Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #21
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
If Billy Miller was what Carr needed he would still be with the team. Although he's unproven, I'm putting a little faith in Jerm (Jerome Mathis) because I think once he's healed and starts he WILL make a difference. AJ, Armstrong, Gaffney, Jerm in a four wr set would be killer.
by that logic, buchannon is what this team needs and glenn isnt. bradford is what this team needs and 3+ capable receivers arent. if mathis does something outside of kick returns, great. i'm not sold on him just because he's fast. buchannon's fast & look where that's gotten him. legs dont make receivers, hands do.
Old 09-19-2005   #22
exclude
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardtexan
Idiotic is to take one part of a post and not even understand it
Even the ball that Bradford dropped was partially Carr's fault. It was thrown right at Bradford's eye sight and It looked like it came out of a cannon. Not that Bradford is a great receiver or any thing but you can't always just point the blame on him.
The post was about sacks and this one particular sentence is to show lack of touch on the balls that are fired from Carr's arm and if the ball is thrown right at your face it's hard to judge specially when it's coming with the speed and force that Carr throws with. I'm tired of posters that are blindly loyal to one player that they fail to see his faults and mistakes.
Like I said in my post, I agreed with your assessment on Carr, as it pertained to him being lost and not reading defenses well. I agree that he does take wrong angles at times when running and he is quick to take off once hints of the pocket collapses around him.

But your contention that it was a lack of touch that Bradford couldn't hold on to the first pass thrown to him is what I disagreed with. It was clear to me that it was all Bradford's fault. All he has to do is catch it and yet time and time again we see that Bradford is pass catching-challenged. He turns easy passes into adventures and when he does bobble catches that are thrown RIGHT AT HIM, he gets lauded for making "acrobatic" catches.

And yes, Amrstong bailed him out of a few zipped throws, but isn't that what a WR is suppose to do??? Pre-TO, Donovan Mcnabb was probably one of the more inaccurate throwers out there and it showed yet as soon as TO joins Philly, those over thrown bombs now all of a sudden become well thrown bombs. The WR is SUPPOSE to make the QB look good. That's their job. Bradford's drops make Carr look even worse than he is.

I understood the original intent of your post but blaming Carr for Bradford's mistake is dumb.

Last edited by exclude; 09-19-2005 at 05:05 PM.
exclude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #23
HoustonHarley
Rookie

That is exactly right. How often do you see our WR's help David out? I watched that over and over yesterday. In pure misery, I sat and totally keyed in on our weakenesses. Too my great surprise, there were even more than I originally thought and that was one of them. Even when he has time, it appears that the WR's just give up or slow down or both! Did you happened to see Ben's WRs working for him? If you answer they did not, please do not post ever again.
HoustonHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #24
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
by that logic, buchannon is what this team needs and glenn isnt. bradford is what this team needs and 3+ capable receivers arent. if mathis does something outside of kick returns, great. i'm not sold on him just because he's fast. buchannon's fast & look where that's gotten him. legs dont make receivers, hands do.

To add everyone in that scenario isn't right. Billy Miller isn't playing any better in Cleveland (dropped an easy pass against Green Bay that could've ended the game and not given the Pack a chance to stay in it)and Glenn is still a backup in Dallas. Bradford is still a capable receiver and came at a great price. Each position has a different situation. As far as I could tell Mathis wasn't just fast, he has hands as well. Granted it was preseason but caught passes are caught passes whether it be in preseason or regular. If hands make receivers than the only receiver on this team is Armstrong because everyone else has been dropping easy catches, especially AJ.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #25
Dubble Trubble
Rookie

How do you blame a QB for throwing at a recievers eyes.....:brickwall

First thing most quarterbacks (not even just QB's...everyone) learns about throwing a football, is to throw at your intended targets head.

And, someone make me feel better about keeping Bradford and cutting Swinton. Or, is that possible?

Now, the New Era begins.
Dubble Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #26
Doug
All Pro

Sorry, NOT POSSIBLE.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #27
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
To add everyone in that scenario isn't right. Billy Miller isn't playing any better in Cleveland (dropped an easy pass against Green Bay that could've ended the game and not given the Pack a chance to stay in it)and Glenn is still a backup in Dallas. Bradford is still a capable receiver and came at a great price. Each position has a different situation. As far as I could tell Mathis wasn't just fast, he has hands as well. Granted it was preseason but caught passes are caught passes whether it be in preseason or regular. If hands make receivers than the only receiver on this team is Armstrong because everyone else has been dropping easy catches, especially AJ.
what he does in cleveland has no bearing on what he did here. he played the receiver that carr needed most because he could catch the laser and was a big target that wasnt trying to run 40 yards downfield. same with glenn despite his interception ... he could cover and forced teams to throw at dunta. now teams know about dunta and would be forced to throw at glenn, not a bad situation to be in. TEAMS win games, and you need players that cover eachothers' weaknesses and magnify their strengths.
Old 09-19-2005   #28
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubble Trubble
How do you blame a QB for throwing at a recievers eyes.....:brickwall

First thing most quarterbacks (not even just QB's...everyone) learns about throwing a football, is to throw at your intended targets head.

And, someone make me feel better about keeping Bradford and cutting Swinton. Or, is that possible?

I have the anwser that is going to make you feel better. The Texans keeping bradford is going to give us a much better draft pick.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Carr does lack touch on some of his passes, and that absolutely does not matter in the slightest in regards to the Bradford drop. If you're an NFL WR, you catch that ball, no matter what. The AJ drop in the red zone was unforgiveable too. AJ has dropped far too many passes over the past four weeks. Armstrong and Gaffney, when targeted, make catches. I'd rather see them make boring 1st down catches than watch Bradford and AJ drop passes that could have been great plays.
eriadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #30
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
You have beat this joke into the ground, and frankly it wasn't very funny to begin with.
Yes Sir Mr. Super Moderator, I wil cease with these tasteless jokes as of right now, Tuesday 9/20/05, 8:45am!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #31
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
Yes Sir Mr. Super Moderator, I wil cease with these tasteless jokes as of right now, Tuesday 9/20/05, 8:45am!

bobby 119C

"Thank the Lord!" says a non-moderator...
actually, I wouldn't so much call them tasteless... more like stale... but many stale things do, in fact, lack taste...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #32
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
"Thank the Lord!" says a non-moderator...
actually, I wouldn't so much call them tasteless... more like stale... but many stale things do, in fact, lack taste...
Thank you michaelm. Where's the love man!!!!!!!! LOL

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read