Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #281
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Rex Ryan is a weird dude, but for some reason he has been able to get his players to follow him to the gates of hell.

If the Jets land Aso, I think it makes them a 3-to-4-year Super Bowl favorite every one of those years. It could make them a dynasty.

I'm not all that impressed with Sanchez as a PURE QB, but yet the guy will straight up ice your ass if you don't get to him in time. Plus, as vocal as he has been about doing whatever it takes to win...he's constantly putting himself out there as a guy who is very anti-Leinart. Which means he's nothing but football 24-7-365.

It's hard to root against a guy like Sanchez. Very Favre-ish in lots of ways.

He stomped our ass in his first ever NFL game, too, IIRC. STOMPED.
I wouldn't go that far. 18/31, 8 ypc, 1 td, 1 int, 84.3 passer rating is not exactly stomping. The Jet D annihilated us that game. Sanchez managed the game well.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #282
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
If you are a member of the Texans and the team comes to you and says, hey, we need to restructure your deal to get the best corner in the game here and you say "nope", you're not that interested in winning and you need to go.

I know, a few exceptions and depends on the amount... I'm aware... but if your name is Mario, Andre, Brian, Demeco etc.. you need to go because clearly you're not that committed to winning.

Mike
This ^^^^^ times a bazillion.

Of course, DeMeco and Owen were running around like little girls, crying to the media and through their social media accounts about how they just HAD to have a new deal. Good luck with those two guys wanting to help out.

Andre would help out. I think he wants to win THAT badly. Of course, he might ask for a sweetheart year at the end of his career to make up for it.

I doubt Mario would. If our defense had a better secondary, we could put pressure on him...but unfortunately he's not holding the shitty end of the stick right now. He can say "No," and not get released or traded for it. That's my bet.

Actually, I think there's just not the level of desire with the Texans that you see with the Jets. After Mangini went and Tuberville'd the Jets, that club got its act together FAST! Incredibly fast, actually.

I'm very impressed with the recent decision-making by both the Packers and the Jets. Their fans are loving life right now.
Old 07-26-2011   #283
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I wouldn't go that far. 18/31, 8 ypc, 1 td, 1 int, 84.3 passer rating is not exactly stomping. The Jet D annihilated us that game. Sanchez managed the game well.
Well, you're right. I guess the beatdown we received from their defense caused me to over-value Sanchez's contribution in that game.

But hey, rookie go this first win on his first day on the job. On the road, too.
Old 07-26-2011   #284
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This could be a bad sign for Texans getting Aso.

link
Sanchez restructuring is important to the Jets so they can go after Santonio Holmes. They are about to lose Holmes, Edwards and Brad Smith to free agency, so if they need anything it's a #1 WR. They also may lose Cromartie, Shaun Ellis, and their kicker Nick Folk. They have a lot of work to do in this free agency.
Old 07-26-2011   #285
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, you're right. I guess the beatdown we received from their defense caused me to over-value Sanchez's contribution in that game.

But hey, rookie go this first win on his first day on the job. On the road, too.
He did get a W. No taking that away. But at the risk of getting neg repped, this had a much bigger factor than Sanchez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiJ9lYyj4uQ

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #286
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He did get a W. No taking that away. But at the risk of getting neg repped, this had a much bigger factor than Sanchez.

No hard feelings about that play, it was a monstrous move by Jenkins against Meyers, but I am glad that he just threw Schuab to the ground. If he had jumped on Schaub and rode him to the ground, I don't think Matt would have played the rest of that game. Good on Kris for not being a bloodthirsty crazy guy trying to injure opponents.
Old 07-26-2011   #287
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:

Without looking, I bet it is Chris Myers getting completely blown up by Kris Jenkins. Right?

That was sexual assault. Plain and simple.
Old 07-26-2011   #288
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That reminds me...I hope Kris takes most of the first preseason game off if he's playing. Don't know if the guy is injured or not right now.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #289
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
That reminds me...I hope Kris takes most of the first preseason game off if he's playing. Don't know if the guy is injured or not right now.
I think he said he's done.

EDIT: Yep. He's retired. Source: Wikipedia entry for Kris Jenkins...

New York Jets
On February 29, 2008, the Carolina Panthers traded Jenkins to the New York Jets for third- and fifth-round draft picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.[2] For much of his first season with the Jets, Jenkins was dominant and garnered heavy consideration for the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year award. On Sunday October 18, 2009, Jenkins left the game against the Buffalo Bills with a left knee injury. He was officially lost for the season the next day with a torn ACL.[3] On September 13, 2010 Kris Jenkins again tore his ACL in a game against the Baltimore Ravens, which ended his season for the second time in a row.[4]

The Jets released Jenkins on February 28, 2011.[5]

Retirement
Jenkins announced his retirement from football on July 20, 2011.[6]
Old 07-26-2011   #290
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Of course, DeMeco and Owen were running around like little girls, crying to the media and through their social media accounts about how they just HAD to have a new deal. Good luck with those two guys wanting to help out.
You and I both know that DeMeco deserved a contract more than just about anybody and had he not gotten that contract pre-injury there's a good chance he'd be walking right about now.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #291
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he retired

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83196
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #292
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think he said he's done.

EDIT: Yep. He's retired. Source: Wikipedia entry for Kris Jenkins...

New York Jets
On February 29, 2008, the Carolina Panthers traded Jenkins to the New York Jets for third- and fifth-round draft picks in the 2008 NFL Draft.[2] For much of his first season with the Jets, Jenkins was dominant and garnered heavy consideration for the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year award. On Sunday October 18, 2009, Jenkins left the game against the Buffalo Bills with a left knee injury. He was officially lost for the season the next day with a torn ACL.[3] On September 13, 2010 Kris Jenkins again tore his ACL in a game against the Baltimore Ravens, which ended his season for the second time in a row.[4]

The Jets released Jenkins on February 28, 2011.[5]

Retirement
Jenkins announced his retirement from football on July 20, 2011.[6]
Wow must have missed that. Sucks to see constant injuries bring a player down like that.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #293
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122673 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You and I both know that DeMeco deserved a contract more than just about anybody and had he not gotten that contract pre-injury there's a good chance he'd be walking right about now.
Ryans walking would be a bad thing?

He been the leader of a terrible defense for 5 yrs now.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #294
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow must have missed that. Sucks to see constant injuries bring a player down like that.
Signed,
Bennie

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #295
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

One of the few bright spots on this team since 06. I'm excited to see what he can do with a competent DC that knows how to put people in the right position.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #296
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Good News

judybattista Judy Battista
RT @JennyVrentas: Jets extend offer to free-agent receiver Santonio Holmes: http://tinyurl.com/3r9htb5
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #297
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Good News

judybattista Judy Battista
RT @JennyVrentas: Jets extend offer to free-agent receiver Santonio Holmes: http://tinyurl.com/3r9htb5
BOO YAH! I called it!
Old 07-26-2011   #298
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Well, I guess Rick Smith would have looked like a psychic had he NOT caved in on the demands. Everybody was saying Rick Smith was a turd for waiting so long, but in reality had he waited it out...he would have been in the right.

I can't remember of OD got his new contract before or after his own big injury. If he got it before the knee injury in the Bills game, then that's another one that we could say "See, make them play out their contract first."

Am I excited that a Texans player got a contract before blowing his achilles? Not really.

I was more than fine with it when Domanick Davis (Williams now) did, but that was mostly because he was the only producer on the field besides AJ...and I felt he ground himself into the turf for us.

But yet I never saw the level of whinery with DD that I saw with 'Meco. In fact, Domanick actually went away quietly. Kubiak visited him, trying to see if he'd try and come back. Nope. Done.

Besides, DeMeco had a bad shoulder before the achilles blew. He wasn't the same guy two years ago, and then he had the achilles this past year. I can't sit here and say his departure would spell doom for us. Sorry if that comes off as being ignorant of football facts or not. Just not intrigued anymore.

This is not a charity league. I've grown past the sentimental feelings stage once David Carr and Dunta Robinson banked it big for like zero ROI for us.
Old 07-26-2011   #299
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

As if that was his doing.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #300
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
BOO YAH! I called it!
At the risk of coming off as being ignorant of the impact of this news...

Does this mean the Jets have less to spend on a certain someone else?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read