Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 06-13-2011   #21
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If CB Nnamdis Asomugha signed Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If he signs we should throw a party at Reliant with Aso, AJ and Mario celebrating our big 3! Then we can let Aso tell us how we're gonna win not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 Super Bowls!!!! It's gonna be awesome!!!!
Screw that, The whole team, cant leave Foster out, so bring them all.
Old 06-13-2011   #22
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I... uh...

you'll be the first to get the link.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, the secondary is the only thing keeping us from the playoffs, and it's been that way for a long time. It would be a sign to me that the organization is getting serious. Sure, he could get injured, Schaub could, Mario (again), Smith, Cushing, Ryans (again), OD (again) etc., so there's no guarantee of anything, but my excitement for this team would be seriously raised.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #24
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there would be a HUGE amount of support for the Texans nationwide, and more importantly, from the home fans in Houston. The fanbase would would be overjoyed that Bob spent the big bucks on the best player available and in my opinion the best CB in the NFL.... which addresses our biggest weakness.

I think Bob bringing in Asomugha AND hiring Wade Phillips as DC in the same offseason would show us all a giant message that he wants to win NOW.

I'd be overjoyed and think this would be the missing piece that pushes us far in the playoffs (let alone just making it). The elephant in the room is can all our players stay healthy??? If so I think it's playoffs easily with a division win. But its the NFL and an injury here or there just puts us back to square 1.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #25
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Look, I typically only like to post facts and try and keep my opinions to myself.....for the most part. I think this thread is completely ridiculous in the fact that you think bringing in the best CB in the game to the NFL's worst secondary would make a "ho-hum" impact on our team.

Absolutely ridiculous and Im glad there isnt a poll for this.

You can put me in the category of nothing short of ecstatic if this happened. Ill take it one step further and say that if we signed ANY of the top 7-8 FA CB's, I would be jumping for joy.

I think we are probably one key acquistion (a shutdown CB) from being in the playoffs. Our offense is shored up. Our front seven is in great shape as far as Im concerned with our young bodies and the new scheme brought in from one of the games best DC's. Its our secondary is what sucks the most and could prove to be our downfall.....unless we sign Nnamdi.

Assenine to say the least...

If you would read any of the other "Ill give my first born child to get Nnamdi" threads out there, you would have seen the answer to your head scratcher.
Old 06-13-2011   #26
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Look, I typically only like to post facts and try and keep my opinions to myself.....for the most part. I think this thread is completely ridiculous in the fact that you think bringing in the best CB in the game to the NFL's worst secondary would make a "ho-hum" impact on our team.

You can put me in the category of nothing short of ecstatic if this happened. Ill take it one step further and say that if we signed ANY of the top 7-8 FA CB's, I would be jumping for joy.

I think we are probably one key acquistion (a shutdown CB) from being in the playoffs. Our offense is shored up. Our front seven is in great shape as far as Im concerned with our young bodies and the new scheme brought in from one of the games best DC's. Its our secondary is what sucks the most and could prove to be our downfall.....unless we sign Nnamdi.

If you would read any of the other "Ill give my first born child to get Nnamdi" threads out there, you would have seen the answer to your head scratcher.
All I am saying is, let's not act like Miami Heat fans and hold the victory party before the season begins (if we get him). It will be exciting, yes, but then we have to wait and see how all the pieces fit together.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #27
2slik4u
All Pro

Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
All I am saying is, let's not act like Miami Heat fans and hold the victory party before the season begins (if we get him). It will be exciting, yes, but then we have to wait and see how all the pieces fit together.
That goes without saying, but being "ho-hum" on the biggest FA signing in the entire NFL this year AND in our entire franchises history would warrant a little more than "ho-hum".

Not hating on you, just saying...there would be plenty to be excited about IF we got Nnamdi.
Old 06-13-2011   #28
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That goes without saying, but being "ho-hum" on the biggest FA signing in the entire NFL this year AND in our entire franchises history would warrant a little more than "ho-hum".

Not hating on you, just saying...there would be plenty to be excited about IF we got Nnamdi.
I am not saying I would be ho hum. I would be excited. But, I wouldn't be booking my hotel room in Indy just yet.

I fell into that trap last year, when, while walking into the Cowboy game, me and a buddy were having a serious discussion about whether we would drive up to Dallas for the Super Bowl or fly.

Nope, not doing that again. They have to prove something to me.
Old 06-13-2011   #29
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I think there would be a HUGE amount of support for the Texans nationwide, and more importantly, from the home fans in Houston. The fanbase would would be overjoyed that Bob spent the big bucks on the best player available and in my opinion the best CB in the NFL.... which addresses our biggest weakness.

I think Bob bringing in Asomugha AND hiring Wade Phillips as DC in the same offseason would show us all a giant message that he wants to win NOW.

I'd be overjoyed and think this would be the missing piece that pushes us far in the playoffs (let alone just making it). The elephant in the room is can all our players stay healthy??? If so I think it's playoffs easily with a division win. But its the NFL and an injury here or there just puts us back to square 1.
The best teams overcome this factor of football.
Old 06-13-2011   #30
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The best teams overcome this factor of football.
Exactly. Injuries happen.
Old 06-13-2011   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As you now see there are other opinions on the MB besides yours and that is why I posted the thread. Probably surprises you but people can express themselves and should be able to wthout you calling them names.
Old 06-13-2011   #32
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I would go bananas! The exact opposite of my fury at last year and how WR's like Ajiritoutou from SD burned up or D like he was Jerry Rice for a career 2 TD day!!!

The anger I had at that game and the rest of the season....this would flip that to the polar opposite.

It would be the 1st time in the Texans off season history and maybe history in general where my BP would sky rocket and I'd start having chest pains and hyperventilating for a GOOD reason.

Unfortunately Kubes and the Denny's menu will still be there during the season to counter weight this....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #33
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

How exactly does signing Aso help the terrible play calling by Kubiak again? Am I missing something here??
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #34
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Exactly. Injuries happen.
They are not just not going to happen.
Old 06-13-2011   #35
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
i'd stream a live feed of me masterbating online...

and of course you would all be invited to watch.
I didn't realize you were a Texan fan Congressman Weiner
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #36
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm...if Nnamdi signed with the Texans, I think I'd be perfectly ok. NFL is a business after all so I shouldn't feel too bad about it...

Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #37
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 3571 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Assenine is the right word considering we're staring down not even having a season. I hope the Texans aren't playing nice and are contacting free agents behind closed doors and getting deals done even though they aren't supposed to be. We all know that's not what's happening though. Aso will end up a Jet, Redskin, Cowboy etc. right at 12:01 AM the moment the lockout is lifted.
Old 06-13-2011   #38
2slik4u
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
As you now see there are other opinions on the MB besides yours and that is why I posted the thread. Probably surprises you but people can express themselves and should be able to wthout you calling them names.
For starters, I dont recall calling anyone any names. Chill out. On another note, go back to the other Nnamdi thread and you can do your poll by reading through all the posts and pages. Im sure not everyone agrees with me that it would be exciting to see him come here but I could probably bet the majority (95% or better) of this message board will be jumping for joy and have many positive things to say about it.

Go ahead and count up the other 5% + - if need be.

Sorry if it feels like Im jumping on you but I dont mean to be. This offseason has been ridiculously slow due to the lockout and I (as well as everyone else) am looking for something worth while to talk about. Starting another discussion about NA coming here and whether or not it would be a great move didnt strike me as that. Once again, just my opinion. I try not to post opinion on here as there are many others who do that and Im sure you guys care as much about mine as I do about yours. I try to post fact and information as much as possible, this being one of the times I didnt.

Post on bro, dont let a sour apple like me stop you. You just gotta be prepared when someone like myself shares a strong opinion on something like this.
Old 06-13-2011   #39
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Assenine is the right word considering we're staring down not even having a season. I hope the Texans aren't playing nice and are contacting free agents behind closed doors and getting deals done even though they aren't supposed to be. We all know that's not what's happening though. Aso will end up a Jet, Redskin, Cowboy etc. right at 12:01 AM the moment the lockout is lifted.
So it's ok with you for Texans to cheat, get caught and maybe have to give up a first round selection in next draft and NFL void the FA deal?
Old 06-13-2011   #40
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I would say yes to that.

I know I know I don't have a link but I know someone who was pretty close to the DRob situation and before the deadline of free agency (before he franchised the first time) he had two deals worked out, one with Atlanta and one with the Jets and both were paying him more than Chris Gamble with a lot more guarantee money. That's why DRob got so pissed off.

Teams are dealing behind closed doors all day everyday. Fat Al is another example. How do you put a $100 million dollar deal together 1 minute into free agency?

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read