserve if it was less than 10 spots. The player would have to be cut....which would suck ass especially if it was a good player.
I would imagine you would just need one backup for each position. There would be no need to have three backup WR's when one player could fill in for all of their bye weeks. And if you seriously need a backup D or kicker I would question your sanity.

I would go with:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
D/ST
BN
BN
BN
BN
BN
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011   #288
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's fine. I was just giving another option
Old 08-25-2011   #289
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I won't be around until Monday evening to do a draft.
Old 08-25-2011   #290
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 13854 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

If any one of you all doesn't want to do a redraft or play anymore, I'll take over the spot. Wouldn't mind another league this year! I mean, who goes to work to work anymore?

Old 08-25-2011   #291
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I would imagine you would just need one backup for each position. There would be no need to have three backup WR's when one player could fill in for all of their bye weeks. And if you seriously need a backup D or kicker I would question your sanity.

I would go with:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
D/ST
BN
BN
BN
BN
BN
This looks good with maybe, just maybe, another BN slot-I've found that I run into problems with 3 WR and two having the same bye.

But I'll go with what ever!!
Old 08-25-2011   #292
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post

I would go with:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
D/ST
BN
BN
BN
BN
BN
I agree with this, but I would add 2 more bench spots....you got to have a backup D and the other one is just in case, like Texas T said.

So no to flex position?

Old 08-25-2011   #293
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with this, but I would add 2 more bench spots....you got to have a backup D and the other one is just in case, like Texas T said.

So no to flex position?
Yeah, sure. Add another bench spot or two. I'm just trying to stop us from doing another 20 round draft when the 20th guy hopefully won't see the field for us.

Oh, and you totally lost me with the backup D comment. Most people just drop them when their byes come up.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011   #294
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
If we go that light on position players (WR/RB) I would say two flex positions (WR/RB and WR/TE) just for some variety and the need to move players around with maybe a 6 player bench.

My 2 cents, for what it 's worth.
Yeah. I dont mind throwing another player in there. Just no more QBs! Start only 1, and not have a flex position allowing for another. I am actually very happy and content with my team - I just had no clue we would be starting so many.
Old 08-29-2011   #295
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we doing a redraft?

The 2 QB starters is a really nice way to make a league more interesting than the standard 12 team, regular starters thing.
Old 08-29-2011   #296
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

No, I vote against the 2 QBs starting. The standard format has worked and it would be nice to keep it that way.

I would like to do a redraft this week, but the only day good for me is tonight or Thursday evening. Anyone down for that?

Gary, since you're the commish, let us know what day/time you're good with.

Old 08-29-2011   #297
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

went from a deep roster and league with some planning needed on an owners part to a run of the mill yahoo league.

May as well autodraft it.
Old 08-30-2011   #298
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
went from a deep roster and league with some planning needed on an owners part to a run of the mill yahoo league.

May as well autodraft it.
I would disagree with this statement. All the players I have on the bench will probably never see the field so if we stay the way we are my players will stay as is, I see no point in even trying to rotate players.

I think the advantage with slightly smaller rosters is the fact that your bench matters and there does require some forethought on match-ups each week.

Just my .02.
Old 08-30-2011   #299
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I would disagree with this statement. All the players I have on the bench will probably never see the field so if we stay the way we are my players will stay as is, I see no point in even trying to rotate players.

I think the advantage with slightly smaller rosters is the fact that your bench matters and there does require some forethought on match-ups each week.

Just my .02.
I agree with your statement Texas T. We need to do a re-draft. There is no point in playing with no one to pick up on the FA list during the season.

Since we aren't getting much response, should we do it sometime next week?

Old 08-30-2011   #300
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree with your statement Texas T. We need to do a re-draft. There is no point in playing with no one to pick up on the FA list during the season.

Since we aren't getting much response, should we do it sometime next week?
I'm fine with when ever-I think the sticking point is when is Gary available??

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read