Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-13-2011   #21
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Ben Tate's Situation remind you of Bennie Joppru ?

Of course we all want the man to be healthy and that be the end of it. And we for sure are all monitoring the situation.... But as you said, its too early to hit the panic button. But many people already have, including our local paper.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Think back to last year MojoMan. Tate hurt his hammy BEFORE he showed up to OTAs. He missed most of the OTAs and some of mini-camp. Now he can't practice AGAIN.

I'll wait because we must have used a 2nd round pick on the guy for some reason.

I don't remember if it's GP or TPN who keeps preaching "you can't have enough RBs because they don't stay healthy" Color me converted.
What's interesting about last year's hamstring injury, is that it occurred at home one week prior to the beginning of OTA's in mid May. He had essentially self-treated and tried to "train" through it anticipating the OTA's, thus predictably aggravating his problem. (See STUPID above). He was finally allowed to return to play mid June.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #23
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What's interesting about last year's hamstring injury, is that it occurred at home one week prior to the beginning of OTA's in mid May. He had essentially self-treated and tried to "train" through it anticipating the OTA's, thus predictably aggravating his problem. (See STUPID above). He was finally allowed to return to play mid June.
I wonder who he had helping him train...
...and if he's still listening to them?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #24
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Hope, we don't ended up letting him go like Jeremiah
Johnson is a preseason legend who has yet to make it to the regular season. Jeremiah has never accomplished anything to make the Texans (or their fans) get teary eyed with lament.

Concerned about Tate? I'm concerned about the RB position, period. A couple of weeks ago, I was convinced the Texans had the strongest RB corps in the league. If the season started on Monday night, the RBs would consist of Derrick Ward, Chris Ogbonnaya, and Javarris Williams. Yikes!
Old 08-13-2011   #25
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Johnson is a preseason legend who has yet to make it to the regular season. Jeremiah has never accomplished anything to make the Texans (or their fans) get teary eyed with lament.

Concerned about Tate? I'm concerned about the RB position, period. A couple of weeks ago, I was convinced the Texans had the strongest RB corps in the league. If the season started on Monday night, the RBs would consist of Derrick Ward, Chris Ogbonnaya, and Javarris Williams. Yikes!
Considering that the hamstring injury to both Foster & Tate aren't severe, I would imagine they both would be out there if it was the regular season. I'm not concerned at all about the RB position.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait til Tuesday gets here so we have something to type about....
I do look forward to seeing Tate actually play a full game, preseason or regular season.
Old 08-13-2011   #27
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Kubiak always seems so impatient when discussing injuries. I wonder if it makes guys rush back only to reinjure
That's because a lot of times his job is to buck up the player's psyche. He's the one there to remind them to GET OFF THE BEACH.
Old 08-13-2011   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I don't remember if it's GP or TPN who keeps preaching "you can't have enough RBs because they don't stay healthy" Color me converted.
That would be me. For this offense to do what it needs to do, we have to have quality backs from top to bottom.

I'm not worried about Tate. I think he'll be fine. He's not Joppru.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #29
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Still feeding the monster? And I dont know... it was always about Foster for me the second we signed both. We clearly made the right choice and no need to look back on it one iota.
No. I am concern with all the injuries we got. I really like to see Tate in our regular season games and see how strong our running game would be by rotating Foster, Ward, Tate, and Slaton.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #30
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Exactly Lucky! Those three as our RBs, just scares me.

Go Texans!!!
Old 08-13-2011   #31
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Exactly Lucky! Those three as our RBs, just scares me.

Go Texans!!!
And you should be scared............... if it were the regular season or even the preseason game before it, but at this point ........... it would be a premature, well you know.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #32
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
And you should be scared............... if it were the regular season or even the preseason game before it, but at this point ........... it would be a premature, well you know.
Yeah I know. Hope, everything would be alright when regular season starts.
It is just, we got Wade to handle our D and some help we signed from FA and
I am really looking forward to this season and don't want anything to go wrong with us.

Go Texans!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read