Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2011   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

And so then, I was like, "Yeah, I know what it looks like...but still, I mean SERIOUSLY??"

And the room erupted into laughter.

That's when we realized that we could never go back to just being friends. The whole thing was awkward. Like I said earlier, two ships passing in the night.

Oh well. What's a guy to do?

And then, out of nowhere I began to notic----HEY! Where's the next set of screenshots???

What the hell? Get back to work, 76. I need those screen shots, and I needed them YESTERDAY!!!!
Old 07-18-2011   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
And so then, I was like, "Yeah, I know what it looks like...but still, I mean SERIOUSLY??"

And the room erupted into laughter.

That's when we realized that we could never go back to just being friends. The whole thing was awkward. Like I said earlier, two ships passing in the night.

Oh well. What's a guy to do?

And then, out of nowhere I began to notic----HEY! Where's the next set of screenshots???

What the hell? Get back to work, 76. I need those screen shots, and I needed them YESTERDAY!!!!
See, I have to get up to go to work early tomorrow.
I have all these screenshots upload to photobucket already.
(And I've already spent a lot of time finding a shareware to reduce the size of these screenshots and do that in order to save space on photobucket - but I thought Photobucket already gives you unlimited storage space?).

Anyhow, the next set of screenshots will show Namdi Asomugha in the same boat.
Now, that ought to be good, wouldn't it ?!?

Personally, I do not mind dissenting opinions at all.
I'm the kind of guy who can get into a fight with another guy and the next thing you know it, we become good friends.
No sweat!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #43
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That left Mathis (2006 Pro-Bowler and All-Pro) and the other CB Cox to play the deep route.

Let's see how it panned out.
At first I thought you meant JEROME Mathis, and I was gonna say "man, looks like we are hopping in the way way back machine" lol.

And oops, ya I was unaware of the meaning of the cute kitty smiley
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #44
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't think you can "learn" how to have a laser-rocket-cannon of an arm. It's like speed. Either you have it, or you don't. Schaub doesn't.
Nice thread, 76. You exposed a weakness in coverage and provided unequivocal evidence of Schaub lacking the said laser-rocket-cannon arm.
I know Schaub doesn't have a laser-rocket arm and there's been quite a few times where he hasn't hit the receiver in stride but I'm not sure it doesn't have to do more with us running so much play-action. That takes the play a little longer to develop and the wideout gets downfield quicker.

If you look at the time as the play unfolds, I don't know that there's many QB's that can throw a 60+ yard laser. Flacco, Big Ben, I'm sure a few more.

6:02 - play starts (play action).
5:59 - Schaub begins throw at 7 yard line.
5:58 - Schaub releases the ball with front foot on 9 yard line.
5:56 - Walter enters screenshot at 35 yard line.
5:55 - Pass Interference while Walter is at 31 yard line (ball lands at the 29).

So it takes 4 seconds from the snap for Schaub to release the ball. And then it takes 3 seconds for the ball to travel 62 yards. My best guess is that Walter is around the 50 yard line when Schaub throws the ball and running full speed downfield.

Again, I'm not saying Schaub's arm isn't an "issue", I just think it gets overplayed as a weakness. I also suspect that Kubiak/Schaub have a "pass interference" play in the bag. While Walter isn't burner fast, he's sneaky fast and has a knack for drawing flags against the DB. But that's my tin foil hat talking I guess.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #45
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102181 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Yall are missing the whole point of this thread. you do know he isnt doing this to show anything about schaub right. He is doing it to show how offenses fool safties and make CBs like Jackson look bad when its really not their fault. yall do get that right haha
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #46
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yall are missing the whole point of this thread. you do know he isnt doing this to show anything about schaub right. He is doing it to show how offenses fool safties and make CBs like Jackson look bad when its really not their fault. yall do get that right haha
Yup, and that's why I think all this talk about how Jackson is the 'worst football player ever' mentality is overreaction. Certainly he didn't have a great rookie season but I still think he can be a good player for us.

But find me one thread, just ONE thread on this board, that has ever stayed on topic!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #47
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 102181 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Yup, and that's why I think all this talk about how Jackson is the 'worst football player ever' mentality is overreaction. Certainly he didn't have a great rookie season but I still think he can be a good player for us.

But find me one thread, just ONE thread on this board, that has ever stayed on topic!
haha yeah i agree he can get better but ol 76 up there keeps trying to convince me/us that K.J was good last season. i mean seriously we all know better, i'm not saying he wont improve, hell i hope he becomes a HOF Cb but as far as last season goes he was horrendous.
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #48
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
That point has escaped me at all. I pointed that out in a previous post....
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #49
Lucky

Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL. He just keeps posting volumes of screen shots. LOL. Wow.
He's a machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
You're right. But how many threads are taken off topic by the thread starter on the 2nd post? This has to be some type of record.

Oh, and Kareem Jackson still sucks. As far as we know.
Old 07-18-2011   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the series where Namdi was in the same boat as Jackson.
This one resulted in a 41-yd TD, but it could have been 99yd for all we know.
In the first screen shot, you cannot see the safety but he's back there.

Old 07-18-2011   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The sequence will show that the Raiders were also in cover 3.
Toward the end, notice how far Namdi was from the receiver Floyd.
Even one of the best needs safety help.

Old 07-18-2011   #52
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Old 07-18-2011   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Old 07-18-2011   #54
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Since you're going through all the trouble, why don't you splice up these videos and post them through youtube or something so we could skip the slideshow and see it fluidly?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Since you're going through all the trouble, why don't you splice up these videos and post them through youtube or something so we could skip the slideshow and see it fluidly?
I need to learn that.
However, there are plays I think that need to be in slow motion to see and I don't know how to do that either!
Old 07-18-2011   #56
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
He's a machine.

You're right. But how many threads are taken off topic by the thread starter on the 2nd post? This has to be some type of record.

Oh, and Kareem Jackson still sucks. As far as we know.

I like the fact that 76 is attempting to base his evaluation of Jackson on real analysis and game stuff, but while nice and fairly professionally Kubiak, smith and even Wade Phillips have all said he did not play well enough. Wade who makes Kubiak look brash even questioned Jackson's technique in one of McLame's off-season fluff pieces.

This is like one of my F students convincing me that they are a D student when they need at least a C minus not to retake the class. OK it was not total suckage it was just mostly suckage. It still was not good enough.
Old 07-19-2011   #57
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I like the fact that 76 is attempting to base his evaluation of Jackson on real analysis and game stuff, but while nice and fairly professionally Kubiak, smith and even Wade Phillips have all said he did not play well enough. Wade who makes Kubiak look brash even questioned Jackson's technique in one of McLame's off-season fluff pieces.

This is like one of my F students convincing me that they are a D student when they need at least a C minus not to retake the class. OK it was not total suckage it was just mostly suckage. It still was not good enough.
I like seeing the chess match between coaches. These threads 76 has started really shows that. Very few teams just line up and say "this is what we do and you can't stop us." The Jets, Steelers (to a degree), and Ravens are all I can think of off hand. You know what you get with those teams and they think they do it better than anyone. The Texans are trying to get in that mold offensively.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post

I don't think that is what 76 is trying to do.

People generally watch the game & they pick somebody to blame. Usually if you have one bad decision after anther, it get's easy to say "I was right, I know better than Kubiak, Smith, McNair"

Since Kareem was the #1 pick,we didn't pick Kyle Wilson, we didn't sign Dunta, Lee played us, & we let Jaques Reeves go, everybody wants to blame all their frustration for Kubiak & McNair on Kareem.

Wade is going to say what he said for several reasons. #1 it's true, #2 he knows the Texans fans don't want to hear what 76 is saying. If a Wade came out saying that, we'd start the "McNair strapped him to Kareem just like he forced Carr on Kubiak" crap.

#1 is true, because he's a rookie & has a lot to learn. If I was Wade, Kareem wouldn't be in my top 5 things I need to worry about right now.
Old 07-19-2011   #59
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I need to learn that.
However, there are plays I think that need to be in slow motion to see and I don't know how to do that either!
I like the still shots - frame by frame you can break down the details of the play more thoroughly. Not just the focus of the play but the other things that made the play work (or fail) like the protections. You miss so much in real time ..... Just ask the refs.

I dont believe that people appreciate the effort you put into these threads - I enjoy them , keepem comin.

(If you do use youtube , It would be nice to have the still's as well)

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011   #60
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't think that is what 76 is trying to do.

I get the idea 76 is trying to show that while Jackson played poorly - He didnt have a whole lot of help either. When he made a mistake , so did the safety which lead to big gains and or scores.

I could be wrong but in evaluating the examples given as well as others (on youtube or my DVR) I see one mistake leading to another ..... With some experience Jackson may not make these same types of mistales again (or as often).

I hope Jackson is at home with his DVR evaluating the same shit 76 has put here ..... rather than out watching cock fights .... or going to porn expo's.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read