Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 08-24-2011   #261
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football League

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I completely dropped the ball! I kept reminding myself all day yesterday that I had another draft to do.....and I still forgot. Should've set my damn phone alarm. Damn!!
You had the #1 pick in the draft and ended up with Tim Hightower. Your 2nd round pick? Reggie Bush. Your QB's are Tebow & Grossman. I would definitely say it didn't go so well for you.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #262
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, if we got a majority vote, does anyone want to do a re-draft? And if so, can we change up the roster positions to make it simple?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #263
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
Damn, if we got a majority vote, does anyone want to do a re-draft? And if so, can we change up the roster positions to make it simple?
LOL! You know I'd be up for a re-draft.

I noticed there are 10 bench spots?
Old 08-24-2011   #264
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes. I would definitely vote for a re-draft. Change the roster settings, otherwise there will be no reason to pay attention to this league at all.

Quote:
LOL! You know I'd be up for a re-draft.

I noticed there are 10 bench spots?
Twenty-six roster spots in all. By the time it was finished we were drafting third string RB's and backup QB's.
Old 08-24-2011   #265
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I think Gary's in the Hospital. I'm not sure when he'll be available to run this by him. Hopefully everything goes well with him and we can get this sorted out soon
Old 08-24-2011   #266
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I completely dropped the ball! I kept reminding myself all day yesterday that I had another draft to do.....and I still forgot. Should've set my damn phone alarm. Damn!!
Find me on the site...I've got five QB's and the only one who may not be starting is Cam Newton, but I'm guessing he gets the job before too long.

I'm willing to trade...good WR or RBs wanted and can trade depth to you as well.

RoundRockKarl

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011   #267
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yes. I would definitely vote for a re-draft. Change the roster settings, otherwise there will be no reason to pay attention to this league at all.

Twenty-six roster spots in all. By the time it was finished we were drafting third string RB's and backup QB's.
I saved my crappy TE, K and DST picks until the end because Yahoo tends to fill all positions before going for bench players.

I'm against a redraft because I actually really like my team.

monkey
Old 08-24-2011   #268
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd be okay with a re-draft too.
I'd be okay with how it is. My team is not too bad-not an all start team but not bad.

So put me in for what ever the group decides.
Old 08-24-2011   #269
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
I saved my crappy TE, K and DST picks until the end because Yahoo tends to fill all positions before going for bench players.

I'm against a redraft because I actually really like my team.
I'm perfectly fine with the guys I drafted. It's more an aim at the roster settings than anything. Having 2nd stringers as the bench guys makes me feel like I'm not going to spend anytime with my week-to-week lineups.
Old 08-24-2011   #270
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Sent a trade proposal HOU-TEX.

One question...how the hell did you have Hightower ranked #1 on your board?

monkey
Old 08-24-2011   #271
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

So the tally so far for re-draft:

Re-draft

HOU-TEX
JCTexan
Texas T
Texans34Life

Against Re-draft

HuttoKarl

Just have to see what the rest of the league says....

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 08-24-2011   #272
Ckw

So is this one of those leagues where you start two QBs each week, like 8 RBs and WRs, and some crap like that? If so, I don't know how any of you can stand leagues like that. I did one for two years and can count on one hand the number of times I actually did anything to my roster. Sucked.
Old 08-24-2011   #273
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw View Post
So is this one of those leagues where you start two QBs each week, like 8 RBs and WRs, and some crap like that? If so, I don't know how any of you can stand leagues like that. I did one for two years and can count on one hand the number of times I actually did anything to my roster. Sucked.
Yes. It's the first time I've been in a league like this. There are 26 players on every team. I don't see making any changes to the roster at all.
Old 08-24-2011   #274
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Yes. It's the first time I've been in a league like this. There are 26 players on every team. I don't see making any changes to the roster at all.
Which screws everyone when it comes to each player's bye week....

Old 08-24-2011   #275
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 32050 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote for a re-draft if possible. I would not have played had I known the rules would be what they are.
Old 08-24-2011   #276
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

I would be open to another draft. However, I think we have to cut down on the starting positions.

I think something like this would be good:

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
K
D/ST
(maybe a flex player of RB or TE or WR)
Old 08-24-2011   #277
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34587 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Put me in the no redraft group
Old 08-24-2011   #278
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Update on the tally so far for re-draft:

Re-draft

HOU-TEX
JCTexan
Texas T
Texans34Life
dc_txtech
ccdude730

Against Re-draft

HuttoKarl
axman40

Since there were 12 teams in the league, if 1 more person says re-draft, then that's the majority vote.

Waiting on I think CretorFrigg, FearSuperMario, gary, and The Dude Abides.

It's looking to be a redraft.....

Old 08-24-2011   #279
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Waiting on I think CretorFrigg, FearSuperMario, gary, and The Dude Abides.

It's looking to be a redraft.....
That is me

Old 08-25-2011   #280
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730 View Post
I would be open to another draft. However, I think we have to cut down on the starting positions.

I think something like this would be good:

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
K
D/ST
(maybe a flex player of RB or TE or WR)
If we go that light on position players (WR/RB) I would say two flex positions (WR/RB and WR/TE) just for some variety and the need to move players around with maybe a 6 player bench.

My 2 cents, for what it 's worth.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read