Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 05-09-2011   #41
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft Game- Texans 1st rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Want. Armstrong is a beast, and I would be very happy if he is the pick.
Ah, but will he be best player available?
Old 05-09-2011   #42
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Ah, but will he be best player available?
Certainly could be. I could see him being a top 15 player, depending on how the season goes down.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

SS in top 15 better be outstanding. Just don't see Houston going safety in first. Either a WR or ILB to replace Ryan eventually.
Old 05-09-2011   #44
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
SS in top 15 better be outstanding. Just don't see Houston going safety in first. Either a WR or ILB to replace Ryan eventually.
He is.

I dont exactly know what to expect in the draft next year. Could go safety, could go WR, could go OL, could go ILB, and could go NT if the Mitchell experiment does not work out. It is going to be an exciting draft year.
Old 05-09-2011   #45
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is.

I dont exactly know what to expect in the draft next year. Could go safety, could go WR, could go OL, could go ILB, and could go NT if the Mitchell experiment does not work out. It is going to be an exciting draft year.
The NT class appears to be weak the CB,LB and the OL class appear to be really deep.

It appears as though Rick and Gary listened to Wade and stopped reaching to fill need early in the draft. It's about time.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011   #46
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The NT class appears to be weak the CB,LB and the OL class appear to be really deep.

It appears as though Rick and Gary listened to Wade and stopped reaching to fill need early in the draft. It's about time.
I would agree to this. Unless some guys really come out from the woodwork, the drafting a NT below the second round would be a waste of a pick. If you get the chance, take a look at Washington's Alameda Ta'amu. I really like the guy, and think he could be a dominant NT in the pros.
Old 05-12-2011   #47
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would agree to this. Unless some guys really come out from the woodwork, the drafting a NT below the second round would be a waste of a pick. If you get the chance, take a look at Washington's Alameda Ta'amu. I really like the guy, and think he could be a dominant NT in the pros.
I just watched some YouTube highlights of him and he seems to have better than average agility for someone his size but he doesn't seem to be as strong as I'd expect from someone so big and he doesn't get good leverage. He gets stood up, losing leverage, at the LOS or turned and moved out of position by a single lineman. I can see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick judging by last years footage but if he's going to play in the NFL he had better get alot stronger and bend his knees more to get lower and gain leverage. Someone his size should be swatting O-linemen like mosquitoes. We'll see what he learns or gets better at this year.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #48
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is.

It certainly should be an exciting draft next year. The draft looks really deep at CB, FS/SS, and LB all of which should be our needs in the 2012 draft. NT doesn't look real deep but there seems to be some good ones out there. We could finally get a playmaker in the secondary and a stud NT on the D-line.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #49
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I just watched some YouTube highlights of him and he seems to have better than average agility for someone his size but he doesn't seem to be as strong as I'd expect from someone so big and he doesn't get good leverage. He gets stood up, losing leverage, at the LOS or turned and moved out of position by a single lineman. I can see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick judging by last years footage but if he's going to play in the NFL he had better get alot stronger and bend his knees more to get lower and gain leverage. Someone his size should be swatting O-linemen like mosquitoes. We'll see what he learns or gets better at this year.
That is my main knock on him as well (strength), but I am hoping that he got a good off-season in and built it up a bit. He lost about 30-40 pounds in the last offseason, and I am thinking that hurt him a bit.
Old 05-12-2011   #50
badboy
Site Contributor

Ta'amu is the only big NT. If we are going to draft a 300-310lb NT why not stay with what we already have that Phillips thinks will be fine and use that draft pick elsewhere? As Ta'Amu has the size I want, I would use a pick on him but no one else comes to mind.
Old 05-14-2011   #51
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Screw going BPA (unless Justin Blackmon is on the board), we need a NT, FS/SS, or another LB going into the 2012 NFL Draft as of right now. W/O a stud NT, our 3-4 scheme will struggle and W/O a safety to help our CBs out, our DBs are gonna' get torched all day long.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

I just want opportunity to have a first round selection in 2012 draft...
Old 05-24-2011   #53
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on the Jeff Fuller bandwagon. Playoffs this year, picking mid-20's. Great spot to draft Fuller!

#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #54
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm on the Jeff Fuller bandwagon. Playoffs this year, picking mid-20's. Great spot to draft Fuller!

On my 2012 mock I will post soon, Fuller is my first rounder. Like Julio Jones he would be too good to pass up and he just might be there in mid 20s. I have Texans picking #20.
Old 05-25-2011   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On my 2012 mock I will post soon, Fuller is my first rounder. Like Julio Jones he would be too good to pass up and he just might be there in mid 20s. I have Texans picking #20.
Optimist

LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011   #56
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dunno, Fuller's stock will be highly inflated after the Aggies win the Big 12 outright and go to a BCS bowl. If he performs well in a BCS bowl, his value will skyrocket. I would love to see the Texans get Fuller, but I think he will be the #2 WR in the draft after Justin Blackmon. Blackmon ought to be a top 5 pick and I think Fuller will be in the top 12.
Old 05-26-2011   #57
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I dunno, Fuller's stock will be highly inflated after the Aggies win the Big 12 outright and go to a BCS bowl. If he performs well in a BCS bowl, his value will skyrocket. I would love to see the Texans get Fuller, but I think he will be the #2 WR in the draft after Justin Blackmon. Blackmon ought to be a top 5 pick and I think Fuller will be in the top 12.
I was really high on Blackmon and Jones this year... kinda glad Blackmon went back to school though because I love how our draft turned out. I too think he'll be the 1st WR taken next draft but like you said, Fuller's stock may skyrocket after the Aggies' BCS game victory and with him being the 1st WR to win the Heisman in a long time! lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011   #58
badboy
Site Contributor

Fuller will have to slide from around #15 or so to # 20 for Texans. I am thinking that there will be some teams that did not get a corner this draft who will try to grab one in first round next draft that migh help push him down. I do have a back-up pick and will be posting mock today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read