Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011   #121
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I do, but there's a lot riding on the season.

I'd have made a run a Pulshoweveryouspellhisnamesky.

I wouldn't put Demeco on the PUP until I had to, but I would have a better plan B in place before going into camp.
Poslunsky would have wanted to be a starter.

If we sign him are you moving Cush outside?

Honestly, I am fine with sharpton being the primary back up. Time for Cushing to grow the hell up. He needs to be able to play with or without demeco in the game.

I just don't see how you can invest a whole lot more into the lb's corps than what we already have.

3 second round picks, 2 first rounders, and wasn't sharpton a fourth? Adibi hasn't done anything really, but he was a fourth rounder too right?

We brought in a promising udfa. Maybe they can pick up a vet on the cheap once things get rolling, but if they don't the guys we have should be able to get it done.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011   #122
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 44
Posts: 9,511
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Poslunsky would have wanted to be a starter.

If we sign him are you moving Cush outside?

Honestly, I am fine with sharpton being the primary back up. Time for Cushing to grow the hell up. He needs to be able to play with or without demeco in the game.

I just don't see how you can invest a whole lot more into the lb's corps than what we already have.

3 second round picks, 2 first rounders, and wasn't sharpton a fourth? Adibi hasn't done anything really, but he was a fourth rounder too right?

We brought in a promising udfa. Maybe they can pick up a vet on the cheap once things get rolling, but if they don't the guys we have should be able to get it done.
Why would you assume we move Cushing when Ryans is coming off of a potentially career ending/limiting injury? Cushing is just coming off the juice.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #123
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,335
Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Why would you assume we move Cushing when Ryans is coming off of a potentially career ending/limiting injury? Cushing is just coming off the juice.
Because if Demeco is 100% or at least productive enough to start, he stays on the field.

& you're not moving him outside. Cushing would do better outside than Demeco.

& Rey, yes, I would move Cushing to SAM, Connor to WLB, put Mario back on the line.

If Demeco is hurting us more than helping, He goes to the PUP & we'll try again next year.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #124
Trail.Blazr
All Pro
 
Trail.Blazr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 668
Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

What are we fielding this year that says the comatose rush from years past will up and sing a different tune? As I see random posts of how our pass rush will be good, I still fail to see it

Does anyone remember the last time the texans staple was the 3-4? Did they get a decent pass rush then? How about run support?

Did we not have issues with not having any good play from the nose? I don't see any comfort in who we can debate on that spot today.

Did we not have depth issues at LB? I am very fearful of Meco and Cush... VERY for obvious reasons.

Secondary - compared to last year, with the additions of the past week, shows promise of being competent at least. I think we're all looking forward to witnessing the results, but until I've seen it.... At the very least it seems reasonable to assume it can't be worse than last season.

I think we still have problems. The center of this Defense is very suspect from the line on back. And with a shortened offseason, transitioning to the 3-4, we could very well come out of the gates poorly against the likes of some very credible offenses.

Help me feel better. What am I missing/failing to see?
__________________
Go Texans!
Trail.Blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #125
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
What are we fielding this year that says the comatose rush from years past will up and sing a different tune? As I see random posts of how our pass rush will be good, I still fail to see it

Does anyone remember the last time the texans staple was the 3-4? Did they get a decent pass rush then? How about run support?

Did we not have issues with not having any good play from the nose? I don't see any comfort in who we can debate on that spot today.

Did we not have depth issues at LB? I am very fearful of Meco and Cush... VERY for obvious reasons.

Secondary - compared to last year, with the additions of the past week, shows promise of being competent at least. I think we're all looking forward to witnessing the results, but until I've seen it.... At the very least it seems reasonable to assume it can't be worse than last season.

I think we still have problems. The center of this Defense is very suspect from the line on back. And with a shortened offseason, transitioning to the 3-4, we could very well come out of the gates poorly against the likes of some very credible offenses.

Help me feel better. What am I missing/failing to see?
Mario being matched up against te's and backs. Jj watt. Cushing is a good blitzer. Connor barwin basically missed all of last year and by us using the 34 will be on the field a lot more than he would have. Watts, reed. Antonio is active. No more amobi. Ear Mitchell has high hopes.

But the biggest addition is wade.

I don't think we have been severely lacking in talent over the past few years. Defense had more invested into it, yet the offense was more successful. We haven't had a competent defensive coach since capers.

With the staff we have now hopefully we look like an NFL caliber defense.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #126
b0ng
Ooops
 
b0ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 33
Posts: 7,717
Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post


So all u want is to make the playoffs? If u give wade avg talent, u will get avg results. In the last 4 yrs, his defense in dallas have given up 22,20,15,and 27ppg. So say he get the txans to 20ppg and the offense is at 24 like last yr, is that a threat to do anything seriously?
It depends on more than PPG leebigeztx.

If Wade's defense can generate enough turnovers to overcome what we give up on offense by more than +5 we are going to be lightyears ahead on defense from where we were last year, 2009 and so forth.

If our offense is getting more short fields from turnovers I can garuntee our PPG average will go up from last year.
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
http://www.thedrawplay.com/?p=88
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #127
Trail.Blazr
All Pro
 
Trail.Blazr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 668
Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Mario being matched up against te's and backs. Jj watt. Cushing is a good blitzer. Connor barwin basically missed all of last year and by us using the 34 will be on the field a lot more than he would have. Watts, reed. Antonio is active. No more amobi. Ear Mitchell has high hopes.

But the biggest addition is wade.

I don't think we have been severely lacking in talent over the past few years. Defense had more invested into it, yet the offense was more successful. We haven't had a competent defensive coach since capers.

With the staff we have now hopefully we look like an NFL caliber defense.
Mario - We'll see. I'll borrow your hopefully. Definately and experiment, but I have more faith in him than most anyone else.
Cushing - 2010 he was a shell of his 2009. Deservedly, he gets little confidence here, till proven otherwise.
Watt - Rookie. I can't judge, only hope.
Mitchell - you said it.. high hopes. This is a CRUCIAL position(as if others' arent)
Barwin - I'll concede that injury aside, his progress is on track
Meco - who knows... hopeful but I am not feelin it.

Wade - If there is any hope to hyping anyone else, it's due to Wade. I'll concede his presence alone should make a difference, but at the same time, following a line down the center of the D, I'm having flashbacks to the capers 3-4 problems.
__________________
Go Texans!
Trail.Blazr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #128
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 44
Posts: 9,511
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Because if Demeco is 100% or at least productive enough to start, he stays on the field.

& you're not moving him outside. Cushing would do better outside than Demeco.

& Rey, yes, I would move Cushing to SAM, Connor to WLB, put Mario back on the line.

If Demeco is hurting us more than helping, He goes to the PUP & we'll try again next year.
Most indicators would be against this. I would prefer to see him PUPed to start the season and give him a full year to rehab and heal. Just MHO.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #129
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Most indicators would be against this. I would prefer to see him PUPed to start the season and give him a full year to rehab and heal. Just MHO.
I don't understand putting him on pup without having seen him do anything.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #130
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 44
Posts: 9,511
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't understand putting him on pup without having seen him do anything.
The more time you give him to rehab lessens the chances for reinjury. According to CnD and what I've read on the 'net, achilles injuries can be a bear and it's likely that Ryan will be doing good to come back at~80% of his pre-injury self. It's just my opinion that PUPing him would give a full year to recover. If it looks like he's fully healed after 6 weeks, you can activate him. If he isn't, leave him on the PUP. I would prefer to see a cautious approach. Losing Ryans for 10 games last year and 16 games this year is preferrable to losing him for ever.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #131
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,335
Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
The more time you give him to rehab lessens the chances for reinjury. According to CnD and what I've read on the 'net, achilles injuries can be a bear and it's likely that Ryan will be doing good to come back at~80% of his pre-injury self. It's just my opinion that PUPing him would give a full year to recover. If it looks like he's fully healed after 6 weeks, you can activate him. If he isn't, leave him on the PUP. I would prefer to see a cautious approach. Losing Ryans for 10 games last year and 16 games this year is preferrable to losing him for ever.
I think what Rey & I are saying is that camp just started today. The Texans haven't seen him on the field since Last October. Let's see what he looks like in camp. We should be able to determine before the season starts the best way to proceed.

My contention is that any decent replacement is already off the table, we should have signed someone or tried to prior to today.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #132
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think what Rey & I are saying is that camp just started today. The Texans haven't seen him on the field since Last October. Let's see what he looks like in camp. We should be able to determine before the season starts the best way to proceed.

My contention is that any decent replacement is already off the table, we should have signed someone or tried to prior to today.
This.

I think it's better to see where he's at so we know how to proceed.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #133
SteveSlaton20
All Pro
 
SteveSlaton20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 808
Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Exactly, if Wade can get us a top 15 defense, and the O continues as it has, that will equal playoffs for sure.
the chargers were #1 in Offense AND Defense, and they failed to make the playoffs in a shitty division. And like someone already said, #15 defense is average and won't make us a threat in playoffs. Not to mention we have a NT who is undersized and small, and every top 10 defense had a 325+ pounds NT that are in a 3-4.
__________________
SteveSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #134
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 44
Posts: 9,511
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
the chargers were #1 in Offense AND Defense, and they failed to make the playoffs in a shitty division. And like someone already said, #15 defense is average and won't make us a threat in playoffs. Not to mention we have a NT who is undersized and small, and every top 10 defense had a 325+ pounds NT that are in a 3-4.
Look dude, don't come poppin in here trying to confuse me with the facts. My mind is made up.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #135
fiasco west
Hall of Fame
 
fiasco west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,007
Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
the chargers were #1 in Offense AND Defense, and they failed to make the playoffs in a shitty division. And like someone already said, #15 defense is average and won't make us a threat in playoffs. Not to mention we have a NT who is undersized and small, and every top 10 defense had a 325+ pounds NT that are in a 3-4.
Don't forget that their special teams were horrible and literally lost them some games.

The Chargers were mainly what you'd call a 'Anomaly'
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011   #136
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame
 
leebigeztx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: League City formerly of LaMarque
Age: 43
Posts: 1,616
Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It depends on more than PPG leebigeztx.

If Wade's defense can generate enough turnovers to overcome what we give up on offense by more than +5 we are going to be lightyears ahead on defense from where we were last year, 2009 and so forth.

If our offense is getting more short fields from turnovers I can garuntee our PPG average will go up from last year.
The yr when dallas was #2 in defense and had 50 sacks, they were at the bottom in terms of fumbles and int's. In the 4 yrs wade was the headcoach, they were never even in the middle in terms of to's even with ware sacking the qb. Again, in 4yr, he had 1 top 10 defense and all the other yrs it was 20ppg per yr. In sd he had 1 yr top 10 and the others years were middle of the pack and we know what kind of talent he had. In buffalo,same story and that was with smith,pat williams, and guys like that. Just like the previous poster stated that everyonewants to run from are simple facts.

Mario getting exposed with a triple layer and will have to walk out and defend a te.
The uber small nt and de(smith) on the d-line
Ryans and barwin coming off major lower leg injuries.
Cushing trying to prove it wasn't the juice and playing a new position.

Why all of a sudden these thing will be different because of a scheme and a coach when u don't have the talent. Mike nolan is a really good dc and in denver he camo'ed it for a while, but then they started getting exposed. He left and with more players, they couldn't stop a nose bleed. There have been a lot of teams try different schemes, but as I say, think players, not schemes.
__________________
Be a student of the game, not a fan.
leebigeztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #137
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU
 
chicagotexan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Somewhere most interesting
Posts: 7,965
Rep Power: 132284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
My only concern is Quin at the FS position. I know he was decent as a corner opposite Dunta, but FS is a little different and it's knowing where to be instead of who to cover in some sense.

I think he's got the physical gift, it's just going to be interesting to see if he has the instincts.
Yeah me too but I'm even more worried about Kareem. I really hope that his confidence isn't shot to he'll after that nightmare season. Overall I can't believe I'm leetting myself get so optimistic. I'd be cool with one if the youngsters outplaying Mario so we can ship him. I'd be happier with him turning into a monster but I don't see it.
__________________
Whether Andre Johnson ever plays for the Texans again or not he'll always be up there with Moon, Ryan, Olajuwon & Campbell. Thanks Andre.
chicagotexan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #138
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,961
Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

I like the secondary upgrades.

Smith is going to have a hard time as a 5 tech. He's small. Hopefully Ty Warren is healthy and signs with the Texans. That guy used to be a stud. He passed a physical with the Broncos over the weekend. But wants to play in Houston. This is a golden oppurtunity for the Texans.

I'm worried about the LB's.

MW- Never played OLB before.
DR- Coming off achillies, doesn't have big NT to keep OL off him, Wasn't fast to begin with and this injury isn't going to help
Cush- I hope he had his baby and returns to 2009 form.
Barwin- Terrible injury, he doesn't even how he will respond to the physical rigors of the NFL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #139
SteveSlaton20
All Pro
 
SteveSlaton20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Posts: 808
Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Don't forget that their special teams were horrible and literally lost them some games.

The Chargers were mainly what you'd call a 'Anomaly'
yes i know that, but even a #1 ranked defense doesn't guarantee you a playoffs, let alone #15 ranked defense(if we're lucky).
__________________
SteveSlaton20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011   #140
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 17,985
Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Projected starters on defense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I like the secondary upgrades.

Smith is going to have a hard time as a 5 tech. He's small. Hopefully Ty Warren is healthy and signs with the Texans. That guy used to be a stud. He passed a physical with the Broncos over the weekend. But wants to play in Houston. This is a golden oppurtunity for the Texans.

I'm worried about the LB's.

MW- Never played OLB before.
DR- Coming off achillies, doesn't have big NT to keep OL off him, Wasn't fast to begin with and this injury isn't going to help
Cush- I hope he had his baby and returns to 2009 form.
Barwin- Terrible injury, he doesn't even how he will respond to the physical rigors of the NFL.
Regardless of what Wade has said, I feel much more comfortable with

DL -- Watt, Cody/Lewis, Mario
LBs -- Reed, Demeco/Sharpton, Cushing, Barwin
DBs -- Joseph, Quin, Manning, KJ/Allen/Harris

I'd prefer to see Smith used only as part of the rotation and, honestly, I'd prefer Warren if he's healthy. In passing situations, we could either drop Watt down to NT and put Smith at DE or put Mitchell at NT.

I know that's not what's being planned but that's what makes more sense to me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger