Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Poor Management

we cut glenn & sharper, 2 proven probowlers. drafted a backup DL early in the first, passing up a playmaking LB which is the staple of a strong 3-4. we picked up a known bust in buchannon. between 6 or more potential starters at WR to chose from, we not only keep, but start the only one that wouldnt make most rosters. we have yet to address our worst offensive line in the NFL. we cut the only receiving TE that we have. we cut the only proven kick returner we've ever had. we keep maybe the worst runningback i've ever seen in hollings. that's just personnel, in just one year.

coaching, as impossible as it sounds, is even worse. it starts at the top and at this rate we'll be asking the browns for advice.
Old 09-18-2005   #2
JDTexan
Rookie

Default For a team to regress this much, it has to be coaching.

This team is worse than the team that took the field in 2002.

In order for a team to be worse in every phase of the game (offense, defense, and special teams) there is no other reason but coaching.

If a quarterback takes this many steps backward in his fourth year, I whole heartedly hold his coaching accountable for not preparing him and/or putting him in position to succeed.

It's time to make some coaching and administrative changes.
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
we cut glenn & sharper, 2 proven probowlers. drafted a backup DL early in the first, passing up a playmaking LB which is the staple of a strong 3-4. we picked up a known bust in buchannon. between 6 or more potential starters at WR to chose from, we not only keep, but start the only one that wouldnt make most rosters. we have yet to address our worst offensive line in the NFL. we cut the only receiving TE that we have. we cut the only proven kick returner we've ever had. we keep maybe the worst runningback i've ever seen in hollings. that's just personnel, in just one year.

coaching, as impossible as it sounds, is even worse. it starts at the top and at this rate we'll be asking the browns for advice.
...outstanding post...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching this game, I was thinking about watching the Texans in Reliant in 2003 when they took defending SB champs NE into overtime before losing the
game and how everyone including the NE players bragged about the Texans'
efforts in that game. Wow, how did we get this far off track since then ? But
with this kind of regression as the poster said, gotta put a ton of the blame on the coaching staff. They weren't ready in Buffalo and they aren't ready
today.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #5
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Jimmy Johnson for head Coach

I say we all get together and beg yes beg Jimmy Johnson to ask to coach our team , this team needs acoach like him Texans lack discipline
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
JDTexan
Rookie

Default Three steps backward...

You're absolutely right nanusguy. How did we get from a competitive NFL team to a Division II college team?

IT'S THE COACHING!
JDTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #7
stevo3883
All Pro

Thats it, I'm calling it

Time of Death, 2:23 PM
stevo3883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2005   #8
texvettx
waterboy

Angry terrible

I have NEVER seen as much ineptness and predictialibity on a offensive staff as i have seen today!!!
texvettx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #9
Babbles
Rookie

Default Politics of Football

Bob Mcnair of the Houston Texans appoints people of imcompetance to key management positions. Casserley is the Mike Brown of disaster relief for this houston franchise. Redskin knew this guys time was up along-time ago and was HAPPY to get rid of him. Capers is a losing coach overall as a manager and never had the resume to qualify him as a HeadCoach. Tell Palmer if he wants to run the ball everyplay then let him get out on the offensive line and throw some blocks and showem how to get it done, otherwise give us fans some 3 passing down snaps... yes even when we are 27 points down (heh) I would like to see the ball thrown down-field. Seems like this Houston Texans is really the old Houston Oilers in drag. The Bosseli deal set the team back 5 years before the 1st snap was ever taken by this franchise. Unless people light a fire under mcnairs *** on ticket sales this team will be in the gutter for along time to come.
Babbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #10
TexansRoll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTexan
This team is worse than the team that took the field in 2002.

In order for a team to be worse in every phase of the game (offense, defense, and special teams) there is no other reason but coaching.

If a quarterback takes this many steps backward in his fourth year, I whole heartedly hold his coaching accountable for not preparing him and/or putting him in position to succeed.

It's time to make some coaching and administrative changes.
This season is going to be ugly
TexansRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #11
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

After last weeks game, I thought that we should wait till next year to make a change, but now I know better, with this season down the drain, Id rather just start prepairing the team for 2006
Old 09-18-2005   #12
Buzz
Veteran

I wouldn't say down the drain just yet, but definitely circling it.
Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #13
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79918 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberTexan
I say we all get together and beg yes beg Jimmy Johnson to ask to coach our team , this team needs acoach like him Texans lack discipline
I hope your kidding...there's a reason JJ's not coaching anymore. He know (like most of us do) that the Vikings are the reason he won those SB's. Hell, even Barry Switzer won with all the talent they were able to get from the Hershel Wallker trade.
TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #14
buckaroo_banzai
Rookie

Rep Power: 157 buckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respectedbuckaroo_banzai is a quality contributor and well respected

i hate to say it, but....CAPERS AND STAFF HAVE GOT TO GO!!!!!!
buckaroo_banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #15
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD Rivers
I hope your kidding...there's a reason JJ's not coaching anymore. He know (like most of us do) that the Vikings are the reason he won those SB's. Hell, even Barry Switzer won with all the talent they were able to get from the Hershel Wallker trade.
If most of you think that, then most of you are wrong.

Players Dallas drafted because of that trade:

Emmitt Smith
Kevin Smith
Russell Maryland
Clayton Holmes
Darren Woodson

Do you see any offensive linemen there? Where is Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin? Emmitt was obviously the steal but it's not like we were able to take him #1 overall because of the trade. Maryland was part of a rotating defensive line. If we didn't have him, we'd still have won. Holmes never amounted to anything. Woodson wasn't a starter in '92 when we won our first Super Bowl.

Jimmy was successful becase he had a great line-up of assistants. They're not known for being great head coaches but they were outstanding assistants.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #16
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79918 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually think you made my point for me. Without E. Smith, K. Smith, and Woodson, I don't think they win. Also Maryland was a solid every week DT, even if he didn't live up to the hype. Even still, that's a lot to pick up practically all at once in addition to your regular draft. If the assistants are also part of the reason JJ was successful, OK, I won't argue with that.

I just don't think J.J. is a great coach (and I think he knows it too). BARRY SWITZER won a Super Bowl with that talent. I don't think anything more needs to be said.
TD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read