Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #341
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'd be willing to spend $5 mil of Bob's money as well
I'd make a good congressman. I have no problem spending other people's money.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #342
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-headlines?r=1

Quote:
The Newark Star-Ledger confirms the Jets have "reached out" to free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.
This comes on the heels of an earlier report from ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Jets plan to "make a run at" Asomugha to pair him with Darrelle Revis. Multiple reports suggest Asomugha is willing to leave money on the table to sign with playoff contender, and Rex Ryan's squad fits the bill. Asomugha also has designs on an acting career, which may give the Jets yet another edge
Old 07-26-2011   #343
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'd be willing to spend $5 mil of Bob's money and give up a low pick for busting the cap to get Aso. I'm of the opinion that he is this generation's version of Prime Time w/o all the BS. To compare signing him to Haynesworth or just about any other high profile FA bust is disingenuous. Aso has been nothing short of a model citizen in an organization known for showboats, malcontents and rebels without a clue. His down side is miniscule as it is. Compare it to his upside and it's a no-brainer. There is simply no other player in the NFL, short of Revis, that could impact our team as much as Aso. I'm including any QB's you want to throw in, also.
Did you miss the part about the league voiding the contract or are you ignoring that bit? This isn't the NBA with a luxury tax penalty, it's the NFL with the same hard cap it has had for some 20 years now. If your team is pushed above the cap by signing a player, the league will not approve it and he will never join the team until you lose some salary.
Old 07-26-2011   #344
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
It's all over but the cryin' folks. I just can't see him choosing us over the Jets. Defensive players love Rex and that is a big market. You pair him with Revis and that is a sick tandem, the sickest in the league.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #345
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635 View Post
It's all over but the cryin' folks. I just can't see him choosing us over the Jets. Defensive players love Rex and that is a big market. You pair him with Revis and that is a sick tandem, the sickest in the league.
I still dont get how the Jets can sign him, even for a tad less than what is expected, with all their own FA's they have to sign. Are they going to completely compromise their offense for ONE CB?
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #346
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I also find it very hard to believe the Jets could sign him. I think Baltimore and Philly have better shots, although I don't think either team wants him too bad.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #347
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

If you think Sanchez over Schaub, Nnamdi ..... you're fooling yourself.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #348
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I still dont get how the Jets can sign him, even for a tad less than what is expected, with all their own FA's they have to sign. Are they going to completely compromise their offense for ONE CB?
The other thing to consider is the Jets had trouble generating a pass rush without blitzing. That was when they had Ellis. If they bank on rooks and lower level FAs to supply the pass rush, not even a duo of Nmandi and Revis will save them from teams exploiting holes in the middle of the field.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #349
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Did you miss the part about the league voiding the contract or are you ignoring that bit? This isn't the NBA with a luxury tax penalty, it's the NFL with the same hard cap it has had for some 20 years now. If your team is pushed above the cap by signing a player, the league will not approve it and he will never join the team until you lose some salary.
I'm in wishful/hopeful thinking mode and ignored that little clause for the purpose of my fantasy. Don't you judge me.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #350
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait till aso signs with us.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #351
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This^^^^^^^^^^^

/END THREAD!

Take that same money and get two competent players. That's not to say that I wouldn't love to score Aso, but he's already stated (or his agent) that he would take less money to be with a contender.... The Texans, as much as I hate to admit aren't that team....
Old 07-26-2011   #352
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Rex is of the "defense wins championships" mentality. Their defense was already one of the best in the league, you add Nnamdi and I don't think anyone puts over 10 points a game on them. I could be wrong, but where are you gonna throw? It would be hard to beat 2 shut down corners.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #353
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
I'd be willing to spend $5 mil of Bob's money as well
Cheapskate! I'll match your $5 mil and bump it $10 mil..........of Bob's money!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #354
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't think that Jets thing means much. Just more speculation. Plus, the Jets still need to sign Holmes and Edwards. The Texans' biggest competition is the Ravens, IMO. Since Houston is in a weaker division, and Nnamdi's position is our biggest weakness (plus one of his good friends is already on the team), maybe he'll come here. There is some hope.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #355
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Don't think that Jets thing means much. Just more speculation. Plus, the Jets still need to sign Holmes and Edwards. The Texans' biggest competition is the Ravens, IMO. Since Houston is in a weaker division, and Nnamdi's position is our biggest weakness (plus one of his good friends is already on the team), maybe he'll come here. There is some hope.
That and Baltimore plans to re-sign their guys, might not want to commit that much to the CB spot.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #356
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think the 49ers will make a move for him if they haven't done so already.
Old 07-26-2011   #357
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I still think the 49ers will make a move for him if they haven't done so already.
Why San Francisco? haven't heard that rumor before.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #358
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
The other thing to consider is the Jets had trouble generating a pass rush without blitzing. That was when they had Ellis. If they bank on rooks and lower level FAs to supply the pass rush, not even a duo of Nmandi and Revis will save them from teams exploiting holes in the middle of the field.
The more I think about it, the more I think something is afoot.

1) Aso gives a list of teams to his agent he would like to play for, Houston being one.
2) Lots of talk that Houston would go after him fast and quick. Most insiders were saying the Texans were going to sign him. Mike Francessa said last week it "was the worst kept secret in the NFL" that Aso was gong to Houston. Make him a good offer today.
3) Agent leaks news that the Jets are interested, even though no one can expalin how they can afford it. Use these rumors get Houston to sweeten the deal just a tad more.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #359
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rex is of the "defense wins championships" mentality. Their defense was already one of the best in the league, you add Nnamdi and I don't think anyone puts over 10 points a game on them. I could be wrong, but where are you gonna throw? It would be hard to beat 2 shut down corners.
You take away Holmes and they might not score 10 points on anyone all year either...

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #360
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
You take away Holmes and they might not score 10 points on anyone all year either...

Mike
Ha, just thought the same thing. Jets might not allow 10 points but where will they get 10 points from? : P
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read