Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-04-2011   #21
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dorin Dickerson Making Presence Felt at Texans Camp

It still boggles my mind to think about how ridiculous this offense could be with a more consistent #2 receiver.

And if JJ had hands.
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #22
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Dickerson's one-handed grab

I love watching this clip of his one-handed grab during preseason last year. What gets me is his ball awareness and ability to separate from the DB at the very end. He's running pretty fast to begin with, knows the ball is just out of reach and can speed up just enough. I want him to succeed and get some real looks this year.
boy has got some speed and hands, and is a big guy like AJ. I want to see him get more reg season snaps.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
boy has got some speed and hands, and is a big guy like AJ. I want to see him get more reg season snaps.
Honestly I'd like to see Kevin Walter subbed in and out more. I'd like to see different looks in the receiving corps.

Not that I don't like kev, I just think that some of the other guys bring a little more as far as stretching the defense. Kevin is a weapon but he's a different kind of weapon.

There are a lot of ingredients for kubiak to work with. I'd like to see him actually mix things up a bit and make the offense extremely dangerous throughout the game. He has pretty much every type of weapon an offense needs.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #24
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Honestly I'd like to see Kevin Walter subbed in and out more. I'd like to see different looks in the receiving corps.

Not that I don't like kev, I just think that some of the other guys bring a little more as far as stretching the defense. Kevin is a weapon but he's a different kind of weapon.

There are a lot of ingredients for kubiak to work with. I'd like to see him actually mix things up a bit and make the offense extremely dangerous throughout the game. He has pretty much every type of weapon an offense needs.
What made me mad last season was everytime D.D was in the game it was a running play, even when the season was lost, the last 2 games of the season when A.J was out would of been a perfect time to get D.D some looks and see what he can do, but did they NO. They put in DA instead.
Old 08-04-2011   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
What made me mad last season was everytime D.D was in the game it was a running play, even when the season was lost, the last 2 games of the season when A.J was out would of been a perfect time to get D.D some looks and see what he can do, but did they NO. They put in DA instead.
With developmental players like that you want to put them in a position to succeed with little risk of failure. A players confidence is highly important .... break that and the experiment is over.
You have to remember that this kid switched positions multiple times in college from LB to TE and now in the NFL is a WR. He had a lot of learning to do. You cant expect him to pick that up overnight.

The fact that DA is gone tells me they have a lot of confidence in this kid , I expect him to have a lot more opportunities this season to build upon what he did last preseason. Working with Larry Fitzgerald in the offseason and AJ during the season cant hurt his chances any. Without a doubt the two best recievers in the game today.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #26
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
With developmental players like that you want to put them in a position to succeed with little risk of failure. A players confidence is highly important .... break that and the experiment is over.
You have to remember that this kid switched positions multiple times in college from LB to TE and now in the NFL is a WR. He had a lot of learning to do. You cant expect him to pick that up overnight.

The fact that DA is gone tells me they have a lot of confidence in this kid , I expect him to have a lot more opportunities this season to build upon what he did last preseason. Working with Larry Fitzgerald in the offseason and AJ during the season cant hurt his chances any. Without a doubt the two best recievers in the game today.
agree, i never thought about the development part of it.
Old 08-04-2011   #27
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokalus View Post
It still boggles my mind to think about how ridiculous this offense could be with a more consistent #2 receiver.

And if JJ had hands.
I thing Daniels is a very consistent # 2 receiver.
Old 08-04-2011   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I thing Daniels is a very consistent # 2 receiver.
Remember the colts offense with Harrison, Wayne and Clark?

And they had James killing it at rb.

Number two, number three. . . Doesn't matter. I think if the texans had a third option closer to the level of Daniels this offense would be a lot more dynamic. I think that's what people mean. I don't think they are discounting od as the threat that he is. Just saying adding a higher caliber receiving threat makes us better.

Honestly, I think that with our wr corps as a whole we have the guys to get it done. It's just about utilizing them and them realizing their potential.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Personally, I don't trust any report saying this guy or that guy is doing well at camp. I wait to see who's playing in the preseason games and how well the do there.

I have high hopes for DD. We stole him in the 7th round. And because of that, I think he'd qualify as one of Kubiak's "boys." Although, I really don't think Kubiak is that tied to players. He will give them a shot and he will give them a chance to play themselves in or out of the rotation. If he was that tied to his "boys", David Anderson would still be on the squad.
If DA wasn't a salary cap burden, and if Bob didn't bring in three high-quality free agents (Manning, Joseph, Vickers), AND give Leinart some pretty good jack to be #2 (Which he IS a pretty big #2, btw, if you get my drift), I think DA would still be here.

Kubiak's human. Everybody has their favorites.
Old 08-04-2011   #30
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

assuming this is his facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/dorin19?sk=wall
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If DA wasn't a salary cap burden, and if Bob didn't bring in three high-quality free agents (Manning, Joseph, Vickers), AND give Leinart some pretty good jack to be #2 (Which he IS a pretty big #2, btw, if you get my drift), I think DA would still be here.

Kubiak's human. Everybody has their favorites.
Maybe they thought DA had hit his ceiling and it was at coffee table levels not NFL levels. DA, by all reports, showed all kinds of ability in practice but didn't really show all that much when it counted. I remember him dropping some catches that should've been caught in game situations. If you're a marginal player, that can't happen.
Old 08-05-2011   #32
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Ugh... I don't want to seem like a hoity grammar gestapo, but that was almost unreadable. But I'm glad to see that Dickerson's work is paying off. I had high hopes after the last pre-season.
Concur on both points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #33
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

heres that article about D.D practicing with L.F

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7684424.html
Old 08-05-2011   #34
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokalus View Post

And if JJ had hands.
I think if JJ was more consistent, there'd be our #2. That's the only think keeping him back and us still wanting a #2 WR threat... his inconsistency.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011   #35
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

For the love of God somebody get him a REAL wide out number. I cant stand WR's using teens.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read