Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011   #701
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets/Texans preseason opener - GAMEDAY THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Walter produces year in and year out, Jacoby doesn't, so I agree with this. It could be time to start refreshing the recievers group.
If you watched the (near) TD that Jean scored in the 4th quarter, his body control was excellent. He made an adjustment on the ball that I don't think JJ would have been able to pull off, and Jean made it look natural, fluid and totally in control.

The guy has unteachable ball skills. He's a natural, and he will be a rock star on this team before everything is said and done.

Best WR prospect on the Texans since AJ was drafted.

Last edited by michaelm; 08-17-2011 at 10:11 PM.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #702
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
KW's job in jeopardy? I don't think so. Not yet.

Now... Jacoby Jones... HIS job is in jeopardy.
Agreed. I'm actually kinda surprised we re-signed him. Other than his return ability, I've never been impressed with him. IMO, he's not reliable in the passing game and I don't think he ever will be. I'd love to be wrong
Old 08-17-2011   #703
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
KW's job in jeopardy? I don't think so. Not yet.

Now... Jacoby Jones... HIS job is in jeopardy.
Naaaah... I think not.
Now Jean may have overtaken Dorin Dickerson for his spot on the roster.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #704
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Naaaah... I think not.
And this is why we need preseason!
Old 08-17-2011   #705
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Naaaah... I think not.
I think he's already overtaken Dickerson and he's got his sights on Jacoby.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011   #706
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Jean has a chance to be the second best wr on the roster at some point so with that, I do think kw should pay attention.

Jean is going to be a beast.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #707
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
If you watched the (near) TD that Jean scored in the 4th quarter, his body control was excellent. He made an adjustment on the ball that I don't think JJ would have been able to pull off, and Jean made it look natural, fluid and totally in control.

The guy has unteachable ball skills. He's a natural, and he will be a rock star on this team before everything is said and done.

Best WR prospect on the Texans since AJ was drafted.
Quote:
I think he's already overtaken Dickerson and he's got his sights on Jacoby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think Jean has a chance to be the second best wr on the roster at some point so with that, I do think kw should pay attention.

Jean is going to be a beast.
Slow your collective rolls, young padawans. Let's see him do it in more than one preseason game before we give Jean Jacoby's or KW's job. It could come to that but I need more data than two catches in 4th qtr of the first preseason game.

an aside: Greenie on this morning's Mike & Mike show has a Texans helmet in front of him. I guess it's because his beloved Jets got beat by us.

EDIT:
The Texans (and Vikings) helmets are there because that's who the Mikes are highlighting with their two-a-days. I like my reason better.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 08-18-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 08-18-2011   #708
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Slow your collective rolls, young padawans. Let's see him do it in more than one preseason game before we give Jean Jacoby's or KW's job. It could come to that but I need more data than two catches in 4th qtr of the first preseason game.

an aside: Greenie on this morning's Mike & Mike show has a Texans helmet in front of him. I guess it's because his beloved Jets got beat by us.
Both He and Golic picked the Texans to win the AFC SOUTH with a 10-6 record. I hope they are right
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011   #709
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
Both He and Golic picked the Texans to win the AFC SOUTH with a 10-6 record. I hope they are right
Greenie picking us may be the kiss of death

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read