Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Things we COULD do:(?)

1. Changes in the coaching staff. It is becomming painfully obvious that our playcalling and coaching are at least one aspect of our poor playing. 3 TEs and 1 WR and a run up the middle? didn't work. thats fine. trying it 10 times in one game and failing pretty much every time, not fine. Carr has obviously regressed, as has our OL, our WR corps, and many other key positions.
-What can we do? Change in GM, change in HC, change in OC.

2. Changes in rosters. We need key additions to OL, DL, LB, TE, and WR. I say we re-structure our depth chart to have Johnson, Armstrong, Gaffney, Mathis, and cut bradford. Maybe pick up Freddie Mitchell, because at least he is confident. As for OL, there are still some decent players available in FA. DL and LB, I don't know what we can do. I don't like Wong inside, I don't like Greenwood inside, I don't like Peek or Babin outside or inside. Our DL is serviceable, just needs some LBs to help penetrate. TE? Could we sign chad lewis? Is he available/healthy? If so, he is a play maker (remember the NFC championship?)

3. Confidence and Fan Support. Right now, I think we should give the Texans hell and let them know how disapointed we are. IF they make ANY changes to personel or play calling, we should respond with total support. That way, we can TRY to reinstate at least SOME confidence in the team. A confident team can rebound after a turnover or a mistake. An impolding team will just implode faster if it makes any mistakes.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

i definately think we should give Ross Verba a call.
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

PS: As for QB, I know a lot of people are calling for a change. Im not so hasty to junk Carr. He has shown poise when he has confidence. Last year he had a pretty good year all things considered. This season has seen him take a HUGE confidence hit in the preseason behind a TERRIBLE OL, and then every little mistake he makes during the games knocks his confidence down, and his playing ability down ever farther. he is so afraid of throwing picks/getting sacked that he runs out of the pocket to give himself the option of scrambling. He didn't do this last year. With some personel changes and some new practices, maybe we can reinstate a little confidence in him.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

How about we keep the good parts (AJ, DD, the name and logo *all I can think of right now*), throw the bad parts to LA for a new franchise (the whole O-Line, the coaching staff *debatable to some*, DC *see before*, the ppl on the field who call themselves 'defence' and whatever's left) and start all over again??? Hey who knows, surely lightning couldn't strike twice could it???
Old 09-18-2005   #5
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Storm
How about we keep the good parts (AJ, DD, the name and logo *all I can think of right now*), throw the bad parts to LA for a new franchise (the whole O-Line, the coaching staff *debatable to some*, DC *see before*, the ppl on the field who call themselves 'defence' and whatever's left) and start all over again??? Hey who knows, surely lightning couldn't strike twice could it???
I completly disagree we should keep Drob to.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #6
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I'll make an exception for him... we have to have at least 1 decent defence guy, 1 less we'd have to buy...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read