Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2005   #21
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Buchanon's been on film for three years, someone should have figured out that he wasn't worth a 2 and a 3.
It's obvious everyone in the league has seen the film except maybe Casserly. The fact that opposing teams immediately started throwing his way shows they knew what kind of corner he is.

This reason and everyone other question that is being asked in this thread shows a glaring problem with Casserly.

Why give the guy only 2 weeks? I think the better question is why did they bring him here in the first place? I don't think anyone except maybe Carson Palmer wants him in there in week 3.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #22
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Coaching Staff Meeting April 20, 2005

Casserly: Gentlemen. We've had a trade offer that could be beneficial to the team. I'd like some input before I pull the trigger. The Raiders have offered us Phillip Buchanon for 2nd and 3rd round picks this draft. What does everyone think about Buchanon?

Capers: Well from checking my notebooks I see I had him as a 1st round grade player. Great speed. He's an excellent return man that...

Marciano: Return man? Let's get him! We really need a special return and he could be the difference maker we've been looking for.

Capers: My only concern is I recall hearing that he is trouble in the locker room and he hasn't been that special in coverage so I'm not sure about this deal.

Hoke: He was great in College and I think he could be great in the NFL. I was able to control him then and know I can do it now. Let's get him!

Fangio: Are you sure Jon? That is a lot to give up if you can't get him to reach his potential. We could draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd. We need to be sure.

Hoke: Phillip is a great kid that just needs guidance. Get him here and you'll see. He'll be great! Just imagine him and Robinson. We'd be the envy of the league!

Capers: If Jon can get him to play hard and he is able to help as a return man, he's like getting a 1st round pick for a 2nd and 3rd. I approve.

Casserly: OK guys. You have yourselves a new player.

You never know.
Old 09-21-2005   #23
raidergavy
Rookie

Default i'll tell you all what to expect next.

the blame game.

he was once quoted as saying something like, "my confidence was not there after tim brown said that". he was referring to when brown said, "phillip giveth, and phillip taketh away".

he is a blamer and a rationalizer. he has no level of self responsibility.

in short, he is a finger pointer.

he will be pointing that finger somewhere, i guarantee it.

you guy's should just fire him and use him as a motivational tool to anyone else that might need a kick in the ***, that is actually worth devoting some time and energy too.

a motivational tool is all he will ever be good for.

you gotta be a real screw up, for al davis to run you outta town.

think about THAT!

fire him. totally worthless wannabe.

he thinks he's deion. WRONG. just a cousin.
raidergavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #24
rashid242
Rookie

Default That is exactly the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel

The question isn't whether or not Buchanon is a bust. The question is how did the Raiders convince the Texans brain trust that he wasn't. We're all a bunch of fans so basically it's been my observation that we don't know squat about much of anything. Oh sure, we all think we know what we're seeing (I'm including myself here) but the truth is that very few of us had a clue that Buchanon was going to be so bad. On the other hand that's what the Texans front office gets paid to do for a living. Buchanon's been on film for three years, someone should have figured out that he wasn't worth a 2 and a 3.
When you hear Casserly in interviews about issues & personel he seems like a bright guy.

That is until he said the thing about Buchannon.

He had a very good first year but he was flat out terrible the next 2.

He would jump routes for picks & occasionally get one but get burned a lot.

He didn't want to tackle anybody.
rashid242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #25
Scottyboy
Veteran

WOW charley really said that about him, and still got him!!! what a joke!
This whole staff needs the boot!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #26
touttail
All Pro

Big78 is this a trick question?

PBurnt is the pits. He is scared to hit(tackle) anyone, while Daunte is a headhunter!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #27
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Of course the preceding mock dialogue is nice. It displays how the coaches and GM ignore how the chemistry of a player will affect a team.
Old 09-21-2005   #28
rdbrem
Rookie

What strikes me is that in the last 2 years, we have had a bunch of guys brought in to compete for the kick return positions, because we were only average there. But if we'd brought in the same number of guys to compete for o-line and corner backs, we'd have been able to upgrade both areas.

Instead, you can bench Buchanon, but who do you have return punts? Swinton? Moses? Oh, forgot, we got rid of them.

We can always put Mathis in there, but he's been inactive 2 games. What's the deal?

I know the play calling has stunk at times, but the personnel decisions have been horrendous. Especially in Buchanon's case, if a guy won't play because he's not happy somewhere, you've already got an ethics problem. He's willing to take the money, but not the responsibility.

You've got to seriously consider what he's communicating. Because you're not going to coach a guy like that, he's going to take what he wants, when he wants it.
Old 09-21-2005   #29
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbrem
We can always put Mathis in there, but he's been inactive 2 games. What's the deal?

Mathis claims to have a hamstring problem.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #30
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rittenhouserobz
This guy is getting paid thousands. This is a make or break year for him. I am more upset that we lost AG, a second round pick, and a high 3rd round pick for this guy.
OUCH. He is DEFINITELY a bust. No way he's worth that much. And it's not like you can see that he has the motivation to bounce back like Terrance Newman did. Let's just hope he gets the message.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #31
exclude
Veteran

He is the bust of al busts. Maybe its just he's way of showing how much he cares about Houston, which, according to his play, isn't much.
exclude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #32
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Has Buchannon spoke out about this demotion?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #33
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
Buchanan proved he was a bust in Oakland before the Texans ever acquired him. The Raiders fans were laughing when they got what they did for him. Some Raider fans just wanted him cut from the team and never imagined that someone would be stupid enough to trade anything for him.

I have questioned some of Casserly's moves in the past but kept quiet. This deal was the straw that broke the camel's back and is why I think Casserly should be fired.
I STRONGLY dissagree with you.
I am surrounded by Raiders fans, people who know football and have been life long fans of that team. Maybe a few fans come to this board to taunt Texans fans. Maybe many of them posted on their message that they are glad PB is gone.

There are a lot of Raiders fans that though PB was a good talent that was WASTED by the Raiders lack of structure and "outlaw" mentality. They think that it was a number one pick wasted by the Raiders who were unable to harness PB's talent because of qualities the coaching staff and owner lack.

Whether this trade was worth it or not, we won't know for a while. Our pass rush is so poor that all of our DBs are going to look pretty bad(Even Dunta). PB is also on the tough side, the side that is easier for right handed QBs to throw to. In Oakland he played opposite Charles Woodson, in Houston he plays opposite Dunta Robinson. Of course they are going to pick on PB. Do you think they are going to challenge Dunta or Woodson more than they have too? Also, How good was the Raiders pass rush last year? (About as good as ours, which sucked!!)

I don't think PB was benched for his performance. He was benched for his lack of effort, especially on that one play.

All I can say is that at the bare minimum PB better show us he is trying his hardest. I can forgive mistakes, but not trying is unacceptable.

Only time will tell.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #34
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

What's a bust is the coaching staff and its showing up in so so many ways. The receivers don't know how to get open, the QB can't have a pressure free game, the O-line can't block, the special teams suck right now because of personnel descions and the D can't put pressure on anyone. I bet you can name some more, but those are starters. I find it hard to judge the personnel we have based on what I believe is a totaly inept coaching staff.

Everyone has their eyes closed and wants to blame the players, but in reality its the coaches and what they are asked to do. The ineptness we are seeing is beyond belief. I would love to see them all fired now, but most particularly Capers, and let what happen happens. The defense knows their schemes are hopeless as does the offense. Even if they execute they know it will be fruitless. FOUR YEARS wasted is a bit much. How the owner can have this much patience is beyond me. I guess it hasn't had that much impact on the pocket book, yet. That's the only way something is going to happen. When the fans leave in the 1st quarter then may be heads will roll and we are not far from that happening.

I'm fortunate not to be living in your area and I hope all of you have suffered a minimum of damage. I hope all of you are in good health. God bless all of you and good night.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #35
yaboycm
Veteran

What do you mean?

Oh, you mean

Have you watched ANY of the games? That's like asking if Andre was the right choice. Poison is definitely a bust.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read