Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-03-2011   #21
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walterfootball Mock...Texans Fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
From what I'm reading Cameron Jordan kind of reminds me of Antonio Smith (who I like). Is this a fair assumption or am I off base? Primary DE that can be moved inside in some passrushing situations.

Think of this in pure pass rushing downs:

Mario Williams - Cameron Jordan - Antonio Smith - Connor Barwin

With Cushing possibly blitzing. Demeco spying the QB. Asomugha covering the entire right side of the field and then Quin, Jackson, Rookie 2nd round Safety and either Allen or Nolan covering the other side of the field.

WOW!
If we stay at 11 I wouldn't be surprised if Jordans the guy. He's a baller. Heck, a team like SD or NE might trade up for him.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #22
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
From what I'm reading Cameron Jordan kind of reminds me of Antonio Smith (who I like). Is this a fair assumption or am I off base? Primary DE that can be moved inside in some passrushing situations.

Think of this in pure pass rushing downs:

Mario Williams - Cameron Jordan - Antonio Smith - Connor Barwin

With Cushing possibly blitzing. Demeco spying the QB. Asomugha covering the entire right side of the field and then Quin, Jackson, Rookie 2nd round Safety and either Allen or Nolan covering the other side of the field.

WOW!
That's a fair comparison as far as playing style. I think Jordan is a lot more physically gifted though.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011   #23
texanchris
Veteran

Rep Power: 3782 texanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanchris is a quality contributor and well respected

Would be happy if this is how our draft turns out but i have a feeling Smith is going to draft some one no one is really talking about like Ryan kerrigan. They both went to the same college and he has a lot of the characteristics that the texans value in their draft picks.
texanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011   #24
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanchris View Post
Would be happy if this is how our draft turns out but i have a feeling Smith is going to draft some one no one is really talking about like Ryan kerrigan. They both went to the same college and he has a lot of the characteristics that the texans value in their draft picks.
I wouldn't be upset with Kerrigan at all, he's a beast. I would REALLY be happy if we could trade back a couple spots and grab him.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011   #25
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
If I was going to Cherry pick this is what I would tentatively do.

1. Walter: Robert Quinn-OLB
Dopp:J.J. Watt, DE Wisconsin. Quinn is a one year wonder. Watt provides
pressure from the DE spot.

2. Walter: Brandon Harris-CB
Dopp:Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona. I like Harris, but Reed is a very good
OLB and provides additional pressure. Having a front 7 that includes
Watt, Mario, Barwin, Meco, Cush, and Reed is a very stout group and will
be able to put pressure on the QB, tackle, and defend the run.

3. Jerrell Powe-NT
Dopp: Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech. Powe is a bad fit for Wade's
3-4. Carmichael is a solid CB prospect.

4. Deunta Williams-FS
Dopp:Nothing wrong with Williams, a solid pick.

5. Joe Lefeged-S
Dopp:Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame.

Here is one where Doppelganger correctly picks JJ Watt and Brooks Reed(round and player) and is 1 round off on Carmichael!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here is one where Doppelganger correctly picks JJ Watt and Brooks Reed(round and player) and is 1 round off on Carmichael!
EXCELLENT JOB!

the trigger that supported the pick of Watt was decision to move Mario outside. While I understand & will support the move I would prefer a three man front of Mario-Smith-Watt.

love the Brooks pick but thought they would have to trade up to get him & didn't want to get my hopes up. so probably would have gone for Harris in 2nd spot thinking he would still be there. since Texans aquired both no need to go into what if's but I was high on Kenrick Ellis in 3rd.

4th not a huge surprise going rock, he was one of the few rumored to have ties with Texans. if he's anything like Quinn then good move. I probably would have taken Shilo over him but hey they got him in the 5th so we're all happy.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
EXCELLENT JOB!

the trigger that supported the pick of Watt was decision to move Mario outside. While I understand & will support the move I would prefer a three man front of Mario-Smith-Watt.

love the Brooks pick but thought they would have to trade up to get him & didn't want to get my hopes up. so probably would have gone for Harris in 2nd spot thinking he would still be there. since Texans aquired both no need to go into what if's but I was high on Kenrick Ellis in 3rd.

4th not a huge surprise going rock, he was one of the few rumored to have ties with Texans. if he's anything like Quinn then good move. I probably would have taken Shilo over him but hey they got him in the 5th so we're all happy.
I like the Texans draft more every day. Now if we could just bring in Asomugha..
Old 06-10-2011   #28
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

ASO would be the crowning jewel. I would pay money to watch AJ work ASO in practice or vise versa.

Just to add one note. Ourlads rated the Texan draft above average. Only problem with that is they also rated 14 other teams as having above average drafts, which means free agency & signing a player like Nnamdi Asomugha all that more critical to a legitimate breakthrough.

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 06-11-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-11-2011   #29
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ASO would be the crowning jewel. I would pay money to watch AJ work ASO in practice or vise versa.

Just to add one note. Ourlads rated the Texan draft above average. Only problem with that is they also rated 14 other teams as having above average drafts, which means free agency & signing a player like Nnamdi Asomugha all that more critical to a legitimate breakthrough.
I would pay money to watch Aso sit down with Jackson, Harris, Roc, etc and teach them how to play the cb position.

Old 06-11-2011   #30
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14555 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
EXCELLENT JOB!

While I understand & will support the move I would prefer a three man front of Mario-Smith-Watt.
I totally agree. With Brooks, DeMeco, Cushing, Barwin at linebacker & if you can sign ASO,.......... oh my God. That could be one helluva defense.

The Texan Question Marks
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would pay money to watch Aso sit down with Jackson, Harris, Roc, etc and teach them how to play the cb position.
Yep, get a coach and a pro bowl corner in one guy.
Old 06-11-2011   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

well then lads let's get er' done

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 06-12-2011   #33
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
well then lads let's get er' done
I think it would be a good idea for AJ, Meco, Mario to head out to the Redwood National Park. They have all worked hard and it would be good for them to take a little vacation away from the hectic NFL life/training.

While they are out there, if they happen to run into Aso in Oakland, they could always casually mention how much fun it would be to play for a standup organization like the Texans and a real DC like Wade Phillips. They could mention the city would welcome him with open arms and as long he doesn't trip, he will be heralded as a conquering hero

Old 06-12-2011   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it would be a good idea for AJ, Meco, Mario to head out to the Redwood National Park. They have all worked hard and it would be good for them to take a little vacation away from the hectic NFL life/training.

While they are out there, if they happen to run into Aso in Oakland, they could always casually mention how much fun it would be to play for a standup organization like the Texans and a real DC like Wade Phillips. They could mention the city would welcome him with open arms and as long he doesn't trip, he will be heralded as a conquering hero

Tell him that Texas does not have a state income tax, housing costs here are cheap compared with the rest of the country, and gas is a little cheaper than the national average. Not sure if Aso is married or not but tell him that the women in Texas are hot as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #35
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7701 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man who is Doppelganger? I need some advice on Lotto Numbers. That really is impressive and he said he liked Harris also, who would have thought we could get him and the other players. Good Job Predicting and I will be looking for your post next draft.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #36
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7701 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey I just noticed Deunta Williams and Ian Williams was not drafted, We could still get them.
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirbroke View Post
Hey I just noticed Deunta Williams and Ian Williams was not drafted, We could still get them.
I am fan of Deunta Williams also, but the reason that kept Texans (& evidently others) from drafting him stils exists. If Phillips wanted him, an UDFA contract would have been offered first minute it could have been.
Old 06-13-2011   #38
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pfftt. You reached for Carmichael.

Just kidding. Great prognosticating. I'll be checking Doppleganger.com for next years draft info.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #39
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I am fan of Deunta Williams also, but the reason that kept Texans (& evidently others) from drafting him stils exists. If Phillips wanted him, an UDFA contract would have been offered first minute it could have been.
I don't think any UDFAs have had a chance to receive offers since Free Agency will not start until the CBA is completed.
Old 06-13-2011   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I don't think any UDFAs have had a chance to receive offers since Free Agency will not start until the CBA is completed.
That is correct. My bad, but the thought behind my post still stands. D Williams off field rep hurt him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read