Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-25-2010   #141
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

Was there Texans fans there when you were there the last time?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #142
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm skeptical that there is a mythical bar where Texans gather. This is my 3rd year going to games through the board and in 08 we went everywhere and never found another Texans fan. in 09 we stuck to Flip's which is fine if we want to go there.

Basically, anywhere we go we will be outnumbered 50 to 1. I've never been to the Tilted Kilt, but I just googled bars in the Grapevine area. Grapevine seems central as those that have been in the past have come from Frisco, Dallas, Denton, Mansfield and Arlington.

Anyone want to suggest a different place? I say we pick a place and hope others show up. This happens once every 4 years where are we gonna be.

grinch1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #143
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry guys, I'm in Austin this weekend so I won't make it.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #144
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey grinch, I'm still down for meeting there if you're up for it.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 09-26-2010   #145
grinch1134
Veteran

Rep Power: 1114 grinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respectedgrinch1134 is a quality contributor and well respected

sounds good see you at the tilted kilt. I'm going to be there a little early to get a decent table
Old 09-26-2010   #146
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Cool, save me a spot.

Old 09-26-2010   #147
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a pile of work and busy week of persinal errands so I going to stay around home.
Old 09-26-2010   #148
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Hopefully there are Texans fans there or we're going to stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 08-07-2011   #149
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

You guys down for meeting up this year?

Old 08-08-2011   #150
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

Do we have a single location this year?

I live in Mansfield, so I am a Southie and if the games are televised (I have Uverse not DirectTV) I will most likely watch them from the comfort of my home. Once we have a regular group I wouldn't mind having folks at my house (when games are televised), if you don't mind slumming it in Mansfield.
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #151
grinch1134
Veteran

I'm all for meeting up, just let me know what is decided. I'm in east Fort Worth.
Old 08-08-2011   #152
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

See, I'm the opposite. I'm in North north Dallas. I can jump on 121 and come down to the Coppell location that we had met at before in, but just need heads up before trekking it down there.

If there are any that are up in my area, maybe we can get together at one of these watering hole establishments.

Old 08-08-2011   #153
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am in south Arlington almost able to spit to Mansfield. In the past we resolved travel a couple of ways. We had the one year with the traveling sports bar circus. this was fun but takes a good deal of communication.

In two separate years we had locations. One was at the Kerrs Wing House in north dallas/almost Irving (now closed), while nice and comfortable had a limited menu. the older was Flip's in Grapevine, which was kinda the opposite where we had a better quality of food, but really was not organized in a way for the best comfort for everyone.

My guess is that there is a Texanscentric bar somewhere in DFW, just never gotten a feel where that is. I know there are plenty of Houston/SE Texans who are up here. the key to making our spot besides getting a reasonable drive for the known group is to get a solid base of people probably at least 10 for the bar to pay attention to our money even when a couple of us can't make it on any given Sunday.
Old 08-10-2011   #154
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

I know I did BW3's in Valley Ranch and saw a few other Texans there. It was comfortable and you know what you are getting.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #155
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
See, I'm the opposite. I'm in North north Dallas. I can jump on 121 and come down to the Coppell location that we had met at before in, but just need heads up before trekking it down there.

If there are any that are up in my area, maybe we can get together at one of these watering hole establishments.
I'm in Flower Mound but I rarely go to these things. Had a great time at the ONE I went to with ArlingtonTexan, Hoth Boy, Ozzo, and others when we beat the Panthers a few years ago.

I prefer to hole up with my wife in the TV room to watch the games. That way, no one but her sees me cry.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #156
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm in Flower Mound but I rarely go to these things. Had a great time at the ONE I went to with ArlingtonTexan, Hoth Boy, Ozzo, and others when we beat the Panthers a few years ago.

I prefer to hole up with my wife in the TV room to watch the games. That way, no one but her sees me cry.
I would love to watch football with my wife, but she prefers the "other" football.....which sucks ass.

That's why I wanted to get with you guys so I got other compadres next to me rooting on our team.

Old 08-10-2011   #157
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
I would love to watch football with my wife, but she prefers the "other" football.....which sucks ass.

That's why I wanted to get with you guys so I got other compadres next to me rooting on our team.
My wife is a real football fan. We've been watching games on Sundays since we got together 25 years ago. It was her idea that we get Sunday Ticket so we could watch all the games at home instead of going to a sportsbar.
Old 08-12-2011   #158
NTTexan
noob

Live in Richardson. Looking for places in Dallas area to watch Texans!

ANyone?
NTTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #159
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 9340 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

Although I live in Houston, my grandparents just moved to Coppell, and now all family events will be taking place there instead of Houston. I know I will be there for Week 1. I was just seeing if any meetup has been confirmed?
House of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #160
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Pain View Post
Although I live in Houston, my grandparents just moved to Coppell, and now all family events will be taking place there instead of Houston. I know I will be there for Week 1. I was just seeing if any meetup has been confirmed?
I don't think anything's been planned, yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read