Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-20-2011   #21
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dear Mr Mcnair, us real Texan fans don't really want Aso or a real vet CB!

u know i dont worry about this stuff they dont pay me to scout talent if we get ASO cool but sadly the texans dont have a good track record of picking the right Free agents not the worst but deff not the best

TBO im sure our front office and coaches have gone over the Free agent landscape this year a zillion timed map dat shit graphed dat shit and all that

once FA starts then they will implament there plan like they do every year

so no use overthinking this
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #22
rarazz00
VOLUME 10

Rep Power: 114 rarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respectedrarazz00 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dear Mr Mcnair, us real Texan fans don't really want Aso or a real vet CB!

Sign him BOB

Last edited by rarazz00; 06-20-2011 at 08:14 PM.
rarazz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #23
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
If the Texans don't make a serious effort to sign Aso then in my opinion the Texans haven't made a serious effort to be a winning football team and that will say everything I need to hear about them. This isn't something you miscalculate or "should have tried harder to do" after the fact. If they can't see what adding this man to a football team does then they're nothing less than a lost cause.

Trying and failing I can accept. Making no effort, or some sort of token effort to get him though would be an insult to everyone who ever spent a dime on anything related to this team.
I agree with you 100% but lets be real here Herv...

Anything short of getting him and you will be mad. If its between us and Dallas and Jerrah wins (strictly hypothetical), most of you guys will yell about how Bob didnt open his check book enough and how they were just trying to show the fans that they just wanted us to know that they were trying and really had no intention of getting him. Thats the truth, no hard feelings but if this doesnt sum you up, it sums many of the people on this board up.

Sorry if this came across offensive because I dont mean to be. Its just how I see things on this little message board from time to time...
Old 06-20-2011   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'd rather have J. Joseph or Brandon Carr plus $4+ million extra cap room the next 5 or 6 years... Or, Brent Grimes/Richard Marshall/Antonio Cromartie/Chris Carr/etc... and an extra $6 million or more in cap room.
Unless you can identify who you are going to go after with the extra cap space it is just a waste of money sitting in the bank. Asomugha is arguably the best corner in NFL, not the best FA CB but the best at position. He has no injury history and is in his prime, none of the other corners meet two let alone three of these. He is way better than his closest FA corner competition. He does not just fill a starter's role but locks it down for next 3 probably four years. He also fills a hole on our roster on one of the worst defenses in NFL.

I don't want two sorta good players when I can get the best. He would also be a statement to team, coaches, opponents and importantly the fans, from McNair, especially coming off a lockout.
Old 06-20-2011   #25
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

It would totally stink if a team like the Lions outbid Houston for ASO or Cromartie.
Old 06-21-2011   #26
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1809 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
It would totally stink if a team like the Lions outbid Houston for ASO or Cromartie.
It would be awesome If we got out bid for Cromartie. Just as long as our true target is aso and we land him!
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #27
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i dont really care if we get ASO hes the big name that will come with a big price tag

i just think we need any good Vet CB why do yall guyz always want the top projected Free agent ???

with the price of ASO we could prob get Two Veteran CB instead
Well said. I mean afterall, we aren't just "one player" away on this defense from fielding a strong unit, so lets use those bucks to get multiple players who can help us, perhaps even multiple defensive starters, but atleast a single solid vet CB to start and lead the secondary.
And don't forget, having those all-important edge-rushers for our 3-4 is still an unknown since the players we are looking to most, Mario and Barwin, are still largely untested @ OLB ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #28
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Well said. I mean afterall, we aren't just "one player" away on this defense from fielding a strong unit, so lets use those bucks to get multiple players who can help us, perhaps even multiple defensive starters, but atleast a single solid vet CB to start and lead the secondary.
And don't forget, having those all-important edge-rushers for our 3-4 is still an unknown since the players we are looking to most, Mario and Barwin, are still largely untested @ OLB ?
Perhaps it isn't sane, but I have total confidence in Barwin's ability to excel in the 3-4. I'll be shocked if he enters the season healthy and is not a dominant force on the defense: 10+ sacks... and that's despite the fact that the coaches drafted Brooks Reed as direct competition with him.
Old 06-21-2011   #29
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Jonathen Joseph is going to get his market value then re-sign with Cinci for a little over that
Old 06-21-2011   #30
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans allowed foes to complete 64.7 percent of their throws last year

Of all the stats I've seen regarding how bad our secondary was last year, nothing really put it in perspective like that. Just wow...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #31
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps it isn't sane, but I have total confidence in Barwin's ability to excel in the 3-4. I'll be shocked if he enters the season healthy and is not a dominant force on the defense: 10+ sacks... and that's despite the fact that the coaches drafted Brooks Reed as direct competition with him.
Actually I'm inclined to agree with you to a certain extent, as I feel that Mario is more of a question mark at OLB than Barwin ? Afterall we know that Barwin can effectively rush the QB in the NFL since he got 4 or 5 sacks his rookie year in a part-time role, and when coming out of Cinci he was projected as more of a 3-4 'backer than a down lineman. But when it comes to Barwin, I am most concerned about his complete recovery from last years very severe season-ending injury ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #32
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 7912 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Bob, pay no attention to this thread. If you really want to know what to do then me and you should get together soon. We'll take one of your best luxury cars, pick up a couple of hookers, get some blow...man, me and you could knock out a gameplan for this franchise so easily. PM when you're ready.
must.spread..
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011   #33
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we got Aso, that number could grow...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read