Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-28-2011   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Somebody hit this man with some rep. I've got to spread it around.
Cant rep him

But if anybody deserves it BL's the man.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #22
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Somebody hit this man with some rep. I've got to spread it around.
Done...good look BL
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #23
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

repped. BL is the man.
Old 04-28-2011   #24
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Cant rep you, but badass man!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #25
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Repped, awesome call.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #26
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone see the WTF look Saban had when Carpenter went to the Hawks? Hilarious. I coudlnt believe he let that look last so long on his face. Even the guys around him were like WTF, James???
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't rep him, but would buy him a beer sometime!
Old 05-01-2011   #28
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Has made it official he is entering the 2011 NFL Draft.

This is a really easy pick for me to project #11 for the Texans, ideal measureables @ 6-6 292 along with Mario Williams would give the Texans a great looking pair of DE's.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-fo...010611aaa.html

I've never projected a Texans pick this early, which concerns me, however be certain the kid can play & fit into Wade Phillips defensive overhaul of our Houston Texans.
January 7, 2011 projection. Dadgum bl, bad ass!

MSR

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest in the last few days leading up to the draft my sources indicated Cowboys were taking a hard look @ JJ Watt with the 9th pick. So I was happy to see they stuck with Tyron Smith who I had called their #1 guy over a month ago. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good, thanks for all the positive feedback

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011   #30
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...gs/TSX/2011_DE

interesting ranking of the 2011 NFL Draft DE prospects. As Texans move into their new scheme Watt makes even more sense because of course the Texans #1 DE is Mario Williams who trumps anyone on this list. Wade coming home to Houston is the best thing ever for Mario, Watt, Texans D & Texan followers everywhere. This is a perfect example how you adjust for BPA strategy, cause even if Cameron was rated higher, Watt fit better because it allowed Williams to achieve his destiny

notice Brooks is not even listed as a DE anymore (#3 OLB) & Cheta Ozougwu is ranked 24th. quite a haul ladies & gents.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-21-2011   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

interesting ranking of the 2011 NFL Draft DE prospects. As Texans move into their new scheme Watt makes even more sense because of course the Texans #1 DE is Mario Williams who trumps anyone on this list. Wade coming home to Houston is the best thing ever for Mario, Watt, Texans D & Texan followers everywhere. This is a perfect example how you adjust for BPA strategy, cause even if Cameron was rated higher, Watt fit better because it allowed Williams to achieve his destiny

notice Brooks is not even listed as a DE anymore (#3 OLB) & Cheta Ozougwu is ranked 24th. quite a haul ladies & gents.
Question, if Mario is not a Texan after this next year, does DE or OLB become our #1 dire need for 2012 draft? I know it's early and I guess the best scenario in that case is for Barwin and Brooks Reed to be terrific as OLBs.
Old 05-21-2011   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Question, if Mario is not a Texan after this next year, does DE or OLB become our #1 dire need for 2012 draft? I know it's early and I guess the best scenario in that case is for Barwin and Brooks Reed to be terrific as OLBs.
Barwin should be 100% while Brooks with one year under his belt, good to go. So I would say no. Also we need to see how CB, Safety & NT positions pan out.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-21-2011   #33
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Barwin should be 100% while Brooks with one year under his belt, good to go. So I would say no. Also we need to see how CB, Safety & NT positions pan out.
Even if Keo is successful, I'd lean towards another SS in 2012 and an ILB pretty high up. If JJ not on roster we have to get another WR also. Seems like Walter's prdouction is down. Not usre if it is a thing between him an Matt or what.
Old 05-22-2011   #34
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think there's a better than average chance that we'll franchise Mario as an OLB after next season. The Texans are going to want to see more than one year of quality production from any player at a new position before offering him a very expensive FA contract. If we were to lose Mario to FA after next season I don't think it makes DE or OLB our highest priority since we just picked up Watt and Brooks. Mario leaving would leave us very thin at those positions and they would need to be addressed in the draft but probably only in the 3rd-5th rounds, quality depth. I see NT, FS/SS, and ILB as our highest priorities next year along with depth at OLB, CB, and FS/SS. I could see us having another almost exclusively defensive draft. We still need some better starters at a few positions but we also need some much better quality depth as well. Bentley is getting old, Sharpton is just to small to play in the NFL, and Barber sucks.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #35
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm afraid that by using Mario as an OLB we will be under-utilizing his talents. Mario is in a similar position to Aaron Kampman who struggled to make the transition from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB.

Personally, I would rather keep Mario, JJ Watt, Jarvis Green, and Antonio Smith as our DEs and have guys like Tim Bulman and Tim Jamison try and make the transition to OLB.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I'm afraid that by using Mario as an OLB we will be under-utilizing his talents. Mario is in a similar position to Aaron Kampman who struggled to make the transition from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB.

Personally, I would rather keep Mario, JJ Watt, Jarvis Green, and Antonio Smith as our DEs and have guys like Tim Bulman and Tim Jamison try and make the transition to OLB.
That is, unless you believe the words coming out of Wade Phillips' mouth.... which I can understand if you don't.

Mario will play DE, like he always had. He will be standing up more often than not, which will be somewhat of a change, but it's pretty similar to the way we used Mario a couple of years back.

If we are successful on first & second down, look for Mario to put his hand on the ground, just like Ware would.

All we are really doing, is kicking Antonio Smith inside permanently & taking Okoye off the starting line-up.
Old 05-22-2011   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Then you add Brandon Harris (#5 CB) & Rashad Carmichael (#20 CB) & you've got quite a haul indeed.
Old 05-22-2011   #38
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think there's a better than average chance that we'll franchise Mario as an OLB after next season. The Texans are going to want to see more than one year of quality production from any player at a new position before offering him a very expensive FA contract. If we were to lose Mario to FA after next season I don't think it makes DE or OLB our highest priority since we just picked up Watt and Brooks. Mario leaving would leave us very thin at those positions and they would need to be addressed in the draft but probably only in the 3rd-5th rounds, quality depth. I see NT, FS/SS, and ILB as our highest priorities next year along with depth at OLB, CB, and FS/SS. I could see us having another almost exclusively defensive draft. We still need some better starters at a few positions but we also need some much better quality depth as well. Bentley is getting old, Sharpton is just to small to play in the NFL, and Barber sucks.
I'm thinking JJ will be on roster & as of today I think:

1. ILB 2. NT 3. SS 4. Center 5. CB/FS 6.DE/OLB 7. WR
Old 05-23-2011   #39
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
I'm thinking JJ will be on roster & as of today I think:

1. ILB 2. NT 3. SS 4. Center 5. CB/FS 6.DE/OLB 7. WR
Sharpton will impress Wade, maybe enough they can move Brian to strong side olb? creating more options, pass rushing angles for Wade to implement.

Makes sense to enable Mario standing up, but think he still needs to spend some time down low in front (5 tech). Thing I like most about this draft is not only how the FO addressed defensive needs, but they went to strength of draft which was the 5 tech position, they had to take either Watt or Jordan to have the flexibility to do the things Phillips wanted plus taking BPA off the board.

They just got plain lucky Brooks was still there after all those 3-4 teams who needed OLB passed, then made their own luck for a very low cost to trade up for Brandon Harris clearly the top corner available on the board. Checking the depth sheet all three are projected starters or at least contributing significant minutes.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 05-23-2011   #40
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Damn, that sig's about a two pager!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read