Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-26-2011   #201
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: Nnambi and Houston

Good a contract year and no reason to hold onto McCain
Old 07-26-2011   #202
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On Asomugha, Texans will go hard; you have to believe their offer will top all; that's a Super Bowl contender if they land him.
6 minutes ago
http://twitter.com/#!/MORTREPORT
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #203
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
I don't want to hear about what we will or should do. I want to hear about what we have done.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #204
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't want to hear about what we will or should do. I want to hear about what we have done.
Well you're gonna have to wait then, because right now everything is swirling around and nothing is really concrete for anyone.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #205
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
And he's 30 years old and not getting any younger. After 30, that's when the nicks and the "nagging injuries" start to happen. He's on the downside of his career, and with his last big contract, there's no incentive for him to give 100%.

It doesn't really matter anyway. He'll need to have his head examined if he chooses the Texans over a playoff caliber team that has decent chance of going to the Super Bowl. Like Herv said, he'll say all the right things to the Texans, but laugh himself silly under his breath.
If he is here Houston suddenly joins a short list of teams that has a real shot at going deep into the playoffs.

Think about this. If you shore up half of our problems in the secondary with a lockdown corner.. where do you place us as far as over all teams in the league? Probably a top 5 team. With our offense we are no longer a "threat to come back on you" we are a "threat to put our foot on your throat mid way through the second quarter".

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #206
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Well you're gonna have to wait then, because right now everything is swirling around and nothing is really concrete for anyone.
I'm not worried about FA rumors at this point. We've been hearing this since the end of the season.

I'm just concerned about the UDFAs right now.
Old 07-26-2011   #207
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
If he is here Houston suddenly joins a short list of teams that has a real shot at going deep into the playoffs.

Think about this. If you shore up half of our problems in the secondary with a lockdown corner.. where do you place us as far as over all teams in the league? Probably a top 5 team. With our offense we are no longer a "threat to come back on you" we are a "threat to put our foot on your throat mid way through the second quarter".

Mike
As I mentioned earlier, signing Nnamdi would tremendously upgrade our defense, but he's just one CB. What about our safeties? Heck, who ARE our safeties?

I'm all for opening up the checkbook for Nnamdi, given that it's not my money, but there is a limit on how much you can pay one player. Afterall, this is a team game. We need cap room to sign some safeties like Darren Sharper, maybe?
Old 07-26-2011   #208
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

mortreport: On Asomugha, Texans will go hard; you have to believe their offer will top all; that's a Super Bowl contender if they land him. [via Twitter]
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #209
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather take the same money and sign a CB and a Safety. That's assuming Quinn is going to be one safety.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #210
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I would rather take the same money and sign a CB and a Safety. That's assuming Quinn is going to be one safety.
How about Asomugha AND one of the top safeties?
Old 07-26-2011   #211
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I started " Would you trade Mario if we could get Nnambi" thread but as i stated later in that post I don't think using 15-20% of your cap on any player is a smart thing to do, especially for the Texans who have so many needs. I think we are hamstrung with Mario"s cap number now. Look at the great teams New England, Green Bay they don't pay big money to players. Football is definitely a TEAM game and you need quality players not just a couple of superstars. The Texans problem is they don't evaluate talent well and then they don't utilize what talent they do have. The front office and coaching for the Texan's has basically ****** from the beginning.

Last edited by gafftop; 07-26-2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: sp
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #212
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's really, really hard to hit on two top free agents. Easier to make the one huge splash than multiple good splashes.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #213
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Mortenson just tweeted:

Quote:
RT @mortreport: On Asomugha, Texans will go hard; you have to believe their offer will top all; that's a Super Bowl contender if land him.
Old 07-26-2011   #214
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that free agent Nnamdi Asomugha may be willing to "take a little less money" to sign with a playoff contender.
Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #215
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
Something I quickly photoshopped before work.

Dude, I called a customer at work and right when he answered this popped up as the page loaded and I had to stfile a laugh big time....oh man...almost got bad lmao.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #216
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
As I mentioned earlier, signing Nnamdi would tremendously upgrade our defense, but he's just one CB. What about our safeties? Heck, who ARE our safeties?

I'm all for opening up the checkbook for Nnamdi, given that it's not my money, but there is a limit on how much you can pay one player. Afterall, this is a team game. We need cap room to sign some safeties like Darren Sharper, maybe?
I think with Quinn at S you are looking at two major signings to dramatically improve your defense. Adding Nnamdi alone doesn't give you a top ten defense but it probably puts you in the top half of the league. Lets remember if you can basically take the number 1 guy on the other team everyone looks better.

S: Quinn
S: Weddle
CB: Nnamdi
CB: Allen

S: Quinn
S: Nolan/Keo
CB: Nnamdi
CB: Allen

Sure, the first one looks better. But lets remember, its not just that you add Nnamdi, you slide every one of your CBs down one on the depth chart. Allen is a very servicable #2 but a terrible #1 CB. Jackson's speed liability is covered up if he slides into the nickel. Additionally do your safety's look as bad last year if they are supporting Nnambi on the #1 receiver and Allen on the #2? Suddenly your safeties are providing more support to the #2 AND available to help out on the TE.

Nnamdi doesn't just come in and change one position. He slides everyone down on the depth chart to a position they SHOULD be playing. He changes the way your back 4 operates. Yes Joseph/Cromartie do too, but you can't put them on an island. Nnamdi IS a gamechanger, the kind of game changer we have never had on the defensive side of the ball. Mario and Cushing (rookie) included.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #217
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
So then you have to ask, is Namdi and Glover better than Eric Weddle and Joseph?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #218
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
So then you have to ask, is Namdi and Glover better than Eric Weddle and Joseph?
No, it'd be is Nnamdi and Glover better than Eric Weddle, Joseph and Glover. Quin is here no matter what, don't know why you worded it like that.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #219
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
http://twitter.com/#!/MORTREPORT
Quote:
that's a Super Bowl contender if they land him.
& I thought I was drinking Koolaide.

I want what he's having.
Old 07-26-2011   #220
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
With our offense we are no longer a "threat to come back on you" we are a "threat to put our foot on your throat mid way through the second quarter".

Mike
Well..... actually no.

We have yet to put our foot on anyone's throat since GK has been here. & we've had plenty of opportunities.

But that is one of the things I was hoping he would bring from Denver. Those guys were ruthless.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read