Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-21-2005   #21
touttail
All Pro

NuNu,

See earlier post. I am at the Texas City refinery, yuk; hurricane duty.

Hey gang as long as we have power for my computer in the control room, I will keep everyone updated on the weather conditions in Texas City, ie: wind, rain, flooding of storm surge.

we have a weather station on site so I can watch the wind.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #22
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
NuNu,

Hey gang as long as we have power for my computer in the control room, I will keep everyone updated on the weather conditions in Texas City, ie: wind, rain, flooding of storm surge.

bobby 119C

Take care everybody.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #23
Keldar
Veteran

Thank You!!!!
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #24
Bongo59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers5
You are the in the storm surge for a CAT 1 hurricane. You should definitely leave or take the risk of never posting a message on this board again. Please learn from Katrina and get out NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck.
last update now say Houston is at direct risk with Galveston.............if it hits it will be at least a Cat 3 in houston city limits.............i would recommend you get out. I just lived through a Cat 5 with my family in New Orleans................i still have 22 in my house here in Nashville.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #25
Bongo59
Veteran

Texas City has just ordered a Legal Mandatory evacuation to begin at 2 AM tonight..............They mayor just announced it on National TV ...........Expected Storm Surge is 28-33 feet..............the levee/Storm Wall will not be sufficient................get out.
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #26
Panther5407
All Pro

good luck everybody! the only real problem with the storm I'm having now is my dads a police officer so right after the storms passes he has to go to work and I probally wont see him till monday. Anyways, I hope everyone does ok.
Old 09-21-2005   #27
CajunTexan
Veteran

I was born in La. but have lived half my life in the great state of TEXAS. My kids are Texans, born in Houston. Please be safe and may the big guy upstairs keep all of you out of harms way. Though we are still reelling from Katrina, we stand ready to help the way Texas has helped us.
CajunTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #28
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Exclamation I live in Lakes on Eldridge North...

(NW Houston)...and I am not going to leave. I worry about roof damage...and fear the possible torndao.. My parents have evacuated from thier house and will be staying with me. My wife will be on lockdown at Memorial Hermann hospital starting at 7AM tomorrow. I am not thrilled that we will be seperated...but she will be very safe in that hospital.

It looks more and more like this will be a catastrophic event for Houston and the surrounding areas.

May all of you stay safe so we can enjoy each others company at the next tailgate!!!!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #29
bruski
Rookie

Good luck with this, hopefully it does decrease in size before hitting landfall...We are watching this over here in Australia and wish you all the best...Most importantly, if you do not need to be in Houston..........Get out...Hope you all stay safe
bruski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #30
stevo3883
All Pro

good luck guys
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #31
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Mandatory evacuation here in Corpus Christi too but I'm waiting to see if it turns like they say or not. I don't want it to hit anybody anywhere. Stay safe everybody.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #32
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I hope a miracle happens and the storm simply fizzles out. May god be with all of you and I hope we will see all of you on the flip side. Good night and God Bless..................................
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #33
pookha
Rookie

good luck everyone..
take care as much as you can..
pookha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #34
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I read on another MB that KHOU is thinking the storm could track into Louisiana and if you go to the khou.com weather forum the weatherman dan meador just posted that 2 models are tracking the storm to make landfall east of Houston...
Old 09-22-2005   #35
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
NuNu,

bobby 119C
I'm from Texas City. I sure hope nothing really bad happens to those plants. Alot of jobs are at stake. Good luck man, be careful down there.
Old 09-22-2005   #36
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Crosby area here...

I work in the water/wastewater utility sector and I have to work through this whole thing. The good thing is the OT but the bad thing is the risk we take. Fortunately, they just forcasted the eye to pass a little to the east so we may miss the dirty side of the storm.....who knows. Everyone be safe and don't be stupid. God bless you all.
Old 09-22-2005   #37
touttail
All Pro

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Ole Rita is going east, I feel bad for the folks in Louisiana, but whew I thank God that it looks like we are dodging a major bullet!

The National Weather Service sends the refinery gurus an update every 4 hours.

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read