Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #161
Fritz5000
Rookie

Note to Dom.. stop making excuses.. Get pissed off! (you should be next if things continue)

I couldn't agree more! Dom is always standing on the sideline with a bewildered look on his face. To take it a step further, Carr is always smiling during the press conferences after embaressing losses and looking to the future. I think it would be great to see Carr get ticked every once in a while and start calling out his O-line and talking about how terrible they are, not how they have to "put this one behind them" and "prepare for next week". Let's go Carr, get MAD!!!
Fritz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #162
SESupergenius

Palmer should take his share of fault for this hiddeous offensive attack. How can a SS lineup at the line of scrimmage not be accountant for? Why do we not have an audible to motion a blocker(TE) over there. That's crazy to let someone come in like that, our options at that point are few. Who's job is it to teach DD to block right?
Old 09-20-2005   #163
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
"Interestingly, Pendry was fired by Capers after the 1997 season at Carolina. Although, it was never confirmed, there was specualtion that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson made Capers fire Pendry, who was under fire because his offense was too conservative and unimaginative. "

It might get worse???

It WILL get worse with Pendry as OC .... He likes the exact same system as our Head Coach Mr. Capers ..... This situation is much more Capers fualt that Palmers . If you think it was conservative before .... wait till week 4 . The only coach in the orginization that wanted to open it up has just been fired ..... :brickwall
Its been easy to place the blame on Palmer but Capers makes the final decision on all play calls .....So we

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclude
This is just a precursor of things to come, although I think this firing is akin to choppin' off a leg to cure a headache

Remember in the second quarter of Sunday's game .... The Texans had moved down the field by spreading the field .... Next thing ya know there are THREE TE's on the field .... That was Capers putting his mark on the situation ....

Whats next , Is Capers going to fire Fangio because they cant generate a pass rush .... Remember who's system this is

Wonder if they could lure Sam Wysche outa Barfalo to replace .......

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #164
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
Wonder if they could lure Sam Wysche out of Buffalo to replace .......
Wouldn't be wonderful to have a QB who knows how to do it tuitor David. Wsche knows what he's doing, but I think he is extemely happy in Buffalo. What a wonderful thought, but I think unfortunately it just ain't going to happen while Capers or any of his staff is still with the Texans.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #165
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite
they might not be saying david is a bust but the word is that iternally they are. who knows we might finnaly get A Qb wich some actual college experience hell it doesnt have to be matt lionheart i rather have AJ feeley
AJ Feeley?Your kidding right....
BigBull17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #166
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Default There is a GOD

I thought we should have fired Palmer long ago, but its a step in the right direction....

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #167
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Before firing Palmer, McNair should've told him to call whatever plays he wanted to for at least one game and tell him his job was on the line. I just bet you the play-calling would have been drastically different. I don't know how much better the outcome of the game would've been, but I don't believe the run, run, pass, punt that most people are unhappy about, including me to a certain extent, would've happened as much.

I think Palmer has learned a lesson in choosing your employer and bosses wisely. You can't fly with your wings in a straight jacket. Of course, Palmer trying to get off the ground is a little funny.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #168
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default don't think so

"75% of his throws are dump throws to the TE and RB"

...an imagination is a good thing, right?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #169
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default Right the wholel time

See i told you vinny!! Finally we got rid of one, one more to go!!

Please Please Please Fire Dom!! Hes the worse coatch by far!!

Pete Carrol will be great!!! how cool would that be!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read