Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-16-2011   #61
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans in the NFL Top 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Because FB is not looked at as a position that is entirely necessary in an NFL offense. I mean nobody is saying Leach is terrible, he just plays in a position that usually doesn't cater to having your name in bright lights. I have a feeling if there are any FB's on this list, it'll probably only be 1 and it'll probably be that guy on the Ravens who is basically an RB that they have block occasionally.
Yeah, but this is a list that's voted on by the players, so while league wide and from a executive level/fan base a fullback might not get much recognition, my guess is the multiple players who Leach sends to the cold tub week in and week out might think differently...and this list is about 2011 only and in 2011, Leach was head and shoulders better than McClain and Ahmard hall. He was the absolute best at his position, so I think he was a chance at being on this list.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011   #62
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Tweet from Arian:

"Attention NFL Network!! Please don't put me in your "top 100" put, @CMyers55 @DuaneBrown76 @Smitty74allday @ericwinston & Mike Brisiel."

Classy guy.
Old 05-16-2011   #63
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Yeah, but this is a list that's voted on by the players, so while league wide and from a executive level/fan base a fullback might not get much recognition, my guess is the multiple players who Leach sends to the cold tub week in and week out might think differently...and this list is about 2011 only and in 2011, Leach was head and shoulders better than McClain and Ahmard hall. He was the absolute best at his position, so I think he was a chance at being on this list.
It's obviously not "just what happened last year" with this kind of list since you see a guy like McNabb or TO on there. I just really don't think more than 1 or 2 FB's make it if that and Leach isn't a guy who gets much in the way of stats (unlike McClain). You have to remember that FB's who don't accrue stats don't usually get recognition like this, player voted or not (besides part of the PB is player votes).
Old 05-16-2011   #64
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It's obviously not "just what happened last year" with this kind of list since you see a guy like McNabb or TO on there. I just really don't think more than 1 or 2 FB's make it if that and Leach isn't a guy who gets much in the way of stats (unlike McClain). You have to remember that FB's who don't accrue stats don't usually get recognition like this, player voted or not (besides part of the PB is player votes).
Yeah, but the only problem with that is Leach was voted to the pro bowl this year over McClain......and that's the same people that are voting for this list. It really has nothing to do with stats are even McClain. Vonta is the top of his position and he's recognized as such....if the players vote in a full back the percentage that it'll be Vonta Leach is about 85%

Also while I think Donovan McNabb's spot at 100 was more of a "career achievement" award.....TOs was not. Did you watch Owens this year? In only 11 starts he had near a 1,000 yards and he scored 9 TDs...it's not a stretch to include him on this list.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #65
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

For all the Vonta doubters out there (which included me), looks like he's the second Texan.

Quote:
Texans free agent fullback Vonta Leach checks in between No. 60 and No. 51 on NFL Network’s list of the top 100 current NFL players, as selected by their peers. Leach’s profile airs at 7 p.m. Sunday. Mario Williams made the list at No. 71 as the Texans’ first representative.
LINK

Edit - I don't know if the claim of him being between No. 60 and No. 51 is a typo (although my guess is that it is), but the next show (Sunday Evening) is #'s 61-70, so if it's not a typo, it will be a week from Sunday before Vonta's on the show.
Old 05-22-2011   #66
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

It's official. Leach is in! Great to see him make it, but that means there's a Texan that's getting snubbed big time! Schaub, Foster, or Ryans. Despite having some of the best stats from all QBs the past two seasons, looks like he'll be the odd man out.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #67
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one who facepalmed when they spelled his name Vontae Leach?
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #68
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
Am I the only one who facepalmed when they spelled his name Vontae Leach?

NO RESPECT!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011   #69
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans FB Vonta Leach biggest surprise so far on Top 100 list?
Quote:
02:48 AM
By Nate Davis, USA TODAY

Perhaps the biggest shocker to date on The Top 100 Players of 2011, a 10-part series airing on NFL Network with a list determined by the votes of active players, was the Houston Texans' Vonta Leach checking in at No. 65.

Texans FB Vonta Leach earned all-pro and Pro Bowl honors for the first time in 2010.

Leach tweeted: "Well thanks to my peers I'm humble but there are alot of guys that's better than me that did not make the list."

One of his former peers agreed.

"Fullback at No. 65? Just not feeling it," said NFL Network analyst and former QB Kurt Warner.

Leach earned all-pro and Pro Bowl honors for the first time in 2010, his seventh NFL season, after helping lead RB Arian Foster to the league rushing title. Leach will probably not top Foster or Texans WR Andre Johnson, but he did surpass Houston DE Mario Williams (No. 71) and other stars like Tony Romo (No. 72), Greg Jennings (No. 74), Santonio Holmes (No. 76) and Joe Flacco (No. 90).

Players 61-70:

•61. Brandon Marshall, WR, Dolphins
•62. Jerod Mayo, ILB, Patriots
•63. Cameron Wake, OLB, Dolphins
•64. Tamba Hali, OLB, Chiefs
•65. Vonta Leach, FB, Texans
•66. Richard Seymour, DL, Raiders
•67. Brian Waters, G, Chiefs
•68. Antrel Rolle, S, Giants
•69. John Abraham, DE, Falcons
•70. Miles Austin, WR, Cowboys

The bottom half of The Top 100 Players of 2011 will conclude with Nos. 60-51 revealed Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011   #70
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Texans FB Vonta Leach biggest surprise so far on Top 100 list?
To bad Mr. Warner doesn't have a vote.

The PLAYERS voted for who they wanted which should end up being pretty accurate, it's not going to be a popularity contest. Warner, who I normally like, just needs to get over it. Of course they are paid to nitpick the choices.

How else are they going to fill another hour of primetime....just to get opinions of the same two people......over and over again..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read