Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2011   #81
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I am absolutely amazed at the value some of you put on the LAST pick in the draft. Here's my problem with it, once that pick is in the draft is over. That makes the value of that pick no more than than that of a UFA.

And if I have to explain why such gestures that cost you virtually nothing are important in this world then please do yourself a favor and do some volunteer work at a children's hospital or place that cares for the less fortunate and learn something about life and what its like to have you're dreams and future taken away from you before it rightfully should.

Or just keep living in oblivion and prey something like this never happens to you or even worse someone you love.
Hey asshole. I'm one that thinks that the NFL is NOT the make a wish foundation. I drove from shreveport to houston twice a month to sit through chemo with my mom for two years. Then I kissed her on the forehead as she passed away. Guess what. My mom wouldn't have wanted preferential treatment... I'll send you the biography when I get done writing it.

As for the idea that you would berate people? You are nothing but another internet bad ass. You have joined the ranks of wagon and SWT. That is reserved for the lowest of the low on here. I don't give a damn if you apologized. You berated people for an entire day. I've said something out of line before and apologized a few minutes later... you kept going. Hopefully your internet connection dies and we don't have to hear your drivel again.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Old 05-02-2011   #82
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am absolutely amazed at the value some of you put on the LAST pick in the draft. Here's my problem with it, once that pick is in the draft is over. That makes the value of that pick no more than than that of a UFA.

And if I have to explain why such gestures that cost you virtually nothing are important in this world then please do yourself a favor and do some volunteer work at a children's hospital or place that cares for the less fortunate and learn something about life and what its like to have you're dreams and future taken away from you before it rightfully should.

Or just keep living in oblivion and prey something like this never happens to you or even worse someone you love.
I am not against your sentiment overall, but you realize that you overplayed your hand and have come off overly moralistic. If you want raise the subject of why the texans (or any other 31 teams) did not draft Herzlich, it is a more than fair (honestly even proper)question. But acting like an organization has a responsibility to be nice, while not even having the ability to discuss the issue with any sort of maturity (ie questioning what other people or their families have been through, etc) comes off as mean-spirited and is counter to what your sentiment should reflect.

I am going to give you some time to response and then will close thread. The general point has made.
Old 05-02-2011   #83
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
You make it sound like us fans have to choose between being a good person and having a winning football team. Did you ever stop to think about the amount of volunteer work that some of the people you are berating do?
Seriously?you are equating giving up the last pick in the draft to choosing between being a good football team or a good person? Seriously? You realy believe that last pick that we could easily sign as a UFA is going to or could be the difference in this team being good or bad?
Old 05-02-2011   #84
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I am not against your sentiment overall, but you realize that you overplayed your hand and have come off overly moralistic. If you want raise the subject of why the texans (or any other 31 teams) did not draft Herzlich, it is a more than fair (honestly even proper)question. But acting like an organization has a responsibility to be nice, while not even having the ability to discuss the issue with any sort of maturity (ie questioning what other people or their families have been through, etc) comes off as mean-spirited and is counter to what your sentiment should reflect.

I am going to give you some time to response and then will close thread. The general point has made.
Again it was the last meaningless pick in the draft and has this team not said from day one that it will be an example of class and morality above all? I think you can read 90% of the post in this thread and use the term mean spirited to describe them. I don't mean to push my morality on anyone but some people here act as though morality has no place in sports as if it's counter productive to winning. Having said that I agree that this thread has reached it's end. Kill it if please I have said my .02.
Old 05-02-2011   #85
mussop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Hey asshole. I'm one that thinks that the NFL is NOT the make a wish foundation. I drove from shreveport to houston twice a month to sit through chemo with my mom for two years. Then I kissed her on the forehead as she passed away. Guess what. My mom wouldn't have wanted preferential treatment... I'll send you the biography when I get done writing it.

As for the idea that you would berate people? You are nothing but another internet bad ass. You have joined the ranks of wagon and SWT. That is reserved for the lowest of the low on here. I don't give a damn if you apologized. You berated people for an entire day. I've said something out of line before and apologized a few minutes later... you kept going. Hopefully your internet connection dies and we don't have to hear your drivel again.

Mike
Please you are just pissed because I pm you with what I thought about your neg rep. Your the one acting lime an Internet bad ass. And sorry about your mom.
Old 05-02-2011   #86
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please you are just pissed because I pm you with what I thought about your neg rep. Your the one acting lime an Internet bad ass. And sorry about your mom.
I care if you pm me? I care if you rep me? I'm not acting like anything. I neg repped you in private... then came back to the thread and figured if I would say it in private that I might as well say it in public so I did. I appreciate the feedback though. As for my mother? The only reason I brought it up was because you were telling people (who's stories you don't know) how they needed to go through something. I figured I would head off that at the turn, I wasn't looking for your sympathy.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read