Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2005   #41
Austin_Texans_Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
No, probably not, I am just saying booing them will not help their confidence.
Help their confidence? What is this a football game or a therapy session?

They are paid damn good money to play a game, if their delicate psyches can't handle it then they need to get into another profession.
Austin_Texans_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #42
playoff year please
Veteran

If you buy something and it doesn't work for longer than a week, you take it back and get a refund (especially Wal-Mart). We can't get a refund on the PSL, the tickets, the $5 flat coke or the however much the people who drink spend on the beer. So we must call for the problem to be fixed. The players and coaches could refund us, that would be best. How great would it be if a team said free drinks for the next game if we lose. To be more realistic, how about 1.50 cokes, 1.50 hot dogs 2.50 beers and 1.00 ice cream if we lose.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #43
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If you buy something and it doesn't work for longer than a week, you take it back and get a refund (especially Wal-Mart). We can't get a refund on the PSL, the tickets, the $5 flat coke or the however much the people who drink spend on the beer. So we must call for the problem to be fixed. The players and coaches could refund us, that would be best. How great would it be if a team said free drinks for the next game if we lose. To be more realistic, how about 1.50 cokes, 1.50 hot dogs 2.50 beers and 1.00 ice cream if we lose.
Jeez, this is FOOTBALL, this is NOT like going to WalMart and buying something broke and returning it or going out to eat and finding a fly in your soup and getting a free meal...Get real...
Old 09-19-2005   #44
playoff year please
Veteran

Quote:
Jeez, this is FOOTBALL, this is NOT like going to WalMart and buying something broke and returning it or going out to eat and finding a fly in your soup and getting a free meal...Get real...
You are missing the point. A product needs to have a fair price. Right now it's not fair. I thank God I can go to a live football game and be able to barely afford it. But it's not right in most pro sports that the teams are not held responsible to the fans enough. We pay them. I know I could not support the sport, but that would kill me and someone else with more money will keep the players a salary.
Old 09-19-2005   #45
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

So should we pay more when the Texans win 2 or 3 in a row?
Old 09-19-2005   #46
playoff year please
Veteran

Golf
Win-get paid
Lose-no money
Old 09-19-2005   #47
playoff year please
Veteran

Quote:
So should we pay more when the Texans win 2 or 3 in a row?
I gaurantee the price of tickets will go up if they become a winner. Why can't they go down when they are losers. They have gone up this year while losing, if you haven't noticed.

Last edited by playoff year please; 09-19-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-19-2005   #48
touttail
All Pro

Kinda stuck on this one. Yep, I guess if you boo it lets the team know that you are disappointed..

I myself will not boo the team, but definitely let them know I'm pissed. I will yell, like I did at the secondary Sunday, get your head out of your butt, or time to show up isn't it. I stood in the aisle on the front row Sunday and just stood there with my arms in the air like what the *********. I yell block line. Just can't make myself boo them.

Bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #49
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
To be a supportive fan or to be a booing, criticising fan?

If you blindly support your team and cheer when they announce "Pat Buchannon!" or "Jason Babin!" maybe you are giving the players some confidence, but aren't you also telling McNair and the Texans $$ holders that we are happy even when we lose?

I want to cheer for this team, but I also want the owner to make some changes so that we can be a winning team.

Ive cheered myself horse every game I've been to, but Im tired of watching the same problems every year. We have always had an OL problem. Why haven't we fixed it? Etc, etc.

What is a loyal fan who wants change supposed to do??
I dunno. You 've got me on this end here feeling down b/c I feel the same way. I try to stick up for them when I can - b/c I'm a fan of the home town team. But then again, you look at the Rockets, 'Stros, Comets, Aeros it's the same old story. At least 3 of the 4 mentioned have won championships here. It might be a stretch for us to ask or expect the Texans to be championship contenders, but then again no it's not. I mean afterall, there were teams that made it to the playoffs or the Superbowl within their first 2 or 4 seasons in the new city - and amazingly enough Capers coached one of them, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

But as a fan, you hope for the team to make the necessary changes to make it a contender. Everytime has been down before and those teams end up shining. It will happen for the Texans as well.
Old 09-19-2005   #50
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
I am not saying no one has the right to be pissed, and I am not saying fans do not have the right to voice their opinion, what I am saying is why complain about spending the money? It's football, you win some and lose some. But it this way, would you rather to be able and go watch the Texans every Sunday, or would you rather have no team to watch on Sundays, the way we had it for several years. I know I pick the having the Texans anyday...
Uh, yea you are and thankfully you are the minority.

If you feel paying $50-$100 for a ticket, $7 bucks for a beer, sitting under 95 degree sun in an arena that has a retractable roof, and watching the Houston Cougars play NFL teams a good investment then more power to you buddy. God be with you if you ever put $ in the stock market. Some people will never believe the sky is blue no matter how many angles are throw their way.

I love the concept, love the players, love the vibe, the tailgating, the spirit, the uniforms, owner, arena, etc. I don't like the preparation, stategy, leadership, scheme, not to mention the preventable heat. Last time I check we live in America which means I have a right to spend money just as I have the right to boo a bad product. This does not mean I am not a fan. This means I am a fan disgusted with the coaching staff and they needed to hear it more than anyone else.

And who said you were a bandwagoner? If you "really" were at the game you would of thought we were in Pitt. I find it hard to believe that there are that many transplants from Pitt living in Houston. In case you have not noticed this is the bandwagon capital of the world. We are littered with fans who only cling to the flavor of the day.
BREAZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #51
texan279
Hall of Fame

Playoff year called me a bandwagoner, and the Steelers have one of the largest group of fans who follow them everywhere...
Old 09-19-2005   #52
playoff year please
Veteran

Quote:
Playoff year called me a bandwagoner, and the Steelers have one of the largest group of fans who follow them everywhere...
I did not say that. Look again, I believe it was Breaze.
Old 09-19-2005   #53
texan279
Hall of Fame

You are right playoff year, I apologize, it was breaze who called me a bandwagon fan...
Old 09-19-2005   #54
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Funny because I don't really notice that in sports bars...
Old 09-19-2005   #55
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Funny because I don't really notice that in sports bars...
Becuse they actually go to the games, it's part of Steeler history...
Old 09-19-2005   #56
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Becuse they actually go to the games, it's part of Steeler history...
I'm talking about weeks where we don't play the Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you look back at my bangwagon comment you will realize I did not quote you yet you got offended somehow...hmm.
Old 09-19-2005   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109114 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers have a great fan base and are seen at rival stadiums in masses often. When I saw the transplant Oilers in the Liberty Bowl there may have been as many Steeler fans as there were Oiler fans back right after the move.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #58
touttail
All Pro

Quote:
the Steelers have one of the largest group of fans who follow them everywhere...
I can't remember ever seeing as many opposing fans as I did Steeler fans Sunday. Man there was a Steeler crowd there!

bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005   #59
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
And if you look back at my bangwagon comment you will realize I did not quote you yet you got offended somehow...hmm.
This was your reply to one of my posts...

Quote:
If you pay good $ for your seat, are forced to sit in 95 degree heat, pay $7 for a beer, and watch a train wreck in return then you as a TRUE fan have every right to show your displeasure.

If you can't understand this then you are probably on of the many bandwagoners at the game yesterday...
No I am not offended but it was directed to me...
Old 09-19-2005   #60
BREAZE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touttail
I can't remember ever seeing as many opposing fans as I did Steeler fans Sunday. Man there was a Steeler crowd there!

bobby 119C
Exactly! There were more Steelers fans at the arena yesterday than there were Cowboy fans at the very 1st game. I guess the Steelers are now Americas team. This has become an argument of fans at the game vs fans that were not. I'm done riding this merry-go-round...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read