Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #21
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

LMFAO!!!

Let me see if I have this right:

You want *David* to go by *Dave* because it's more *mature*, yet you want to promote a *Kippy* and a *Chick*?????

We have WAY more important things to worry about...
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #22
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboycm
I disagree. If you watch Carr, he is just not seeing the entire field. He doesn't check off his primary receiver and see the open man. There were plenty of times yesterday where I saw Carr run out of bounds when if he would have looked away from Andre Johnson he would have seen Murphy open. There were also times when another receiver or a running back was open as well. It's just inexusable not to have your reads down in your 4th year as a pro. This is a guy who has played about 95% of the Texans franshise snaps too. So experience isn't an issue. He just hasn't made the progress so far, and there's no reason to believe he'll start.
Why is Carr allways running? Is there any other viable WR other than Johnson? Carr scrambles because he has to. If he could get more than 2 seconds to throw I'm sure he could do good. We saw glimpses of greatness last year, so what so different? O LINE! I'm telling you now, if Carr had weapons or at least blocking, he could do well.

FERGUSON '06!!
LORK 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #23
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AND DAVE! Thatís another thing, no more of this David bull****. Grow up and be called Dave, David is a kidís name. Michael Vick went to Mike, grew up, and took his team to the NFC Championship Game, letís see the same from you.
OK, just so I have this straight...

You think the fact that Carr goes by the name David instead of Dave has any relevance whatsoever to our offensive problems, but you think that Kippy is the answer to them...?

Despite the fact that Kippy is one of the silliest names in the history of grown men's names, he seems to be quite the stud in your view.

Now, I'm not saying your wrong about 'ol Kippy, but this seems like a new high in double standards...

*edited to say that I should've read all the way to the last post before replying... I basically said what 'texan_fan' said two post earlier... *

Last edited by michaelm; 09-20-2005 at 01:33 PM.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #24
yaboycm
Veteran

It has to do with getting some attitude on this team and getting fired up to play football and win some games. I don't see any of either of the Bill's players not ready to play. This team needs some attitude and they need someone to get them motivated to play. Seems like a lot of players going through the motion. Using the name Dave instead of David makes a statement to the rest of the league and fans that, "I (Carr) mean business." Michael Vick changed to Mike, looks like he is doing okay. It's just perception. Obviously, going by a different name isn't going to win games, but it's going to change attitudes. This team needs an attitude change and that starts with the head coach. Dom Capers is as bland of a coach as I have ever seen. It is evident that losing team leaders Sharper and Glenn has resulted in a loss of motivation for this football team. Someone needs to get these guys fired up to play football.

In response to the dude earlier:
Carr can't make his reads. When he scrambles, people are open, he just can't see them. If the O-Line can't block, why not have some 4 or 5 wide sets with quick passes? Counter that with draws and pump fakes to keep the defense honest. When was the last time Dave pump faked? And don't give me that "he doesn't have time ****."
Old 09-20-2005   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is evident that losing team leaders Sharper and Glenn has resulted in a loss of motivation for this football team.
Man they are leaders or at least prescient since they took their motivation on down the road before the Cleveland game, prior to even knowing they were going anywhere.
Old 09-20-2005   #26
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what to say.

It's sort of like when you first got told about what the word hermaphrodite means. You know, the stomach churning a little bit...feeling a little woozey.

It was strangely intriguing to read that post.

The photos were like when the kids are in the boat, going through the tunnel in the original Willy Wonka movie...you know, all those bizarre psychadelic images being projected on the walls of the tunnel and the kids screaming.

You want to tunr the channel, but you're fixated upon the weirdness.

Wow.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005   #27
texan_fan
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to texan_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
OK, just so I have this straight...

You think the fact that Carr goes by the name David instead of Dave has any relevance whatsoever to our offensive problems, but you think that Kippy is the answer to them...?

Despite the fact that Kippy is one of the silliest names in the history of grown men's names, he seems to be quite the stud in your view.

Now, I'm not saying your wrong about 'ol Kippy, but this seems like a new high in double standards...

*edited to say that I should've read all the way to the last post before replying... I basically said what 'texan_fan' said two post earlier... *
;-) It's nice to know someone else noticed that and agreed!!!
texan_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read