Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-18-2005   #1
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dom Capers: Interim Head Coach

Despite the title of the thread, I'm not sure that dumping Capers is the answer to this mess the Texans are in (yet). BUT--a strong message has to be sent to the team, and someone's head needs to roll for what we're seeing. Forget 0-2 against good teams; that was my line earlier this week. This team is sloppy, poorly prepared, and badly managed.

At this point, the Texans will need a miraculous season to salvage this staff's jobs. They're not losing close games. They're not even IN games. What can Capers do to stop the ship from taking on water?

I believe that someone needs to get canned this week. If it isn't Capers, then it'll have to be Palmer. And if it's neither, the Texans need to shock some starters and make some lineup changes.

C'mon, Dom. Shake this thing up. Do the right thing--while you can.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #2
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
C'mon, Dom. Shake this thing up. Do the right thing--while you can.
Thats not Dom, thats why he needs to go. Every team knows exactly what the Texans are gonna do and when they are going to do it. Yet stubborn ole Dom sticks to his gameplan even if they are down by 30.
Old 09-18-2005   #3
timeforanewcoach
Rookie

Default Palmer is an ***** too

Why did we get rid of our two best defensive players, our tight end, and cut Reggie Swinton who should've been no doubt their kick returner so some slow fourth string running back can return the ball to the twenty yard line at the best. And instead of Glenn we got Phillip "I can't cover and I don't want to tackle anyone" Buchannon, and some guy named Moron Greenwood, who I'm not even sure is playing. What a total Mickey Mouse orginization the Texans are.
timeforanewcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005   #4
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Discipline. That's what this team is lacking. I don't see enough players getting in their teammate's grill for messing up.

And I agree w/ whoever said that Capers is not going to shake anything up. Questionable trades and pink slips - Sharper, Glenn, Sinton, Thomas, Sears, Miller. Yeah, Billy Miller too. Afterall it's not like they are using the TE anymore than when he was here.

Soul searching???? MAN some heads need to roll, folks need to be chewed out.

Last edited by HoustonFan; 09-18-2005 at 04:13 PM.
HoustonFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read