Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2011   #28
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Those count as sacks don't they?
Ya know, now that you mention it that does sound vaguely familiar. Maybe it's never sunk in because I don't see the logic in it. Does it matter who recovered the ball? Regardless, let's get some damn turnovers!

EDIT: They do dognamit!

After looking online with no luck I went to nfl.com to find the rulebook. After that was completely unhelpful I do things the old fashioned way and the way I love to do things. Watched Ware highlights until I saw him strip McNabb, the screen showed the score of the game, the quarter and the time. My investigative spidey sense noticed the highlight real was posted in February 2010 so I went straight to the 2009 season results for the Cowboys on nfl.com. Saw a 34-14 post season victory for Dallas during the postseason of that year, the exact score that the clip showed at 4:10 left in the 4th quarter. Must be the same game, right? It was. The play-by-play for that particular play reads
Quote:
3-7-PHI 13 (4:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-D.McNabb sacked at PHI 12 for -1 yards (94-D.Ware). FUMBLES (94-D.Ware), RECOVERED by DAL-54-B.Carpenter at PHI 26. 54-B.Carpenter to PHI 26 for no gain (81-J.Avant).
So Ware stripped him 1 yard behind the line of scrimmage and gets credit for a forced fumble and a sack. Way to go thunder. Okay enough playing around on the internet for me. lol
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read