Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-26-2011   #81
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If CB Nnamdis Asomugha signed Texans

I would move to Houston, buy season tickets for the first time, buy all the Texans gear that will fit me (which I don't normally bother to), pay for Sunday ticket, NFL TV whatever all over the place (which I don't currently do), continue to pay for NFL.com season pass, playoffs, Superbowl, etc., give all the rest of my money to Bob's church, and have a daughter who will grow up to be hot and marry Bob's son or grandson (whatever), and there's like 100 trillion Texans fans who would do the same.

Otherwise, me and 100 trillion other fans will continue to be cheapskates. Your choice, Bobby.

Oh, and if ya get Cromartie too, I'll buy ya a beer or somethin'.

PS-some of these promises are contingent on my actually making money and actually getting laid...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011   #82
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'll be watching & rooting for the Texans next season. It's what I do. However, if it weren't for the Wade Phillips acquisition, & the defense heavy draft, I'd have little reason to believe next year would be different.

So I'm already excited & if we sign Nmandi, I'll be extremely excited.
I will be watching and rooting, but that does not mean I am subject to blind faith when someone has shown me who they are.

The Texans are like the chic who keeps promising ...well ya know, but when it comes time to ya know, something comes up (and not even always her fault). At some point, sweet talk and sexier night gowns are not enough. The ya know has to happen. If you keep dating this chic it has to some reason beyond the ya know since you are not getting as much satisfaction that's being implied or directly promised.

I mean if you are happy being blue over and over, there nothing really I say to change your mind, but I rather delay the excitement until the prospects of ya know are real(not just looking better), especially when I have had repeated disappointment.
Old 06-26-2011   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I will be watching and rooting, but that does not mean I am subject to blind faith when someone has shown me who they are.

The Texans are like the chic who keep promising ...well ya know, but when it comes time to ya know, something comes up (and not even always her fault). At some point, sweet talk and sexier night gowns are not enough. The ya know has to happen. If you keep dating this chic it has to some reason beyond the ya know since you are not getting as much satisfaction that's being implied or directly promised.

I mean if you are happy being blue over and over, there nothing really I say to change your mind, but I rather delay the excitement until the prospects of ya know are real(not just looking better), especially when I have had repeated disappointment.
Don't know if I can relate to your analogy. As the father of 3 daughters, I support & respect girls who stand behind no-sex-before-marriage principals. If it's time for you to move on to another girl..... move on to another girl.

As far as blind-faith goes, there's nothing blind about my faith in the Texans.

This is a journey. I'm excited about what we've done so far & I'll be ecstatic if they sign Nnamdi.
Old 06-26-2011   #84
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
TK there are posters who I think would be glad to get Asomugha but would then say, "Well, it doesn't guarantee a SB so McNair has to do more."
Agreed

If they didn't make the playoffs after signing Aso Billionaire BoBBY would have to fire Rick and Gary?

Nah, they are GM/HC for life. Or until their contracts run out. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011   #85
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't know if I can relate to your analogy. As the father of 3 daughters, I support & respect girls who stand behind no-sex-before-marriage principals. If it's time for you to move on to another girl..... move on to another girl.

As far as blind-faith goes, there's nothing blind about my faith in the Texans.

This is a journey. I'm excited about what we've done so far & I'll be ecstatic if they sign Nnamdi.
I will leave my analogy and your comments as is, because this not a moral issue about your daughters. If that is your familys' real choices I respect that.

Part of a sports' fan journey (for me) is the loss of real faith, but still following anyway(hope). Current example is the Dallas Mavericks. They had disappointed the DFW fans so much, that as many fans if not most thought they would not get out of the 1st round against Portand. The Mavericks by actually winning in each round earned the trust of the fans by results. That's where the Texans are for me: I am following because that's what I do, but for true excitement, you have to show me.
Old 06-26-2011   #86
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just for clarification:

Do I like the chances of the Texans chances of being good with Wade more than any of the previous DCs? Of course, he has a clear record of being able to put together good ( not great) NFL defenses.

Do I like the chances of the Texans being good with Nnamdi than with any other free agent corner back? Of course, he has been either the best or 2nd best CB in the league by all accounts for the last 5 years or so. Still how much has he helped Oakland's bottonmline as a team?

Do I like the overall draft of the Texans? Yes, but they are rookies and expecting them to be better than people who have at least proven they stay on an NFL roster is always shaky. I am hoping but that's all.

Until the Texans break their mediocore overall behavior, there is not a reason for me to expect more than some teasing at goodness and mediocore results. This dude or that move can't override multiple years of the same darn thing under Smithiak. More hopeful, yes. Actually excited, no.
Well there you go and thanks for admitting it. If we sign ASO I will much more than greatly excited and that would be before down one.
Old 06-26-2011   #87
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Exactly. Totally agree.

Sung to the tune of Aretha Franklin's "Respect"....

R-E-S-U-L-T-S...

That is the big ultimate test.
Sort of "I really like my new girlfriend but I ain't getting too excited until I know the results and she better not expect to much in bennies just because she knows she can get them elsewhere."
Old 06-26-2011   #88
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well there you go and thanks for admitting it. If we sign ASO I will much more than greatly excited and that would be before down one.
I think I would have an Aso jersey before Aso has an Aso jersey.
Old 06-26-2011   #89
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

The Texans are like the chic who keeps promising ...well ya know, but when it comes time to ya know, something comes up (and not even always her fault). At some point, sweet talk and sexier night gowns are not enough. The ya know has to happen. If you keep dating this chic it has to some reason beyond the ya know since you are not getting as much satisfaction that's being implied or directly promised.

AT, side note here, do you evaluate your women on "potential"? lol
Old 06-26-2011   #90
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
I think I would have an Aso jersey before Aso has an Aso jersey.
"must spread rep before...." but I like it.
Old 06-26-2011   #91
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Why should I not "admit" it? It is a stronger position than placing faith in a single player making a difference. I want results no matter what Nnamdi does either in signing with the Texans or on the field. Some of you are in too much of Nnamdis or bust mode. The choice is not the Texans to sign him. He chooses us or not for whatever reason he and his family believes. And remember the Raiders have been awful with his being one of the best, its about the total product.
Old 06-26-2011   #92
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
AT, side note here, do you evaluate your women on "potential"? lol
Well, I have been locked into (married) to one woman for quite awhile now.

Edit: And she 'drafted" me much more on potential than I her. She was pretty much a sure thing.
Old 06-26-2011   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why should I not "admit" it? It is a stronger position than placing faith in a single player making a difference. I want results no matter what Nnamdi does either in signing with the Texans or on the field. Some of you are in too much of Nnamdis or bust mode. The choice is not the Texans to sign him. He chooses us or not for whatever reason he and his family believes. And remember the Raiders have been awful with his being one of the best, its about the total product.
Agreed

This yr Billionaire BoBBY isn't going to be able to pull this we're on the right track crap. Even novice fans such as my wife are questioning your motives and why I'm wasting time and $$$$ on an owner that winning is secondary to the bottom line.

It's win or you're going to be compared to Bottom Line Bud. So you better be on the right track.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Why should I not "admit" it? It is a stronger position than placing faith in a single player making a difference..
To be fair, I've never said anything about one player.

Wade Phillips

Defensive draft

Nnamdi Asomugha
Old 06-26-2011   #95
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
To be fair, I've never said anything about one player.

Wade Phillips

Defensive draft

Nnamdi Asomugha
please, please, please
Old 06-28-2011   #96
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Mortensen tweet (appxtly. 11:30 pm Monday night):

Quote:
@mortreport RT @Josh_Hagstrom: @mortreport I see Houston Texans in running. #wadesdefense >> I think Nnamdi/Texans would be a really good match about an hour ago

Can Bob pull that trigger? Can he tie up the money in one guy?

Or does he pass it up with the idea that Wade can make magic out of average players and/or discover talent the way Kubiak did for the offense?
Old 06-28-2011   #97
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Can Bob pull that trigger? Can he tie up the money in one guy?Or does he pass it up with the idea that Wade can make magic out of average players and/or discover talent the way Kubiak did for the offense?
I don't see it happening. I'm not up to date on where we stand/stood in relation to cap room but all that's allegedly changing anyway. If it were to change in a way that would allow that move and resigning the current players we need to keep and get a quality safety, then sure, why not.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #98
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
@mortreport RT @Josh_Hagstrom: @mortreport I see Houston Texans in running. #wadesdefense >> I think Nnamdi/Texans would be a really good match

Or does he pass it up with the idea that Wade can make magic out of average players and/or discover talent the way Kubiak did for the offense?

Thanks Mort. It's like someone telling you it would be awesome for you to get and iPad2 for Christmas...then when you open up your present Christmas morning, it's an Etch-a-Sketch.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #99
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:

I think everyone sees Asomugha as a good fit, but does everything else fit Nnamdi's scenaro of where he wants to play? It has beenrumored he wants $15m a year. If that is true, I say welcome aboard Mr. Asomugha.
Old 06-28-2011   #100
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think everyone sees Asomugha as a good fit, but does everything else fit Nnamdi's scenaro of where he wants to play? It has beenrumored he wants $15m a year. If that is true, I say welcome aboard Mr. Asomugha.
I've been reading a hell of a lot more about the Eagles and Aso than the Texans fwiw.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read