Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2011   #21
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kareem Jackson's plight.

It might not have been a laser but he threw it from just behind the 10 yard line and hit the opposite 30. Thats a 65 yard throw. He had to get some air under it to get it that far but there are only a bare handful of guys who could have done it much better in my opinion.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011   #22
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
It might not have been a laser but he threw it from just behind the 10 yard line and hit the opposite 30. Thats a 65 yard throw. He had to get some air under it to get it that far but there are only a bare handful of guys who could have done it much better in my opinion.
JaMarcus Russell could throw it that far from the sitting position....
Old 07-17-2011   #23
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamarcus russel was a 6'5'' 300lb human cannon, and he was a one trick pony who washed out after 3 seasons. And like I said, a handful could do it better. Farve, Flacco, Cutler, and a few other notable strong arms could have heaved it 75 yards. But despite what you might think, the average qb might be able to throw 60 yards on a good day with no one rushing him. Shaub did it with only a few seconds to read it, set his feet, and pull the trigger.

Is he elite? No.

Is he better than over half the QBs in the league? Yes.

Do his other qualities that he bring to the table (that a guy like Jamarcus Russel, Kyle Boller, and Cutler dont have) make up for not having one of the best deep balls in the game? Yes
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
Jamarcus russel was a 6'5'' 300lb human cannon, and he was a one trick pony who washed out after 3 seasons. And like I said, a handful could do it better. Farve, Flacco, Cutler, and a few other notable strong arms could have heaved it 75 yards. But despite what you might think, the average qb might be able to throw 60 yards on a good day with no one rushing him. Shaub did it with only a few seconds to read it, set his feet, and pull the trigger.

Is he elite? No.

Is he better than over half the QBs in the league? Yes.

Do his other qualities that he bring to the table (that a guy like Jamarcus Russel, Kyle Boller, and Cutler dont have) make up for not having one of the best deep balls in the game? Yes
<--- means he was just picking. In no way was he implying Jamarcus was/is a better QB than Schaub.

For the most part he agrees with you.
Old 07-18-2011   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Schaub.
He's been doing all the things I wished (after the 09 season) he'd do to improve his game (in the 2010 season.).

As I understand, he's still on to those things (get rid of the ball quicker, working on his throwing motion, pull up and run.)
As long as he keeps at it, I have nothing to complain.
He can only get better with his reads and getting out faster on the bootleg.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I like Schaub.
He's been doing all the things I wished (after the 09 season) he'd do to improve his game (in the 2010 season.).

As I understand, he's still on to those things (get rid of the ball quicker, working on his throwing motion, pull up and run.)
and remaining on the field...
Old 07-18-2011   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The next play in the same mold of the two-receiver pattern is the 60yd catch by AJ over the Jags in week 10.
Don't forget that AJ played on a sore ankle.

The Jags showed cover 2, but then sent a safety down in the box to play the run.

AJ ran a post route from the right slot while Dreessen ran the crossing route from the other side.

The other safety stepped down to check Dreessen.

That left Mathis (2006 Pro-Bowler and All-Pro) and the other CB Cox to play the deep route.

Let's see how it panned out.
Old 07-18-2011   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The Jags were in cover two even though you can't see the other safety yet in these first 5 shots.

Last edited by 76Texan; 07-18-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-18-2011   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Old 07-18-2011   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Now you can see one safety coming down to play the run such that it became cover 3.

In this last screenshot you can see the safety coming down as well a AJ and Dreessen on the start of their respective route.
Old 07-18-2011   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I like Schaub.

I like Schaub also. I guess I should've used the smiley. I was just having a bit of fun.
Old 07-18-2011   #32
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the title: Kareem Jackson's "Plight"

As if he has been stricken by some random illness, against his will.

LOL. Sigh......
Old 07-18-2011   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The next five shots will show that Schaub couldnt step fully into his throw due to pressure.

Last edited by 76Texan; 07-18-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-18-2011   #34
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Now you will see Dreessen on his crossing route.
By this time, the other safety had turned back to chase the deeper route by AJ as Schaub had already released the ball.

In the last two shots, you can see the deep safety in the middle.
Old 07-18-2011   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Now you can see the two CBS start showing on the radar

Old 07-18-2011   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody had to upgrade from the free option to the paid option with Photobucket.

I'm just sayin'.....
Old 07-18-2011   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

And here comes AJ, all by his lonesome.
Similarly to Walter, AJ had to wait for the ball on his one leg.
Notice how far mathis was from the play!

Old 07-18-2011   #38
GP 
Go Texans!

LOL. He just keeps posting volumes of screen shots. LOL. Wow.

Oblivious to anything else, he's going to go until he's got to open up another file storage account.

(Panting with exhaustion) Must. Upload. ALL. SCREENSHOTS!!!!
Old 07-18-2011   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

And it was the other CB, Cox, who made the tackle.

Old 07-18-2011   #40
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL. He just keeps posting volumes of screen shots. LOL. Wow.

Oblivious to anything else, he's going to go until he's got to open up another file storage account.

(Panting with exhaustion) Must. Upload. ALL. SCREENSHOTS!!!!
Hey, I've already said that I don't know this stuff.
It will be helpfull if you can show me a quicker way to do all this!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read