Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #21
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

We finally got a sack. And it was Peek, thank goodness, because my boyfriend and I have an over/under bet with each other about his season sack total.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #22
TMC
Rookie

I thought that Greenwood played a monster game today. He seemed to be everywhere that Parker went. I was beginning to think the Texans were having Greenwood spy him. Parker only had 111 yards on 25 carries, which is not bad, but it sure as hell beats 161 yards on 22 carries. He did not once gash the Texans for a big run. Not once. His longest carry was 19 yards. He had @3 plays against the Titans for more than 30 yards.

And, for what its worth, the Steelers lost Burress last season but picked up Cedric Wilson. With Wilson and Heath Miller, we can throw out 4-5 good WRs....and Ward, El, and Wilson are shifty veterans that can turn corners and get open. When you are running that many veterans at a secondary and giving a QB time, it is tough to stop him cold.

In short, your defense played better than the Titans....and they beat the **** out of the Ravens today. If you had the Ravens today, I think it would have been a closer game....within a TD. If your offense caught some fire, I think you could beat them. I think you could handle Cleveland. You are in a tough division.

Hang in there fellas. You have some good players. I am beginning to think that just changes coaches (because something NEEDS to change) is the answer.
Old 09-18-2005   #23
samomin
Veteran

Chad Stanley's punting.
samomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #24
Davis37
All Pro

The one good thing I spotted during the game was when Carr had time, he made some nice throws. Early in the 2nd half he moved the ball down the field and scored. Im glad Palmer is gone, and maybe Pendry will have enough sense to call max protect now and again to keep Carr on his feet and make some big plays.
Old 09-20-2005   #25
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
The Cheerleaders were hot.
LOL, was thinking the same thing. Also Toro chasing that Pitt fan through the stadium and then swinging down on the cables before the game was very interesting...
Old 09-20-2005   #26
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

My Steeler friends buying my beers because they felt sorry for me. The albino mullet in the front row said it best. "I look bad? Have you seen your f'ing team?"

Other than that, anytime we did not get a delay of game.
Old 09-20-2005   #27
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been able to review the first half so far. Being at the game doesn't always allow me the opportunity to focus on specifics, so it takes a 2nd and often 3rd viewing. That can be hard to stomach, but here are some positives I saw:

In 2 of the 4 1st half possessions the Texans showed the ability to move the ball. The 2nd drive wasn't long, but it was stopped with a drop that Bradford catches 8/10 times and would have put the Texans in field goal range. The 3rd drive also showed the ability to move the ball. The Texans once again got into Kris Brown's range, but the sack moved them back. The sack by Polamalu should be counted towards nobody. The dude turned around and pretended to drop into coverage at the snap and then sprinted past everyone. Wade was already turned to help Weigert and in 2 seconds Polamalu was on Carr. The ball had barely reached him. I don't know if Michael Johnson can run that fast.

Carr threw a 1st down pass to a TE.
Carr looked at more receivers than Andre.
The receivers were getting open.
Only one turnover for the game. It was very costly, but it was just the one.

Overall, I'm still not pleased, but not every possession is going to end up with points (well, the Steelers tried.) The Texans need to finish those drives and they'll find a way to win some games.

Last edited by TexanBacker93; 09-20-2005 at 02:07 AM.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read