Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-12-2011   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fan Mentality After Week 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Hell, I'll even serve it to you !!
Just make sure you have enough koolaide to wash it down!
Old 08-12-2011   #42
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

We must be 2-2 or all hell will break loose.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah playing the steelers at home is much different then playing them at heniz i think we can go toe 2 toe with them

the game that scares me the most like yall said is the saints game but hey u never know last time we played the saints in RS we acctually beat them so u never know wade phillips knows how to play the saints to last time phillips played the saints he beat them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #44
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No, I felt guilty because when the team starts losing, I stop looking at the MB. I don't like the negativity and don't want to hear it; EVEN if I agree with it, I don't want to hear it. So I shut all this stuff off and just watch the games with my wife.

So I leave the other sunshine guys, like TKyss, here all alone without me giving them any support. That's what I feel guilty about.
Same here.
...well, except for the wife part. I'm single.
And I can understand the frustration that makes folks want to b!tch and vent. I really do. I even share that frustration. Especially when they're last second loses like the Jax game or the Jets game.
But I don't have to hear it.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #45
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Same here.
And I can understand the frustration that makes folks want to b!tch and vent. I really do. I even share that frustration. Especially when they're last second loses like the Jax game or the Jets game.
Yeah, it's like the negativity sets up a feedback loop that just gets worse and worse and louder and louder with each iteration. If I take part in that or try to put some brakes on it when it's spiralling out of control, I just come away from the board with a negativity that infects the whole rest of my life.

I can't have that.

After a loss, I don't feel the need to dwell on it. I feel the need to shake it off and get positive for the next game.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #46
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116586 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I am absolutely sure that nobody on this board will wait until the first four regular season games are played to panic.

I think Tuesday will be the first day of panic.
Sad but tru.

repped
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #47
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Since when is serving things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Same here.
I get frustrated as well. Right after the game, I'm steaming mad. If it's a home game, I've got about a 2 hour ride home to cool off, relax, & think about it.

Those last second losses are especially hard, but..... I've got a different perspective than most.

"Our offense didn't play 60 minutes"/"Our defense didn't play 60 minutes"

Well, neither did the Jets, or the Jags, or the Ravens. I think that means something, that we went toe-to-toe, down to the wire with teams like the Jets & Ravens.

We need to start winning those games. & I expect them to.

Now, I wouldn't have had one problem had McNair fired Kubiak at the end of the 2010 season. But now, I'm kind of glad he didn't.

This is only his second losing season.

The Saints went 7-9 in 2007, 8-8 in 2008, but there was no doubt in Benson's mind that they were on the right track & now he has a SuperBowl trophy.

& yes, I am saying the Texans success under Kubiak is relatively equal to the success Payton has had in Nawlins (minus the SuperBowl). I think we were that bad. I honestly don't believe any coach would have done significantly better (with this team) over the last 5 seasons.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read