Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2011   #21
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jets/Texans preseason opener - GAMEDAY THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Mjolnir!
Hammer of Thor style bitches!! As Metal as it gets!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #22
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preview of Monday night's game with Jets and Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Starting the gameday smack....

You can follow Rex Ryan on Twitter @ihaveprettytweet
No comment necessary...

Old 08-15-2011   #23
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

According to TC's blog the Jets will be playing their one's for the entire 1st quarter. If Kubiak sticks to his 10-12 snaps it might get ugly. IMO, I'd rather keep our starters heathy than taking a chance on injuries by keeping them in that long. Who cares if we win or not
Old 08-15-2011   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Who cares if we win or not
By the 3rd preseason game, they will be playing the starters for the whole first half if they follow their history. That makes the half time score of that particular game the only score in preseason that might tell you anything at all.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #25
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
According to TC's blog the Jets will be playing their one's for the entire 1st quarter. If Kubiak sticks to his 10-12 snaps it might get ugly. IMO, I'd rather keep our starters heathy than taking a chance on injuries by keeping them in that long. Who cares if we win or not
I agree 100%...I really do.

The only reason why in this 1 instance I would want the Texans to look across that sideline and send a message by keeping our starters in there as long as they do is I am so effing tired of coach Stay Puff and his tramp stamp or whatever the eff he got tatted on him and I still want payback for how he repeadetly calls the Texans bitches publicly (albeit deservedly so sometimes....)

So while I agree, I also what to see some backbone and a middle finger to the Jets even though I know it's stupid in pre season.

So please, I know it's stupid on my end....maybe just too long without football and I want to take the kids gloves off right away, but still, so tired of the Jits.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 08-15-2011   #26
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Should be interesting seeing Leinart getting some burn against the starting NYJ D.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #27
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

No Brunell. Out with a dislocated finger.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #28
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
If lovin' the first game of the preseason is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

The second game too. Games 3 & 4 - not so much.
Isn't 3 the one where the starters play the most though?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #29
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I agree 100%...I really do.

The only reason why in this 1 instance I would want the Texans to look across that sideline and send a message by keeping our starters in there as long as they do is I am so effing tired of coach Stay Puff and his tramp stamp or whatever the eff he got tatted on him and I still want payback for how he repeadetly calls the Texans bitches publicly (albeit deservedly so sometimes....)

So while I agree, I also what to see some backbone and a middle finger to the Jets even though I know it's stupid in pre season.

So please, I know it's stupid on my end....maybe just too long without football and I want to take the kids gloves off right away, but still, so tired of the Jits.

I feel the sentiment but just imagine...our 2s beat the crap out of their 1s!! Wouldn't that be awesome!! Plus no starter injuries!

Old 08-15-2011   #30
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Isn't 3 the one where the starters play the most though?
Yes sir, I believe you are correct.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #31
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I feel the sentiment but just imagine...our 2s beat the crap out of their 1s!! Wouldn't that be awesome!! Plus no starter injuries!

LMAO....repped you....that would be awesome. Too bad Coach Calorie could just sweep it under the rug as "pre season".

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 08-15-2011   #32
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
LMAO....repped you....that would be awesome. Too bad Coach Calorie could just sweep it under the rug as "pre season".
Well because it is just pre-season. W/L in preseason means jack squat.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #33
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care if we win or lose,
I just want to see the Texans beat the crap out of the Jets.
Old 08-15-2011   #34
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Yes sir, I believe you are correct.
He is correct. PS game 3 has starters for 2 quarters.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #35
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

A gameday thread?

Let's see if Rex calls a zillion blitzes, lol.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preview of Monday night's game with Jets and Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
No comment necessary...

Boy oh boy would I like to lick that guy's feet...

Signed,

SexyRexy_4way
Old 08-15-2011   #37
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone know for certain if Jonathan Joseph is going to play tonight? I have heard conflicting reports from a couple people I know but I can't find anything official.
Old 08-15-2011   #38
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, I just can't wait to finally see our guys in their uniforms hitting someone.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011   #39
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Well because it is just pre-season. W/L in preseason means jack squat.
I know, I know.....just sayin....stop raining on my parade damnit!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 08-15-2011   #40
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Finally. The Day has arrived.
Yep. Houston Football is back!

link to Texans vs. Jets game here
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read