Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2005   #81
johnboy
Rookie

First off Babin & Buchanon were not the ones that gave up the draft picks for themselves. But every story starts off on that issue (people get over it).Buchanon played horrible in both of the games it should have showen up in film when he was at Oakland, that he was that bad.(Problem management) Babins play against buff was not that bad no pass rush but play the run o k, against Pitt it as horrible but If the management thinks this will help the offense score points lots of luck. Babin & Buchanon need to get there s... together maybe this will help, But Carr & the receivers all of them including Johnson is in the same boat. Carr needs to throw the ball not hold on to it Receivers need to get open and catch it. D D needs to learn how to block.Big money was spend on alot of people that are not performing.Maybe there should be changes in the offensive side of the ball not just firing the offensive coordinator.
All I know is people that have potential never won anyone a game.(you have to perform on the field)
Also the cemetary is full of people that couldn't be replaced.(All the players should rethink there play)
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #82
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

bring back pettway.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #83
SESupergenius

All we really need is.....
Old 09-21-2005   #84
BABINFAN
Rookie

in defense of Jason Babin, I played with him and am personal friends with he and his family in Paw Paw, Mi....but he played Defense END in college for 4 years. Your scouts knew that, and took the risk of trying to convert him to a new position he's never played before, especially dropping back in coverage..etc. Just because he sucks right now, I'm still sticking with him because God knows Jay will work harder than hell now to get that job back. It may be a motivating factor that he's never had before...they gave him the starting job practically at the damn press conference last year!!!! Let's see what happens from here out. I too, want to see improvement from him and the Texans. But to the scouts out there who took that risk, more blame should be on them than on Jay in my opinion.
BABINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #85
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABINFAN
in defense of Jason Babin, I played with him and am personal friends with he and his family in Paw Paw, Mi....but he played Defense END in college for 4 years. Your scouts knew that, and took the risk of trying to convert him to a new position he's never played before ....
The Texan coaches seem to have a knack for doing that way too often with players.
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #86
Doom Capers
Veteran

Quote:
in defense of Jason Babin, I played with him and am personal friends with he and his family in Paw Paw, Mi....but he played Defense END in college for 4 years. Your scouts knew that, and took the risk of trying to convert him to a new position he's never played before, especially dropping back in coverage..etc. Just because he sucks right now, I'm still sticking with him because God knows Jay will work harder than hell now to get that job back. It may be a motivating factor that he's never had before...they gave him the starting job practically at the damn press conference last year!!!! Let's see what happens from here out. I too, want to see improvement from him and the Texans. But to the scouts out there who took that risk, more blame should be on them than on Jay in my opinion.

He will improve. He just needs time.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #87
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
in defense of Jason Babin, I played with him and am personal friends with he and his family in Paw Paw, Mi....
You played with him? It says you're 43 years old. What, was it in a flag football game?

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #88
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, he's a leaner and a spinner. He'll just extend himself into some sort of leaning position up against an o lineman at the snap of the ball, and then he tries the spin move off of the lean. The result is Babin gets beat up regularly.

I see a light body going up against BIG o linemen, and he's just getting tossed around like a rag doll.

His undersized frame, against those big O linemen, is not any match.

He tries hard, don;t get me wrong. But it's a losing battle in terms of pass rushing.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #89
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i think babin relies too much on the inside pass rushing lane...if you watch him rush the passer too many times does he tries to go inside the tackle...he needs to develop and outside pass rush technique...after all he is the Outside linebacker and the Outside pass rusher...not sure what exactly he did so early in training camp to merrit the starting job as a rookie but he definetly can do better...i think the scouts screwed up big time along with fangio on thinking he was gonna be the next kevin greene...i think capers and casserly should have known that too...anyone can see he doesn't even have the same mentality as greene...he's not that crazy pyscho pass rusher who headbutts players without a helmet...he's the quiet guy on the field most of the time...needless to say this is one of casserly's numerous mistakes during his time here in houston
Old 09-22-2005   #90
blockhead83
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to blockhead83

As much as I dislike watching Babin struggle, I am interested to see Orr get some playing time. Anyone remember who sacked Michael Vick to put the last nail in the coffin when we played the Falcons? That's right, Shantee Orr, this guy has always had a knack at making the most of his opportunities, similar to another fan favorite, Antwan Peek. I want to see Babin work hard to become a starter once again, but I also want to see if Shantee Orr can provide us with a spark with increased play time.

As for Buchanon, he has looked absolutely embarrassing and pathetic. There's no two ways about it, he has sucked. The only impressive thing I've seen him do is make a nice tackle near the sidelines on McGahee in week 1. That's one play I can think of where he looked good. Teams are gunning for him every down and he's making them look smart for doing so. Faggins did well against Marvin Harrison when he got his first start, hopefully he can do better than Buchanon has. It really shouldn't be too difficult to outshine Buchanon's play, just break up atleast one pass and try to remember we're not playing two hand touch....

All in all it's been a miserable start to the season, and I was really psyched as usual before it began. Carr feels pressure even when he has none now, which is rare. There's been numerous plays where he just needs to step up in the pocket, but instead he takes off sideways right into the defenders. The O-line hasn't been playing superb football, but Carr isn't helping them out because he isn't making good use of the protection they DO provide. He has horrible pocket presence, there is absolutely no argument otherwise. If he can't move the ball in the coming weeks, he needs to ride the bench and give a different quarterback a chance. What's there to lose if he doesn't improve? We'll lose 27-0 instead of 27-7?
blockhead83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #91
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 212887 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Babin was probably a mistake but it's really too soon to tell. I'm not optimistic and think most comparisons to Kevin Greene are silly but here's two that I think matter.

First of all Kevin Greene didn't have double digit sacks until his fourth season and got none in his first year. Technically speaking Babin is(was?) off to a better start than Greene. What does this mean? Nothing.

Second, we can compare and contrast Babin to Greene all day long but the one thing that jumps out to me is that Kevin Greene cost the Rams a 5 when they drafted him. Jason Babin cost the Texans a 2, 3, and a 4. What does that mean? To me it means that Charlie Casserly got robbed bigtime unless Babin turns into a monster. A "good" OLB can be had much cheaper and obviously a great one can too. Just my opinion.
Old 09-22-2005   #92
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

exactly and i think that's why when the trade was made so many of us were like what the f#%@?...none of really understood it...i mean...why pull the trigger on someone like that when speed rushers come out in every draft

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read