Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-10-2011   #21
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why the Texan D will be much better in 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well hell, the title of this thread is almost a no brainer considering the fact that they can't get any worse, so they've got nowhere to go BUT UP!
Would you really be surprised if they figured out a new way to suck even harder next year? Would you reaaaaally be surprised? Reaaaaaallly?

I don't think they'll be worse (I mean it is difficult to get worse than what we saw last year) but they have found new and hilarious ways to be bad before. I anticipate them being better because they hired a real DC this time and not. . . not. . . well, not whatever the **** Richard Smith and Frank Bush were. Damnit Kubiak sucks at hiring defensive staff.
Old 05-10-2011   #22
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont see how we could get worse from last year LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #23
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I dont see how we could get worse from last year LOL
I present the the Houston Texans Rushing Defense circa 2005:
Code:
Rk 	Team 	G 	Pts/G 	TotPts 	Att 	Att/G 	Yds 	Avg 	Yds/G 	TD 	Lng 	1st 	1st% 	20+ 	40+ 	FUM                                                
32 	Houston	16 	26.9 	431 	506 	31.6 	2,303 	4.6 	143.9 	21 	49 	123 	24.3 	10 	1 	7
We gave up less points this year (barely) than we did that year. Thank god for Rusty Smith lol.

Could pair that bad boy with last years passing defense. Same alignment too!
Old 05-10-2011   #24
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I trust wade will turn our D around ....

what im worried about is that Our Offensive will implode THis year "knocks on wood"
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011   #25
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Our defense will be better because of one man......

The son of Bum!!!!!!!!!!!
I prefer "that Son of a Bum"!
Old 05-11-2011   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a link to a new McClown article. It sounds soooooo good. I just hope it translates to reality.
Old 05-11-2011   #27
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
And he won't be even close to 100% in 2011 and the odds of a full recovery ever are not even good.
This worries me more than the secondary, more than Barwin's recovery, more than Cushing without his "supplements". If DeMeco isn't 100% that will be a significant weakness. Say what you want about the sucky secondary or lack of pass rush, but I totally believe that our season went in the ditch when/because DeMeco was lost for the year.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #28
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
This worries me more than the secondary, more than Barwin's recovery, more than Cushing without his "supplements". If DeMeco isn't 100% that will be a significant weakness. Say what you want about the sucky secondary or lack of pass rush, but I totally believe that our season went in the ditch when/because DeMeco was lost for the year.
I agree for the most part. Everyone knows I love me some D-Ryans and what he brings to the defense not only from a performance standpoint, but leadership as well.

But, I think most will agree that our defense was horrendous before D-Ryans went down. I went back and took a gander at the first 5 games just to see how bad it was. Keep in mind, I agree with you in saying the loss of D-Ryans hurt the defense. I'm just posting these for giggles and give us a reminder of how bad our defense was when we were 3-2

Week 1 - Indy gained 463 yards and scored 24 points
Week 2 - Washington gained 421 yards and scored 27 points
Week 3 - Dallas gained 385 yards and scored 27 points
Week 4 - Oakland gained 363 yards and scored 24 points
Week 5 - NYG gained 414 yards and scored 34 points
Old 05-11-2011   #29
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I agree for the most part. Everyone knows I love me some D-Ryans and what he brings to the defense not only from a performance standpoint, but leadership as well.

But, I think most will agree that our defense was horrendous before D-Ryans went down. I went back and took a gander at the first 5 games just to see how bad it was. Keep in mind, I agree with you in saying the loss of D-Ryans hurt the defense. I'm just posting these for giggles and give us a reminder of how bad our defense was when we were 3-2

Week 1 - Indy gained 463 yards and scored 24 points
Week 2 - Washington gained 421 yards and scored 27 points
Week 3 - Dallas gained 385 yards and scored 27 points
Week 4 - Oakland gained 363 yards and scored 24 points
Week 5 - NYG gained 414 yards and scored 34 points
Ouch! Thanks for reminding me Hou-Tex.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Ouch! Thanks for reminding me Hou-Tex.
Ha, sorry bro. Heck, all we can do now if laugh about it, right? And hope Wade's the answer
Old 05-11-2011   #31
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Ha, sorry bro. Heck, all we can do now if laugh about it, right? And hope Wade's the answer
Wade can't fix SUCK!! Sorry Kareem!
Old 05-11-2011   #32
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Wade can't fix SUCK!! Sorry Kareem!
Keep hope alive!!!
Old 05-11-2011   #33
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the scheme will help the texans out a lot on defense and it depends on how well Mario Williams transition to OLB goes. The secondary needs some very good veterans to go along with a very young group that just got younger threw the draft.
Old 05-12-2011   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

LINK
Old 05-21-2011   #35
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 166542 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really anything earth-shattering, but a nice little article about Wade and the D's state of affairs.

Wade Phillips: Why the Houston Texans Job Is Easier Than You Think
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011   #36
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Not really anything earth-shattering, but a nice little article about Wade and the D's state of affairs.

Wade Phillips: Why the Houston Texans Job Is Easier Than You Think
Nice read, thanks for posting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read