Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-13-2011   #41
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: If CB Nnamdis Asomugha signed Texans

Guys all it takes is one team to get caught so not a bright idea.
Old 06-13-2011   #42
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Assenine to say the least...
This is one of those sentences you want to make sure you spell correctly.
Old 06-13-2011   #43
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Another Nnamdi masturbation thread??

Hopefully this is the last one, because there has been nothing in the Texans history to suggest that they'll pony up the cash and the salesmanship to bring him here. It's not going to happen under the current management this organization has and this is just a waste of time as far as realistic conversation goes. Hell, even bringing Cromartie here is a long shot that has very little % chance of happening. People need to drop this idea of Nnamdi unless they're just looking for disappointment.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #44
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Hopefully this is the last one, because there has been nothing in the Texans history to suggest that they'll pony up the cash and the salesmanship to bring him here. It's not going to happen under the current management this organization has and this is just a waste of time as far as realistic conversation goes. Hell, even bringing Cromartie here is a long shot that has very little % chance of happening. People need to drop this idea of Nnamdi unless they're just looking for disappointment.
Hey, I'm still willing to masturbate online, even without an asomugha signing.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #45
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 20242 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Damnit....

Asinine.
Old 06-13-2011   #46
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can't believe all those silly children believing in Santa Clause. It is just simply impossible for such a thing to happen and I can not wait until next Christmas so I can inform those who want to believe how silly they are. WHere would they be without me putting in my two cents?
Old 06-13-2011   #47
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

I like laughter.
Old 06-13-2011   #48
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I can't believe all those silly children believing in Santa Clause. It is just simply impossible for such a thing to happen and I can not wait until next Christmas so I can inform those who want to believe how silly they are. WHere would they be without me putting in my two cents?
Comparing a religious holiday that children get excited for like Sesame Street or the Easter Bunny to the idea of a franchise who has made it known that they're strictly a build through the draft team and has proven that through several off seasons and has an owner that has stated they won't do anything crazy as far as free agency goes, well it's not closely related at all. There has already been like 12 Aso threads where the same things are discussed and it's so highly unlikely at this stage of this franchise under what they've proven they will and won't do in the off season. The Santa Claus analogy doesn't fit here.

The sad part that everyone in here seems to be missing is that our star WR who is a quiet guy does a lot more recruiting and makes way more attempts at trying to attract other players here than our own GM and HC does who are getting paid to be effective in these areas. Andre Johnson has a better chance at getting any of these big time free agents here than the clown we have as a GM.
Old 06-13-2011   #49
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Hey, I'm still willing to masturbate online, even without an asomugha signing.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #50
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Heres Me.

then then then then from disbelief
EllisUnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #51
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Heres Me.

then then then then from disbelief
Just leave the remote where it can be found
Old 06-13-2011   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Comparing a religious holiday that children get excited for like Sesame Street or the Easter Bunny to the idea of a franchise who has made it known that they're strictly a build through the draft team and has proven that through several off seasons and has an owner that has stated they won't do anything crazy as far as free agency goes, well it's not closely related at all. There has already been like 12 Aso threads where the same things are discussed and it's so highly unlikely at this stage of this franchise under what they've proven they will and won't do in the off season. The Santa Claus analogy doesn't fit here.

The sad part that everyone in here seems to be missing is that our star WR who is a quiet guy does a lot more recruiting and makes way more attempts at trying to attract other players here than our own GM and HC does who are getting paid to be effective in these areas. Andre Johnson has a better chance at getting any of these big time free agents here than the clown we have as a GM.
The comparison was not Christmas to Texans franchise rather you to a grinch that wants to bust others bubble. Man, I respect your views but this thread was not about whether ASO could come here but if he did what would fans opinions be. If you do not like content of thread rather than crap on the thread just back out and move on to next thread. It is like you just have to be negative. We know you POV just like we know what it is on Yao Ming.
Old 06-13-2011   #53
gary
Hall of Fame

BB, just know I don't mind the thread it give me hope and something to pass the time.
Old 06-13-2011   #54
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Rep if I could.

"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell" - Harry S. Truman
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #55
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Regarding Aso.....well, I'd like to give it a try. It could only make us better. If Uncle Bob wants to throw down the cash, I'd fully support his efforts.

"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell" - Harry S. Truman
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #56
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The comparison was not Christmas to Texans franchise rather you to a grinch that wants to bust others bubble. Man, I respect your views but this thread was not about whether ASO could come here but if he did what would fans opinions be. If you do not like content of thread rather than crap on the thread just back out and move on to next thread. It is like you just have to be negative. We know you POV just like we know what it is on Yao Ming.
Didn't bust any bubble. It's quite obvious that any fan would be ecstatic if the Texans signed the best CB in the league. I mean, what fan wouldn't be happy about their team signing a quality guy like that? It's a rhetorical question. I know it's the off season, but how many threads are going to exist on a guy that the Texans clearly won't pay for where the same discussion takes place over and over?

Quote:
It is like you just have to be negative.
Replace negative with "realistic" and this is a true statement.

Quote:
We know you POV just like we know what it is on Yao Ming.
And how did Yao Ming work out for Houston fans? Not exactly a good example for you to use in this instance considering the guy's career. Call it negative all you want, but "realistically" Yao never proved me wrong and gave fans false hopes for years and set the Rockets back many years just as I said he would. Sorry, you didn't like the lack of optimism regarding a guy who was a lemon here for years, but Houston fans that put all the hopes and dreams in that guy got a big bag of disappointment year after year. I choose not to go down that path when I see enough signs that indicate a very low probability surrounding a player or situation regarding a team.
Old 06-14-2011   #57
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Given that the current circumstance is AJ is allowed to talk to other players and the Texans can't this is an off-base comment.
Old 06-14-2011   #58
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bottom line

Billionaire Bobby aint gonna pony up the cash for ASO.

But he will keep worshiping at the altar of the cash cow that is known as the Houston Texans.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #59
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bottom line

Billionaire Bobby aint gonna pony up the cash for ASO.

But he will keep worshiping at the altar of the cash cow that is known as the Houston Texans.
No offense, but that's such a lame argument. It's old. McNair has money, and has spent it if he thinks it's necessary. If Gary Kubiak told McNair that every single player needed a million dollar diamond earring in order to win, McNair would write a check in three seconds.

McNair isn't cheap. He's just overly loyal and not very competitive in spirit. There's a difference.

The problem is, McNair looks at teams like Pittsburg and New England, and think: "Hmm. They've never spent big money on free agents. They build slowly through the draft. That's what I'm going to do."

The problem with that line of thinking is that Pittsburg and New England have VERY high standards for players and coaches. The things we tolerate here won't be tolerated there. The result is a culture of WINNING within both franchises, which makes it easier to recruit high caliber players and coaches.

The irony is, if McNair had a bit more of a mean streak in him and raised the bar for his employees, he wouldn't HAVE to spend a lot of money.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #60
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
No offense, but that's such a lame argument. It's old. McNair has money, and has spent it if he thinks it's necessary. If Gary Kubiak told McNair that every single player needed a million dollar diamond earring in order to win, McNair would write a check in three seconds.

McNair isn't cheap. He's just overly loyal and not very competitive in spirit. There's a difference.

The problem is, McNair looks at teams like Pittsburg and New England, and think: "Hmm. They've never spent big money on free agents. They build slowly through the draft. That's what I'm going to do."

The problem with that line of thinking is that Pittsburg and New England have VERY high standards for players and coaches. The things we tolerate here won't be tolerated there. The result is a culture of WINNING within both franchises, which makes it easier to recruit high caliber players and coaches.

The irony is, if McNair had a bit more of a mean streak in him and raised the bar for his employees, he wouldn't HAVE to spend a lot of money.
I think it is more of a risk factor. Some fans will risk more than others, especially when the result has little impact on us as individuals. Reminds me a bit of politicians who say anything and then when they sit on the throne of power they make different decisions.

I would spend $74 million 5 years of Bob's money for Nnamdi but if ASO gets hurt or has a bad year or two, it is Uncle Bob who looks silly not BADBOY.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read