Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 08-10-2011   #1
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Smack from Indy fans

I posted this on NFL.com Texans/Indy Game Center Fan Discussion (my handle was jimmmy4) and got some interesting responses:

The colts are going to stink this year. You guys never re-loaded. i know we
have stunk since the beginning but Peyton the great sure seems to choke in the great big games, exept for one time.

Got the following reply from coltsquick3000:

@jimmy4 I have a little saying for you. I made it up. Some people say; "better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all." I say; "better to have choked and lost than to never have had the chance to choke at all." In the Texans case you haven't even sniffed the BRILLIANCE and CLASS of the MIGHTY COLTS!

Got this "shoutout" (like a pm) from a dolts fan:

it must suck to be a texan fan. you should kill yourself now. you have a better chance of actually winning something if you were dead.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Smack from Indy fans

Sounds like the jimmy4 guy won....because he's right.
Old 08-10-2011   #3
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh... Those are just some idiots most colts fans i know are pretty cool unlike the douchbags up in dallas
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
it must suck to be a texan fan. you should kill yourself now. you have a better chance of actually winning something if you were dead.
Actually, that's pretty damn funny. I'm going to have to remember to use that on some other teams fans this season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

jimmy4 = right
indycolts1443 = 4th grader?
Old 08-10-2011   #6
XI CMURDER IX
Gig 'em

Rep Power: 1517 XI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respectedXI CMURDER IX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
I posted this on NFL.com Texans/Indy Game Center Fan Discussion (my handle was jimmmy4) and got some interesting responses:

The colts are going to stink this year. You guys never re-loaded. i know we
have stunk since the beginning but Peyton the great sure seems to choke in the great big games, exept for one time.

Got the following reply from coltsquick3000:

@jimmy4 I have a little saying for you. I made it up. Some people say; "better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all." I say; "better to have choked and lost than to never have had the chance to choke at all." In the Texans case you haven't even sniffed the BRILLIANCE and CLASS of the MIGHTY COLTS!

Got this "shoutout" (like a pm) from a dolts fan:

They are all just a gaggle of retards who think they have the greatest team of all time. When in reality all they have is Peyton Manning.

On my least favorite list is Cowgirls fans, Colts fans, and then a close third Jets fans.
XI CMURDER IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

@jimmy4 was absolutely right.

1st off, don't go in there guns blazing. RIP to all the people that have tried that on this board.

2nd, he's 100% correct that we have not gotten anywere close to sniffing anything the colts have done at all. We have taken the longest out of any expansion team to ever reach the playoffs (and still counting).
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-10-2011   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
@jimmy4 was absolutely right.

1st off, don't go in there guns blazing. RIP to all the people that have tried that on this board.

2nd, he's 100% correct that we have not gotten anywere close to sniffing anything the colts have done at all. We have taken the longest out of any expansion team to ever reach the playoffs (and still counting).

I thought the Saints held that title.
Old 08-10-2011   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, guys, Jimmy4 is the handle the poster used.

Jimmy4 was dead wrong.

The first response - coltsquick3000 - was dead on. We have to be careful talking smack.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Just go back there and say, "Hey, just wanted to say that after the 1st reg season game of 2009, when we had Foster run for like 400 yards on you, your QB was pretty pissed off. I mean, he was volcanic. He looked like he wanted to shoot someone at a car wash, or get liquored up with a former teammate up in Canada. In fact, he looked a lot like this over on the LOSER'S sideline at the end of the game:"

"Oh, and by the way...P.S. We've got a new d-coord who knows what he's doing, and we'll handle your asses this year for sure. Gonna' be a lot of crying from The Forehead. Will you guys be joining him?"
Old 08-10-2011   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys should take a trash talking class.

I'd be glad to assist with the lessons.
Old 08-10-2011   #12
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't go talkin' a bunch of smack until we win a playoff game. Hell, until we GET to the playoffs.
Old 08-10-2011   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Colts moved to Indianapolis in 1984. Let's use that as their franchise's starting point coming from the viewpoint of their fanbase. Although they were an established team, they were new to the city and its fanbase and that's what we're really getting at isn't it. Bragging rights?

Their record over their first 9 seasons was 55-88 compared to the Texans' 55-89 record. (There were only 15 games played in 1987 due to a strike)

The Colts had only 3 seasons with winning records during their first 9 seasons in Indianapolis, two at 9-7 and one at 9-6(playoff year), compared to the Texans having only 1 winning record at 9-7.

The Colts had 5 seasons with losing records while the Texans had 6.

The Colts had 1 playoff appearance compared to the Texans 0.

I'm not going to get into our first 9 seasons coming off of being an expansion team and AFTER the league changed the rules for expansion teams/drafts. The Colts in Indianapolis didn't start their current road to success until the Peyton Manning Era which was 15 seasons after they started.

No question the Texans have underperformed and have quite frankly not been successful. But fans in Indianapolis need to wait a while before talking too much trash as being such a "dominant" team.

*Addition(s):
The Indianapolis Colts' 1st season with double-digit wins didn't come until 1999, their 16th season in the city. Since that time they have had 1 season with single-digit wins (6-10 in '01) and have reached the playoffs 11 of the 12 years... winning 1 Super Bowl.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #14
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Mussop will be leading the class?

FWIW, Manning is possibly the best football player of my lifetime. Manning, Ray Lewis and a handful (by handful I mean maybe one or two other people in the league over the last 15-20 years) are the only people who are good enough at their position to actually control a game. His "chokes" were as much a product of playing conditions (Choking at NE is like "choking" at GB... in reality the conditions almost always heavily favor the home team) as they were him "choking". Even Jerry Rice, the greatest receiver of all time needed very good - great QB's to be effective. Manning, even last year, was more effective than 90% of the league with a bunch of garbage on his offense. I think he's enough that we should ALWAYS be worried.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I wouldn't go and talk smack to any team's fans. We haven't done anything to deserve that. Our team has to do something before going there.

Well.

Except Raiders fans. I talk smack to them all the time because they're obnoxious and I work with a couple of them.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Jimmy4 was wrong. The Texans have choked on every opportunity to win a big game that they've played in. It's just that our big games don't compare to the Colts big games. It's really just a matter of perspective. Remember when winning 2 in a row, three in a row, four in a row were big games for us? The cream of the NFL crop do that with boring monotony to us Texans fans.
Old 08-10-2011   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

I'm pretty sure I can hold my own!!
Old 08-10-2011   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Do some of y'all even watch the NFL?

Manning has never had garbage on his offense. A guy named Reggie Wayne ring a bell? How about Joseph Addai? Dallas Clark? Austin Collie? Not to mention a line led by Jeff Saturday?

As far as smack talking to the Colts....seriously? 2-16 do anything for you?
Old 08-10-2011   #19
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110436 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Mussop will be leading the class?

Mike
That's right and don't forget it!

Funny story about talking smack to a colts fan. You will love this mike! I was at the game and sitting two rows in front of me was a smart ass wearing a manning jersey talkin it up. I quietly listened and drank my beer for a little over 3 1/2 quarters when I realized we were up by 17 points with only 4 minutes to go. I thought, oh yeh it's go time. Time to put this D bag in his place for disrespecting our team in our house.

So I with a proud and slightly arrogant tone I say, hey Manning, how you like them Texans now beyatch. You won't be winning no more games here. We have your ( for mike) number now. Game over mofo! Hahahaha!

Two minutes later we were down by 4 points.
Old 08-10-2011   #20
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
That's right and don't forget it!

Funny story about talking smack to a colts fan. You will love this mike! I was at the game and sitting two rows in front of me was a smart ass wearing a manning jersey talkin it up. I quietly listened and drank my beer for a little over 3 1/2 quarters when I realized we were up by 17 points with only 4 minutes to go. I thought, oh yeh it's go time. Time to put this D bag in his place for disrespecting our team in our house.

So I with a proud and slightly arrogant tone I say, hey Manning, how you like them Texans now beyatch. You won't be winning no more games here. We have your ( for mike) number now. Game over mofo! Hahahaha!

Two minutes later we were down by 4 points.

And then there was that whole Rosencopter debacle. We just do not have the balls to be smack talking .... yet. I eagerly await the day when we can.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read