Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2005   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

TexanFaninCC said some really smart things, IMO.

such as :

"b) everyone believes the media when they say that david carr is gonna be the next john elway or such. well there is definitely something wrong with carr, and a tough minded coach can only help david carr. as i have been watching in the first 2 games, carr has been overlooking recievers 30 yards down the field wide open, and this is because he is resorting to scrambling himself out of bounds for sacks b4 the defense even gets closer to him."

-----------------

Carr has easily come across to me, especially after his lack of personal ownership in the Tampa Bay preseason game, as the golden child who has a coating of Teflon on his jersey (nothing sticks to him).

He was so quick to point out in his Tampa Bay postgame comments that "...WE have to do better, and it's nice to know that now we'll be playing REAL games..."

He copped out on what has easily his worst performance ever. And then he had the nerve to say that things would somehow be better since the next week provided a "real" game.

That itself was the biggest red flag for me leading up to the reg season.

I shook my head, made a smirk, and thought: "Yep. We are going to get absolutely throttled in Buffalo."

Carr was miffed about Palmer getting axed because he knew recess was over and the schoolteacher was coming out to the playground to get him. Sounds like Carr has accepted his fate and is now trying to be accountable moreso...especially when it looks like Palmer didn't push him as hard as Pendry did the o line.

Funny how things come full circle. The o line gets a fresh voice in their new o line coach, and the rest of the offense gets a fresh voice in Pendry.

This will probably push us to 8-8 and save Capers job. (Dang it)
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #22
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Carr was miffed? Per the end of this article sounds like he's more appreciative of getting someone to point out the mistakes and make him improve.

Quote:
....The message:

Carr might be the No. 1 man and the most talented quarterback on the roster by far. But he's going to have to prove it. Every day.

If Carr doesn't, Pendry won't play around. The days of being treated like a superstar and worse, being allowed to act like one are over.

"That's something that I've always wanted," Carr said. "I've wanted to be treated like everybody else. I think you get more respect from your teammates that way. You're one of the guys. That's what Andre (Johnson) wants to be. That's what I want to be. That's what everyone wants."

That's what everyone's got. Accountability no one more than the QB.
By the way Double Barrel... I think there's one more with columbia blue in our midst... G. Walker.

Last edited by OzzO; 09-24-2005 at 11:51 AM.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink never mess with football karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
By the way Double Barrel... I think there's one more with columbia blue in our midst... G. Walker.
Yikes! You're right!

Yep, that could explain a lot. (at least he wasn't part of the choke team, though)
Old 09-24-2005   #24
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ya know what i did notice on carr, i have seen him have six or seven seconds to throw SOMETIMES and he will pump fake about 5 times, its like he second guesses him self, and then he gets sacked and pitches a fit. Could be just me but i have seen him have time but he just has been holding onto the ball to long !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #25
touttail
All Pro

"I realized there were things I was doing that I didn't even know I was doing," Carr said. "There are things Joe has pointed out, just bad habits. It's little stuff, but it makes a big difference in the game."

Help me understand this. Chris Palmer was the Offensive coordinator. Pendry was the OLine coach. Shouldn't they have been working together to get the offense ready for "the big game"? Why has Pendry waited for Palmer to leave before speaking up? Aren't all the coaches trying to win? Why didn't Pendry say something to Palmer about Carr's "little mistakes" or "bad habits"?

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005   #26
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Help me understand this. Chris Palmer was the Offensive coordinator. Pendry was the OLine coach. Shouldn't they have been working together to get the offense ready for "the big game"? Why has Pendry waited for Palmer to leave before speaking up? Aren't all the coaches trying to win? Why didn't Pendry say something to Palmer about Carr's "little mistakes" or "bad habits"?
Everyone has an ego, for all we know Palmer could have told Pendry to mind his o-line and go pound sand. All I can really say is that I am looking forward to the Cincy game just to see if there is any change.

Last edited by Txn_in_Oki; 09-25-2005 at 01:17 AM.
Txn_in_Oki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read