Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2005   #1
regalbeagle
waterboy

Default Is it too late to get Billy Miller back?

Don't get me wrong folks, I love the Texans....but Billy Miller was essential to catching those short picks into the endzones.

He was also a fan favorite too. I don't have to mention the "Touchdown heard round the world". 19-10 !!!!!!!!!

Take care, and I would like to read the replies.

GO TEXANS !!!!
regalbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I loved Billy as well but he wasn't being utilized because he couldn't block. Every time he was in the game they covered him as a WR. I'd rather have Gaffney or Armstrong in instead of him.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Murphy either though.
Old 09-20-2005   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 156418 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Miller dropped a critical pass for the Browns on Sunday. He isn't coming back and he wasn't all that productive with 3 TD's a year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #4
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Miller dropped a critical pass for the Browns on Sunday. He isn't coming back and he wasn't all that productive with 3 TD's a year.
Yep, a very critical pass. The Browns are lucky they still won the game after that.

I do believe he's a good player, but if he keeps doing that, Romeo won't let him see the field.
Old 09-20-2005   #5
Texans Honk
Rookie

Should have never got rid of him.
Old 09-20-2005   #6
texanfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
I loved Billy as well but he wasn't being utilized because he couldn't block. Every time he was in the game they covered him as a WR. I'd rather have Gaffney or Armstrong in instead of him.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Murphy either though.
At least Murphy has gotten us some first downs and he blocked Porter well against the Steelers. You probably didn't see him wide open in the end zone on Sunday either. That would have given us 7 easily.
texanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #7
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I, for one, hope it's too late ...
Old 09-20-2005   #8
Cheroqui
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regalbeagle
Don't get me wrong folks, I love the Texans....but Billy Miller was essential to catching those short picks into the endzones.

He was also a fan favorite too. I don't have to mention the "Touchdown heard round the world". 19-10 !!!!!!!!!

Take care, and I would like to read the replies.

GO TEXANS !!!!
I honestly don't think we use our TE's enough to even know if they can catch, make plays, and block. So we won't find out if we should have kept Billy. Like I said before. A number of games lost last year were to teams that killed us with their TE! Not saying we have a prime time TE (maybe don't know it if we don't use them), but they help. Remember the Green Bay game? I just think if we can get the TE's in the game, we can probably get them to produce. It almost seems like alot of teams defenses ignore the TE as a playmaker because I swear I don't see heavy coverage on the TE's that are good like Gonzales, Shockey, Gates, Franks, McMichael, etc. Well at least with Shockey; teams know the Giants are going to get him the ball and let him run a route in zone, rather than than cover him man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read