Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-07-2011   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think i'm drunk on texans koolaid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I'm one of the sunshine guys. I love the moves the FO has made this year. I think they've had a great draft and they've made most of the moves I wanted them to make in FA.

But I gotta see it on the field.

I have to see this team start off with a better than 5-7 record before I go hog-wild.

With that said, I love the team and I have high hopes. But I've been a Houston Oiler/Texan fan for as far back as I can remember and I've been disappointed once or twice before.
Talent is one thing. "Expect-to-win" attitude is something else. They gotta come out every game with guns blazing. No more of that sleep-walking through the first quarter or half. Schaub said himself...
Quote:
(on how much the team has talked about and gone over starting the game fast) ďAbsolutely. Thatís a focus of ours, both offensively and defensively. We got to start games better, not playing catch-up, obviously. Itís a 60-minute game; itís where you finish thatís most important. But we can help ourselves out a tremendous amount if we just start faster and put some points on the board early in the game, set the tempo, have the defense go three-and-out and weíll be in good shape.Ē
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #22
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited!

Our offense is first class already.

We needed a defense. I love Wade Phillips defenses. I like aggression. I like disguises. I like blitzing.

If our guys can get this concept, we can be scary!
Old 08-07-2011   #23
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes! I'm drinking the koolaid till the end! And one say, hopefully this year, it will be worth it! Heck! It's already worth it! I LOVE this team! Yay! This is the last week without football till February! I about can't stand it!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #24
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I'm drinking the Koolaid. It's delicious. This team is in my blood. We saw the misery of having our Oilers go out of state and having NO team for years. We finally get football back and it's like our kid is turning 10 yrs old. We never give up on our kid(s). We love them even though they frustrate us or whether they fail; we teach them and celebrate their success. That is why we keep watching and no, we never get tired of our team win or lose.

MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read