Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2005   #41
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 928546in05
Astros fans really shouldn't talk smack about the Reds. Reds have 5 WS championships and Astros have 1 playoff series victory and that came last year.
What have you done for us lately...right?
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #42
928546in05
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller
What have you done for us lately...right?
They havent done much but are still just 1 playoff series win behind the Astros.
Old 09-27-2005   #43
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 928546in05
So is Champ Bailey(his the best IMHO) and he couldn't Cover CJ one on one last year.
Ya I know. Imo the WR always has an advantage of a CB in man on man coverage. Obviously the WR knows were he's going the CB doesnt. I was just saying that IMO Drob has just as good of a chance as anybody in man on man coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005   #44
outofhnd
All Pro

You know there isnt very many options for a QB if the defense can get in his face... Look no further than our offense for proof.

On the lighter side I think TJ Houshmanzahdeh is the first "Big Name" free agent that has ever signed with Cincinatti.

If we can get to Carson and throw off the offense's timing, Then we can slow their offense down. As far as our offense hopefully we come out with some new looks but chances are in 2 weeks with a new coordinator, that wont happen.. I do look for us to be more fundamentally sound and not play like the Bengals of the 90's.
Old 09-28-2005   #45
kybengalsfan05
waterboy

Im sure you will have a better game then what youve had in the past three games, but getting to Carson wont really slow down our offense... The bears pressured carson every play and their defense was unlike anything we've seen this year... were still puting up too many points for any team to beat us I think. Its crazy being a bengals fan because weve always known that if the bengals start off the season with a win or two, we know that its just luck and we will eventually end up with a bad record.... but this year has already turned out to be different. Every stat of each of the games is quite amazing. Plus, you cant compare this team with ones of the paast because its a whole new team. I really hope that you all give us a good game. Plus, you all have better fans than the bears or vikings fans had. what a bunch of trolls! Good Luck on Sunday guys but Im gonna say:

Bengals 31
Texans 14
kybengalsfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #46
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsnation
show me one cb in the last 2 years that shut chad down............k now thats over with your db's better double cover or your screwed ask chi-town
Easy, I know this one off the top of my head.
Nate Clemens of the Buffalo Bills shut down Chad Johnson last year.
Just so you know if Chad was unstoppable the Bengals would not be an 8-8 (or worse) team every year.

Did anyone else notice that when C. Johnson was making his list he didn't put our best DB on it? He put P-Buc not D-Rob. I wonder why? Did he only put the DB that lines up on the left side of the defense?
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #47
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memith
I hate to come into your forum and say this Houston fans, but I just don't think that your team's secondary is good enough to stop Chad. But, if you guys do (he has been shut down before by teams who normally can't... *cough* browns *cough*) it means that you're leaving the field open for one of our other very talented recievers. It's what makes the Bengals passing game so dangerous, every reciever can potentially get a TD on any play.
Best post on this thread.

If you roll a safety to help cover Johnson, you just left Buchanon/Faggins alone to cover Houshmanzahdeh (yeah, I copied and pasted the name from another post). If it's not Houshmanzahdeh, then it's Kelley Washington.

They'll be tough to defend. I don't expect much success from the Texans (or very many other teams) in this department.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #48
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 711 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Buchanon in single coverage is enough to bring tears to my eyes and nightmares to my sleep. Alteast Faggins is somewhat unknown this season.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #49
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget Chris Henry.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005   #50
Davis37
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17
Will be, to be, thats all hope and wants. If we dont get an oline there is NO qb who will be able to show his top notch ability. And everyone knows the Titans are gonna trade up to get Leinart.
I agree. The best part will be that we will most likely have the 1st pick overall and the Titans will have to give us half of their picks to get him.
Old 09-28-2005   #51
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis37
I agree. The best part will be that we will most likely have the 1st pick overall and the Titans will have to give us half of their picks to get him.
Instead of taking picks from the Titans we should just make them take the first pick and Pbuch for their first rounder. This will make our pass defense much better. finaly a way to get arid of Pburn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read