Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 07-29-2004   #1
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Default DD getting pumped

has anyone else hear the rumors of DD getting jpumped up in the off season, because it could be like david boston and slow down or he just could be faster.
F-minus67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #2
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

as long as he hasnt lost his flexibility and the weight increase is muscle rather than fat......im not concerned about it.

if it was a substancial weight increase we would of heard about it before now.

and how much does it matter? speed isnt his key assest.
Old 07-29-2004   #3
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I read that he said he did pump up and it was to increase durability and power into the hole. Sounds good to me.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #4
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

as stated before, if he can still be as fast that would be great because now he'd be a bruiser
Old 07-29-2004   #5
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Yes he has pumped up but Carr did too after his rookie season, I really dont think that he gained so much weight that it will decrease his speed, hopefully he gained more leg strenghth and will end up faster.
Old 07-29-2004   #6
hook'em07carter
Rookie

i wouldnt mind having a alstott(but faster) running the ball for us
hook'em07carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Yes he has pumped up but Carr did too after his rookie season, I really dont think that he gained so much weight that it will decrease his speed, hopefully he gained more leg strenghth and will end up faster.
Being fast is god-given, being quick is something you work at. He wont get any faster then he already is.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2004   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Two things for sure. He isn't going to get faster and he isn't going to become a big 250 pound back like Alstott.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #9
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

no kidding, but you CAN get faster with weights. Thats what they did with gaffney. he wasnt the fastest person but the strength and conditioning coaches worked with him and worked on his hamstring explosiveness and worked on his stride and in turn, he GAINED speed. But i do agree that you are born fast, but you can gain speed.
Beastlyman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #10
DominatorDavis
Veteran

I can assure you guys that Dominick has been working out in the offseason.
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #11
chicagotexan
All Pro

DoubleD is getting pumped to withstand the pounding he have to take. Boston got pumped because he's a sissyboy, nipple pierced, colored contact wearing sissy boy.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #12
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

well put. Davis boston is just OL that runs a 4.6.
Old 07-30-2004   #13
Beastlyman2003
Veteran

why dont they just put david boston at tight end? then they would have enterchangable tight ends. McMichael & Boston
Old 07-30-2004   #14
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs to get stronger coming into his second season as a pro. He needs to stay healthy and strong the whole year for us and I'm sure he learned something from David Carr, who looked more buffed up last year.
Old 07-30-2004   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I am sure Capers has weight goals they have to meet by the time they report to camp so I don't fear him getting too fat or slow or anything.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004   #16
Texansbacker
Veteran

I think we will see a greatly improved DD now that he has had a full NFL offseason, along with hopefully a full training camp. He should be stronger, in better shape and therefore more durable; and he should be quicker physically and mentally. Add to that an improved offensive line, ditto to fullback Moran Norris(as he will be a year wiser and better conditioned) and the end result is the breakout runningback-of-the-year. I cannot wait. My buddy in New Orleans told me last year after the draft, when the Texans picked up Domanick, to watch out for DD as he was the real deal even though he didn't start in college, and then after Davis got hurt in camp I kind of forgot about him and hoping Stacy Mack could do the job......which he didn't. When DD returned from injury and replaced Mack, he proceeded to have numerous games over a 100 yards, running over people and into the endzone, I then became a believer. Those of you who are not believers yet, you will be by the end of this season. Bank on it.
Texansbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004   #17
caspian
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to caspian Send a message via AIM to caspian Send a message via MSN to caspian Send a message via Yahoo to caspian

One can improve both, but one can't work on quickness any more than one can work on speed. The raw capacity for quickness (quick-twitch muscles) are just as God-given as speed. In fact, they are largely related.
caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004   #18
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Larry Bird was quick, not fast. Quickness is often more important than speed. DD seems to have that intangible ability to make quick decisions in the line of fire. That too is god given and most don't have that ability. That's one of the talents of ES and other great backs. They know where its going to happen before it happens. They see the holes developing and time the hit accordingly. There's no question that DD will be a marked back by the other team. I will agree with others that this will be a defining year for DD. If he has a good to great year, then I think we will all be able to say he was the steal of last year's draft.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read