Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2005   #21
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
Yes, he is making that kind of money.

Nick: I still cannot figure why Charlie Weiss took the ND job. He clearly was top candidate for NFL head coach job. And even with the Super Bowl wait would have received some offers. Was he really afraid he would not receive an offer again? Does he really think ND is so great given that other programs have better recruiting pools (So. Cal, Florida, Texas, etc.? ND is not the draw to today's kids it was when he was a kid. Does he think he needs to build a reputation in College first before NFL? What is your take on this curious move?

Steven Kepnes, Syracuse NY

A: Steven, I think you hit it: he didn't want to take the chance again. He even said it this week. Right now there are two jobs open, right? Cleveland is open and it looks like Baltimore pro personnel director Phil Savage is taking the job. He's going to pick the coach. Any guarantees he would have chosen Charlie when his experience is with the Ravens who have a strong candidate in Mike Nolan? I don't know. Maybe if Charlie were available, he'd be a top candidate though you also have Brad Childress in Philly making a strong bid. San Francisco is available. They'd be dopes if they didn't put out feelers for Pete Carroll, who would have to be their top choice. The other reason is it's Notre Dame. He loves Notre Dame. That's his school. That's his dream job. They gave him $2 million a year which is probably what he would make as a first-time NFL head coach, if that.

Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff | January 6, 2005

Last edited by tsip; 09-24-2005 at 03:59 PM. Reason: add
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005   #22
THEFUTURE
All Pro

i say brad childress... he has done a great job in philly, and deserves a chance at a head coaching position
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read