Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default 1st change has to be Coaching we have 2 weeks

The first change has to be the coaching staff , Capers and Palmer need to go now not later if we are gonna waste the rest of the season would rather it be under new coaches . It really saddens me to see how bad they have played these past 2 games and watching other teams today look so Professional even the browns.
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
CyberTexan
Veteran

what coaches do you guys think we could pick up right away ? I know there wont be any big names but who ?
Old 09-18-2005   #3
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

I cant think of any off hand. I dont know that i would get rid of capers til end of season but i have no problem in seeing palmer go
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

WHy not give Gary Kubiak in Denver a chance to coach? The guy is knowledgable and local.

We need a coaching change big time, these guys do not look prepared at all when they go out there, GOOD DEFENSES or not.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
CyberTexan
Veteran

why not Offer Wade Phillips the JOB Houston Fans would love a Bum type in charge , pry him away from the Chargers defense
Old 09-18-2005   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Being a possible choice and being able to come to Houston are two different things. Both Kubiak and Phillips are with teams and unless that team is willing to let them go (doubtful in mid season) they will go no where. Even in the off season they MAY not be able to be let go. So...given that, the only ones we could likely get are those currently out of coaching, not usually a good thing. Only Jimmy Johnson comes to mind that would be qualifide and I suspect he isn't very interested.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #7
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Kubiak wouldnt be too bad. I do think we should either go 46 or stay 34. I would like Phillips i think he could show our offense how to play and protect plus he would keep the 34. I dont think we will change head coaches til end of season depending on how bad we do. I think we should change O-Coord now. Give him the rest of the season to show he can improve us. Some coach was fired at the end of last season and he wasnt hired minus spurrier who was it? i 4got
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2005   #8
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

what about Dan Reeves, Mike Heimerdinger, or heres a good one...Houston Nutt from Arkansas
Old 09-18-2005   #9
texans0529

Default I agree there needs to be a quick coaching change

Jimmy Johnson would be awesome but I think his failure with Miami has made him a bit gun shy. He also seems to be happy as a commentator.
Now for the coaching changes we need to get rid of Palmer now even if Dom has to do his job. I would love to get rid of Dom Capers but like you guys said we have to keep him until the end of the season. I really hope the owner is already looking at the coaches that will be available for next year.
Old 09-18-2005   #10
LoneStarState
Veteran

Make Palmer fall on the sword during the season - then fire Capers and Casserly once the season is over. This team has given up on the coaching. Internal bickering... this has disaster all over it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read